Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

May as well go all the way and repost that tan/green L85.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

May as well go all the way and repost that tan/green L85.

as requested !!!!
    whydave wrote: »
    WE-GBB-L85A2-DT-OC_3_MARK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

whydave wrote: »
    as requested !!!!

vomit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

'Hornbill Products' CNC Steel L85 / SA80 flash hider for G&G / Star / Ares / Army / WE and ICS AEG

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=2&manufacturerId=10&prodId=14486&cateId=0
    http://rsov.com/product.php?prodId=14148

more info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Puding wrote: »
    'Hornbill Products' CNC Steel L85 / SA80 flash hider for G&G / Star / Ares / Army / WE and ICS AEG

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=2&manufacturerId=10&prodId=14486&cateId=0
    http://rsov.com/product.php?prodId=14148

more info

Still waiting for that conversion kit for the RIS for my we L85:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

whatever ehobby are smoking i want some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Spotted this which you dont see every day!!

http://mainirishairsoft.com/_info/news.asp

"Hi Airsofters, On the 23rd of June 2011 an individual was Fined €2000 and convicted of possession of an illegal firearm in Naas district court.
    The gun was shooting at 1.3 Joules. This should be an indication of the risks people take when they order Airsoft guns from outside the country.
    Remember, buy local and insure your gun is legal, ask for proof if you are not sure."

why assume it was brought from outside of ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Chances are it was bought outside Ireland. How else realisticly would the Gardaí have found it, unless of coarse someone was stopped in their car/on person

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If the story is true, should a custodial sentence not have been handed down? Looking at 10 years as the mandatory sentence for an unlicenced firearm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

More Inokatsu handgun fun; the m1911 mk.IV series 80 pattern

COLT%2780-SSA.jpg

COLT%2780-SSB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

And you'd be right! From what I've been told it was bought in Ireland.
    However retailer is no longer trading and anyway who knows what the guy has done with it since its purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Blay wrote: »
    If the story is true, should a custodial sentence not have been handed down? Looking at 10 years as the mandatory sentence for an unlicenced firearm.

On indictment Blay. That level of fine suggests summary disposal rather than indictment - but then again it's been ages since I actually had to read any of those acts so I could be wrong (in fact, I usually am). Summary disposal would mean a lower level than indictment - it's always the indictment prosecutions that have the high mandatory sentences and catch the headlines when new laws are passed.

Also - perhaps this is an indication that 'common' sense (not so common when it comes to the law - there's a reason why the phrase "the law is an ass" is the lawyer's equivalent of "sh1t happens") prevailed.

I think Puding hit the nail on the head - I know that in my dealings with airsoft retailers I have twice been provided with an aeg that was over the limit (long since disappeared retailer - this was before I discovered the reputable suppliers here who now get my business) - on one occasion the suggestion from the store when I went back with it was that I should keep it for sites that don't chrono! That said, the potential for a hot gun to crop up has been the main reason why I don't order off the Asian websites - I know most other people here have been grand and their stuff arrives with only the usual customs taxjacking on the way in - but knowing my luck with this sort of stuff I've always reckoned I'd end up being the test case (like in the case quoted on the retailers site)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

ricka wrote: »
    who knows what the guy has done with it since its purchase

A very very good point Richard. Unless we have knowledge the points to the retailer being at fault, isn't it just as likely that it could have been that the user had made a few mods. I mean, even fitting a tightbore on an aeg very close to the limit will probably push it over - that said, 1.3j is a bit high for something other than deliberate intent or an originally hot gun when purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

bullets wrote: »
    Spotted this which you dont see every day!!

http://mainirishairsoft.com/_info/news.asp

"Hi Airsofters, On the 23rd of June 2011 an individual was Fined €2000 and convicted of possession of an illegal firearm in Naas district court.
    The gun was shooting at 1.3 Joules. This should be an indication of the risks people take when they order Airsoft guns from outside the country.
    Remember, buy local and insure your gun is legal, ask for proof if you are not sure."

Good bit of advertising, pity it has to include lies as usual.

No record of DPP vs. anyone as regards firearms on that date in the diary for the eastern circuit court. Nothing even in Dublin. Maybe they got the dates wrong because of the doppler effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

A very very good point Richard. Unless we have knowledge the points to the retailer being at fault, isn't it just as likely that it could have been that the user had made a few mods. I mean, even fitting a tightbore on an aeg very close to the limit will probably push it over - that said, 1.3j is a bit high for something other than deliberate intent or an originally hot gun when purchased.
    The vast majority of all airsoft products are sold to plinkers.
    In our Kildare shop I've had numerous people come back after buying a rifle and recount how they've made weird and wonderful changes to it.
    You do your best to convince them otherwise, however you tend to get looked at like you've got ten heads
    Unfortunately most people don't take the law serious enough, not on Airsoft anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Anyone heard anything on the KWA Kriss vector? Been looking high and low for any recent news on this but last I can find is the horrific showing at the shot how with the nasty RIS along the barrel (which looks to be the civi length 5") ?

Christmas is coming and I am looknig up ideas

I'm liking this
    12.jpg
    more goodies from KSC and others on here http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/toygunfesta2011/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

hightower1 wrote: »
    Christmas is coming and I am looknig up ideas

You're as bad as me when I was younger - its only July but when I was little I'd already have my demands written up for Santa. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    You're as bad as me when I was younger - its only July but when I was little I'd already have my demands written up for Santa. :P

lol, 26 going on 6.
    Well I am torn between a few things I want to pick up in the next few months , all gbb so hould amount to a pretty penny and if the kriss was in any way likely for winter then I know what I "have" to get now as opposed to then. Heading to the states later this year too so ....

Its sad when you realize that airsoft is now part of your yearly fiscal forecast for your accounts for the year. :o
    I pay less on ESB than I do for this stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

looks great but with all shell ejectors yet to see one with consistent performance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Good bit of advertising, pity it has to include lies as usual.

No record of DPP vs. anyone as regards firearms on that date in the diary for the eastern circuit court. Nothing even in Dublin. Maybe they got the dates wrong because of the doppler effect.

Maybe they were really high above sea level.

Maybe they were really high above sea level.

Like Mt. Everest in Wicklow.:D Still no way in this country being unintentionally .3J over due to location. Imported hot or an intentional mod is all that can account for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Like Mt. Everest in Wicklow.:D Still no way in this country being unintentionally .3J over due to location. Imported hot or an intentional mod is all that can account for that.

Or, as is the actual case, it never happened.

KWA mk23 SOCOM on it's way pretty soon
    KWA-HK-MK23-USSOCOM-USP-Gas-Blow-Back-GBB-Pistol-Pyramyd-Airsoft-Blog-01.jpg
    The preview of it is here http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com/2011/07/kwa-h-mk23-ussocom-gas-blow-back-pistol.html

About time after years of NBB versions. The o ring on the barrel is not to hold gas in as said in the link. It's replicated after the real Mk23 that has an o ring to help maintain accuracy with the barrel to frame fit after each cycle. For airsoft this comes down to nadda really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

About time after years of NBB versions.

Here here! The KSC blow back versions have probably been out of stock everywhere/discontinued since before airsoft was legal over here. Me likey :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There has been a GBB KSC and KWA mk25 prebviously, including a 'heavyweight' model for a decade now. Not the best, but still good. I think this may well be a system 7 revamp of the former, seeing as the previous incarnation's gas system was its let down.

Advertisement