Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

mafo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that part of the air (depending on the NPAS setting) escapes through the piston?.
    if its going though the piston, thats not the first design of that type... and its still a hell a lot more consistent than a drilled 'cylinder'

holed pistons arent new really, its not a bad idea, yes, two lots of air, but all the air forced out of the nozzle is forced into a 'more laminar' flow pattern, regardless of the volume actually making it out from the cylinder... its the compression that stablises it.

the problem with drilled cylinders is the uneven compression from damaged pistons, or just not enough air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Keegan wrote: »

prob won't be the AUG though, prob be like Steyr 'something'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's just a short barreled A3 with some BUS irons and some god awful foregrip rail mod. You can make any AEG look a mess by adding all sorts of railed **** on to it. You can still put the normal forgrip on there but wouldn't recommend holding it while folded up and firing, can't fold the grip up with the real short barrel AUG for Darwin award reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Interesting. Not pretty, but interesting. This will be directly competing against the likes of the P90 and MP5K, a market it could potentially dominate given it's already a proven, reliable and effective platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

As long as they release the smg conversion kit I don't give a damn what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

rite Iam on the mobile phone and cant follow the link above but are ye refering to an airsoft version of styers 9mm smg aug?

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    rite Iam on the mobile phone and cant follow the link above but are ye refering to an airsoft version of styers 9mm smg aug?

Just did a bit of research and yes it would appear to be an airsoft version of the 9mm smg, but the airsoft version is using standard aug mags.

Where did this research turn up that conclusion?

My guess, and it is just an educated guess, is this is something TM either made up quite cleverly to fill a gap in the market, or just an alternate upper being developed by Steyr in the vein of the A3 but to suit the snub-barrel users such as the navy who want standard NATO rounds in the short package but also want rails to mount night/thermal sights and flashlights.
    The former makes good business sense and the latter is long overdue.

The cries of "OMG PARA" are a tad early.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

The TM website described it as the, "Stairs "A3 9mmXS"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its an existing variant of the 9mm AUG smg, AUG para XS. The TM one hasn't yet got the 9mm magwell kit but last I heard on arnies one is under development.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Where did this research turn up that conclusion?

My guess, and it is just an educated guess, is this is something TM either made up quite cleverly to fill a gap in the market, or just an alternate upper being developed by Steyr in the vein of the A3 but to suit the snub-barrel users such as the navy who want standard NATO rounds in the short package but also want rails to mount night/thermal sights and flashlights.
    The former makes good business sense and the latter is long overdue.

The cries of "OMG PARA" are a tad early.

As Stercus said it's the 9mm AUG smg. I had a link but removed it as it was Real Steel and not sure if I was allowed put the link up.

Reference links are allowed.

I was under the impression a similar railed upper model was in development, if not production, for the snub-barrel A1/2. I've heard cries for it from various branches, for the reasons I've mentioned and assumed this was it.
    Honestly, I'd prefer it in this format, with the regular magazines. Long, straight mags are pain to get pouches for, and are often fiddly to reload quickly.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Reference links are allowed.

I was under the impression a similar railed upper model was in development, if not production, for the snub-barrel A1/2. I've heard cries for it from various branches, for the reasons I've mentioned and assumed this was it.
    Honestly, I'd prefer it in this format, with the regular magazines. Long, straight mags are pain to get pouches for, and are often fiddly to reload quickly.

As requested

http://world.guns.ru/smg/at/steyr-aug-para-e.html

That's the best of the links I found, now I've yet to find any listing of it in service etc but as stated earlier Mauri appear to be basing the new AEG off of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

On the way (in the next 3 odd years) from Ino
    FNP9-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Very nice. Don't want to think of the price tag.

Oh wow, move over P229 my old friend. Deliverance has just arrived and the balance of my next 3 pay checks by the looks of things.

why is the Co2 magazine label pointing the the tac rail?

T4RGET wrote: »
    why is the Co2 magazine label pointing the the tac rail?

Sure the steel tag is pointing at the polymer frame and the bakelite finish is pointing at the steel slide. I don't care, it looks class and it's co2, gimmy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The FN-P9 is in this year's edition of the Cybergun catalogue, so it will probably be released summer of next year, although I am still waiting for that Inokatsu 1911A1 :(

• Advertisement

Sure the steel tag is pointing at the polymer frame and the bakelite finish is pointing at the steel slide. I don't care, it looks class and it's co2, gimmy here.

didn't notice those :P just noticed the Co2 one haha nice piece from Cybergun though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

GP-AEG-EH61-2TONE.jpg
    GP-AEG-EH61-2TONE_11_MARK.jpg
    not that big into Magpul but this is nice

it looks really out of proportion or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I was thinking the same, looks much better with a scope on it tho.

I just threw up... team america, drunken Gary scene style...

That's another disgusting magpull abomination *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

MAGPUL-AEG-02-LTD_1_MARK.jpg
    hope this helps ! :)!!!!!
    or this
    MAGPUL-AEG-02-MC_1_mark_1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Firekitten wrote: »
    I just threw up... team america, drunken Gary scene style...

That's another disgusting magpull abomination *sigh*

I tend to agree with Firekitten on that is looks horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Jesus, that multicam Masada is horrible :eek:

its far greener than normal multicam, so it looks more camouflaged.... plus, it helps break up the shape so you can't SEE its a masada.... Points from me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Oh man - ehobby's gonna have to pay to clean up all this vomit - that is just wrong on every single level, I mean all the guns are wrong on every single level.

Advertisement