Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

I'd say expect to see a good few ak variants first from WE, think that lad james alluded to as such in the vid with 'long' ak's on the way after the 74un. Then probably the p90 followed by an aug bullpup followup to the L85 and only then will they they be looking at the TAR, imho.
    They also showed a SCAR-H receiver awhile back so that can't be far away either.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Just saw this http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=30179
    umr-mk23-ps_big.jpg
    Ksc don't hang around teasing people:)
    standard ksc fare, abs outer barrel and unfortunately no sign of that assassins swtich thingy that's been talked about on here. it was probably a bit too much to expect i guess. No LAM and the mags seem propietary to the mk 23 so USP owners will have to invest again:(
    Looking forward to some reviews, hopefully they've improved the hop:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

same thing as the KWA on the previous page...

as for the switch... that was conjecture between myself and dex, not a product really... as much as it would be nice!

Magwise... well, yeah, the mk23 mag doesnt fit the usp... why would they be cross compatable? Its not a longer usp... its a whole bigger handgun.

And the only people to EVER include the silencer and fakey LAM, were tm, and STTI with a crappy silencer.

KSC/kwa never offered toys with thier gbb... tm only did because of splinter cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Firekitten wrote: »
    same thing as the KWA on the previous page...

as for the switch... that was conjecture between myself and dex, not a product really... as much as it would be nice!

Magwise... well, yeah, the mk23 mag doesnt fit the usp... why would they be cross compatable? Its not a longer usp... its a whole bigger handgun.

And the only people to EVER include the silencer and fakey LAM, were tm, and STTI with a crappy silencer.

KSC/kwa never offered toys with thier gbb... tm only did because of splinter cell.

Sam Fisher never used a mk23, your getting mixed up with Solid snake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The Mk23 is a totally different animal to anything out there. Proprietary mags, lack of suppressor or LAM unit and no closed-slide firing option are all to be expected really.
    Besides, suppressors on GBB's are redundant anyway. It'd only make sense to package one with it for aesthetics, or to compliment that switch (were it installed).
    If you really, badly needed a suppressor on it though, it's a 14CCW. Take your pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NakedDex wrote: »
    If you really, badly needed a suppressor on it though, it's a 14CCW. Take your pick.

Is it 14 for the KSC, the TM model had a 16ccw thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

hightower1 wrote: »
    I cant justify that kind of money for any sidearm when compared to the price of the likes of the kjw 229 or 226 which are very reasonably priced when quality is taken into account.

I can.
    I find the cheap ones just let you down, especially in the middle of a game. After thirty minutes of fiddling with it beforehand.
    There are just too many variables dependant on them to work, especially in our climate.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Sam Fisher never used a mk23, your getting mixed up with Solid snake. :D
    Yeah, I was, i meant metal gear solid... fisher had a waffle fetish... 5-7

As for the kjw 226 being 'good value' and 'comparable quality....

heh, no. Its just not. Decent enough? sure. But KSC gbbs are one of the very best. Them and TM rule the roost.

If you dont want to buy one, dont. But dont say its too expensive, then compare it to a cheap cloner knock off that's a poorly made copy of the TM.

Is it 14 for the KSC, the TM model had a 16ccw thread.

So I've heard anyway. The TM one was an awkward size, primarily for design reasons. It's possible they'll use the 16mm route too, but I've heard it's standard threading.

I think its because the real steel was 16mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Yarp, its a .45 after all. Anyways the KSC USP Tactical (of bearded Chis Costa Coffee fame) had a 16mm suppressor that was mental money if you wanted to have it to finish the look I'd say they'll just reuse it for the Mk23.

Yarp, its a .45 after all. Anyways the KSC USP Tactical (of bearded Chis Costa Coffee fame) had a 16mm suppressor that was mental money if you wanted to have it to finish the look I'd say they'll just reuse it for the Mk23.

A .45 is 11. something mil. So you can have 14mm threads on a .45 replica. Costa used a Smith and Wesson M&P, not a USP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

A .45 is 11. something mil..

Is that the bullet diameter? Because if so - add the barrel... :D

Is that the bullet diameter? Because if so - add the barrel... :D

Yeah still, the barrels are not that thick and the thread is external of the inner barrel diameter. Very feasible to have a 14mm thread for a .45, I think so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

As for the kjw 226 being 'good value' and 'comparable quality....

heh, no. Its just not. Decent enough? sure. But KSC gbbs are one of the very best. Them and TM rule the roost.

If you dont want to buy one, dont. But dont say its too expensive, then compare it to a cheap cloner knock off that's a poorly made copy of the TM.

