Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

a few things i dont like about the article above is the reference to "weapon" to the average joe thats going to make them think of dangereous, the second is the use of the word "Pellet2 that brings to mind the image of a small steel/lead ball bearing instead of teh plastic BBs we all use, but also:
    Gardai are concerned about the guns, which they find regularly and seize during raids on the homes suspected criminals. A high proportion of weapons seized are sent for ballistic analysis each year.

gardai are concerned about AEGs/RIFs? or about real firearms found when raiding the homes of suspected criminals?

I think licensing retailers is a good thing IMO, in my neighbourhood the street is littered with yellow BBs most probably picked up for a few € at a market or in the likes of those two shops on Talbot street in dublin (one is a sweet shop). parents with no clue buy then for little jimmy and jimmy and his mate then go shooting the neighbours cat. at least if retailers are regulated it might reduce this. but would it be a case that the likes of the two locations I mentioned could go and get a license to sell cheap ass springers etc and get one. I mean there are other products that you need a license to sell, alcohol and tabaco. now i dont know much about then sale or licensing behind these but i would assume the owner of a shop makes an application to the relevant body and gets a license after some validation. so whats to stop any joe getting a license to sell crap springers, stick a sign up saying 18 years only and hope he dioesnt get caught selling to irresponsible parents who get them for the kids? the same of course could be said for alcohol and tabaco, but i'm sure those very same irresponsible parents would say "that's different" if someone mentioned it to them. is licensing for hobbists the answer to this? should it be a case of you just register as an owner of a RIF and thats it or should you need to register each one you own? but then it creates a scenario as mentioned above:
    Sc@recrow wrote:
    One worry is about private sales such as those on airsoft adverts

I would think by restricting the sale to licensed retailers only to sell second hand would be in breach of that legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the licensing actually refers to the importation of rifs into the republic of Ireland, i theory 2nd hand sales should still be allowed but this is one of the issues that does require classification ( along with what actually classes as a rif for example ) by the doj as to how they will interpret and enforce some areas of the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Seems to be news thats a year or two old re-hashed by some reporter
    that decided to do a story......

....unless its getting close to the time when they finally sort out retailer licenses and enforce the personal import ban (which I am dreading since
    I've one last gun to get myself before its enforced after that I wont mind the ban so much :D )

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

bullets wrote: »
    Seems to be news thats a year or two old re-hashed by some reporter
    that decided to do a story......

....unless its getting close to the time when they finally sort out retailer licenses and enforce the personal import ban (which I am dreading since
    I've one last gun to get myself before its enforced after that I wont mind the ban so much :D )

~B

Let me guess RPG?

Let me guess RPG?

Nope. Waiting on a Bren gun from a chap who builds custom guns.
    I'm on a waiting list at the moment. (And I've been waiting 6 months already)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

~B

Was wondering if you had gotten a date on that yet. If you're stuck, I'll give it a good home ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

~B
    Lemming wrote: »
    Was wondering if you had gotten a date on that yet. If you're stuck, I'll give it a good home ;-)

I think you both need to get a room and have this out - whoever walks out picks up the Bren.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I think you both need to get a room and have this out - whoever walks out picks up the Bren.

Easy. I just tell him the bren is in the room. He runs in, I close door and lock it. Then I pick up Bren.

Lemming wrote: »

I'll hold out I just have to stop myself from looking at what other goodies are
    on the shoot n scoot webpage. They have some nice stuff.

Just sent Warren a PM a few mins ago so waiting to hear back from him.
    Last Nov he reckoned 4-5 months, and Last February he reckoned at least 6 months.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Redwolf Airsoft - Visit King Arms

@ Inari
    the King Arms p90 i was talking about is at 2min along with the sig Blaser CO2 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

WE have finally released the 'open bolt' kits for their m4/m16/hk416 gbbr's....And about time too:)

http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/product_info.php/products_id/2656

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Redwolf Airsoft - Visit King Arms

@ Inari
    the King Arms p90 i was talking about is at 2min along with the sig Blaser CO2 :cool:

Am I the only one that can't view this?

MonkeyGuy wrote: »

They re-uploaded it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

They re-uploaded it :)

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

nope i can't either.

Where?

Look at their channel newest video I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

There's the re-listed one, I must have edited that post 100 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Only 114 dollars as well - what a bargain! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Thats what you get for buying such a silly gun, and wanting to put rails on it.

No problem with the gun - just the rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

No problem with the gun - just the rails.

Wanna buy an F2000 tactical rail timeshare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Not sure if this component was discussed here but saw it on Youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

ZB26 =/= Bren, sadly.

as far as i can tell the read else where there doing both

I'm dubious if its going to be a dressed up 26... the zb33 was a bren copy, but i fear it wont be 'right', just chinas 'well its close enough' aproach to some things.

we shall see.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    I'm dubious if its going to be a dressed up 26... the zb33 was a bren copy, but i fear it wont be 'right', just chinas 'well its close enough' aproach to some things.

we shall see.

to give them credit zeta have done a good job so far and process have not been that bad, and considering your only other option at the moment for a bren is a a custom job with a long long production time, even if it is not 100% correct it will still be the most practical option :)

Advertisement