Couldn't agree more.
    I've gone from KSC M9 system 7 (3 of them :), to WE M1911A1's and M1911 knighthawks to Cybergun Desert Eagle (CO2), KJW Sig P226, KJW M9A1 (CO2), Socom Gear M9A1 SOF, Socom Gear M1911 MEU, back to my KSC M9 and finally a TM PX4.

The PX4 and the KSC M9 are miles ahead of all the rest of them in terms of accuracy, magazine gas efficiency, the px4 range is ridiculously good and so far I'm extremely happy in paying the extra premium for it...

It was, yeah. KWA/KSC are clever enough to know people won't notice 2mm without a vernier and wil be more likely enticed by getting to use existing, standard thread, suppressors.
    I could be wrong on that plan though, it's just what I heard. There's a lot of random information floating around about it. This is one of the few believable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

KA-AG-67-GD_1_MARK.jpg
    WANT !!!!!
    or this
    HUDSON-MG-MK2S_MARK1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

TM PX4 magazines in stock now at airsofteire...€39.99 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    TM PX4 magazines in stock now at airsofteire...€39.99 though :(
    this might help http://www.ebairsoft.com/magazine-marui-p-4640.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

LCT airsoft seem to have released newer versions of their RPK and AIMS
    http://www.lctairsoft.com/newproduct_list.htm The RPK appears to come with the correct rear sight this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

It was, yeah. KWA/KSC are clever enough to know people won't notice 2mm without a vernier and wil be more likely enticed by getting to use existing, standard thread, suppressors.
    I could be wrong on that plan though, it's just what I heard. There's a lot of random information floating around about it. This is one of the few believable ones.

The KWA/KSC MK23 Has 16mm Clockwise Threads :/

And there are already half a dozen 16mm CW silencers available for the TM mk23.

King arms, G&P, clone, TM, take your pick.

Meh, minor issue. There are options, as FK said. There's also the option to simply tap the thread of a regular suppressor to the 16CW size. It's a fairly standard thread size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Meh, minor issue. There are options, as FK said. There's also the option to simply tap the thread of a regular suppressor to the 16CW size. It's a fairly standard thread size.

Yea I was thinking about that alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

LCT airsoft seem to have released newer versions of their RPK and AIMS
    http://www.lctairsoft.com/newproduct_list.htm The RPK appears to come with the correct rear sight this time.

I picked up one of the AIMS last weekend - I think it's the new version (I've checked against the 'new' version on their site and it appears to be the same, and the test sheet shows it was produced about four weeks ago, so I guess it must be).

Absolute legend of an aeg:
    scaled.php?server=15&filename=julystuff015.jpg&res=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.
    I've gone from KSC M9 system 7 (3 of them :), to WE M1911A1's and M1911 knighthawks to Cybergun Desert Eagle (CO2), KJW Sig P226, KJW M9A1 (CO2), Socom Gear M9A1 SOF, Socom Gear M1911 MEU, back to my KSC M9 and finally a TM PX4.

The PX4 and the KSC M9 are miles ahead of all the rest of them in terms of accuracy, magazine gas efficiency, the px4 range is ridiculously good and so far I'm extremely happy in paying the extra premium for it...
    Yep was out with my px4 shooting out of the box and it was ranging equal to my ca scar light which has a great range itself, its a rather terrific pistol, have a tm meu, hicapa and detonics they are absolutely great. The detonics is a real surprise for something that small its range is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Aldi will have Fishing Bags (handy for gear, black & dark green, 32x20x30cm) on sale next Sunday, 7th August, for 13 quid.

Neoprene gloves, camo or green, 6 quid.
    LED Fishing caps, camo or green, 6 quid.
    Also boots, socks & headlamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sat-variable-velocity-device-vvd.html

SAT-VVD01_1_mark.jpg

While this may be a good solution for those who travel overseas alot to play, guarantee someone will use it to circumvent the chronoeing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Its no different really than a quick change spring system (such as on the G&G F2000 and M249). That's were random chronoing comes into play during the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

J.D.R wrote: »

Quick Overview...
    SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)
    -- Polymer Piston, Steel Full Teeth, Metal Piston Head and Metal Adjustment tool
    -- Design for adjust the FPS without opening the gearbox.
    -- For Version 2 / 3 Gear Box (Exception: Next Gen AEG, PSG1, Extended Cylinder)
    -- Black Color Piston / Red Color Tool and Piston Head

followed by question and confusion......If I don't open the gearbox, how am I going to get the blasted thing to work?:confused::confused::p:p

Advertisement