Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

sci-ops wrote: »
    Quick Overview...
    SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)
    -- Polymer Piston, Steel Full Teeth, Metal Piston Head and Metal Adjustment tool
    -- Design for adjust the FPS without opening the gearbox.
    -- For Version 2 / 3 Gear Box (Exception: Next Gen AEG, PSG1, Extended Cylinder)
    -- Black Color Piston / Red Color Tool and Piston Head

followed by question and confusion......If I don't open the gearbox, how am I going to get the blasted thing to work?:confused::confused::p:p

By sticking your long tool down your barrel - thus scratching the **** out of it - me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I was thinking that, especially the Madbull black pythons. Could just split the receiver (say on a m4) and do it directly into the nozzle. Would be handy for playing abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

So it's the same as that RA-Tech thing someone posted a few pages back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

TNTQ wrote: »
    By sticking your long tool down your barrel - thus scratching the **** out of it - me thinks

Massive amount of inappropriate jokes are massively inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

TNTQ wrote: »

hmmm, yes i would have assumed that....thanks for the input.

Maybe I was a little too subtle in the original post, so I'll rephrase, How do you get a piston into a gearbox without opening it in the first place?
    Building on that, if you can or are comfortable enough opening a gearbox, why would you be bothered putting this in, when you can always do a spring change for those "I'm in Berget moments", which would surely be better, not only in terms of consistency, but also for your barell, hop rubber, air nozzle etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Much easier to whack one of these onto the end of yer barrel,
    other manufactures other than TM make these things now, and they
    have the advantage of being able to take them off and use on a different gun
    without opening anything!!!
    (airsoftguns.ie had them instore a while back (non TM version) )
    TM-ACC-Vel-red.JPG

(I've no idea if they effect accuracy in a negative way having it stuck at the end of an outer barrel)

EDIT: of course these things only work to decrease yer fps. which leads to all sorts of questions
    about sticking the SAT thingy into yer gearbox thats capable to fire over the limit with the twist of a screw
    how its any different that having an aeg that fires over the limit with hop-up off but under when you turn a screw and
    turn the hop-up on fully.
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

these devices from tm are pretty much banned at most events due to there unreliability, they reply on friction causing the bb to slow down also reducing the effect of hop up

sci-ops wrote: »
    Building on that, if you can or are comfortable enough opening a gearbox, why would you be bothered putting this in, when you can always do a spring change for those "I'm in Berget moments", which would surely be better, not only in terms of consistency, but also for your barell, hop rubber, air nozzle etc.

They're not designed for this market, where what you mention above makes more sense than installing this device (or the original RA-Tech version). They're designed for markets like the US, where site limits can vary wildly and environmental conditions can have huge effect on the device. In a country where your local indoor, air conditioned site may enforce a strict 1J limit, but your outdoor haunt is - for example - 1000ft above sea level, with an average temp of 28C and 15% humidity has a 2.5J limit, this devices essentially renders the need for multiple AEG's to be a luxury rather than necessity.
    It's an ingenious piece of equipment (or, rather, the original version it cloned was), but it's not targeted at strict countries with set limits like ours or the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

bullets wrote: »
    Much easier to whack one of these onto the end of yer barrel,
    other manufactures other than TM make these things now, and they
    have the advantage of being able to take them off and use on a different gun
    without opening anything!!!
    (airsoftguns.ie had them instore a while back (non TM version) )

(I've no idea if they effect accuracy in a negative way having it stuck at the end of an outer barrel)

EDIT: of course these things only work to decrease yer fps. which leads to all sorts of questions
    about sticking the SAT thingy into yer gearbox thats capable to fire over the limit with the twist of a screw
    how its any different that having an aeg that fires over the limit with hop-up off but under when you turn a screw and
    turn the hop-up on fully.
    ~B
    Those work SOMETIMES in semi auto (wildly inconsistent) And pretty much DONT work on auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

can you buy the piston on its own or do have to fork out 100 dollars every time and have a collection of the tools?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

new socomgear gemtech oasis gas nbb pistol, available in the next few weeks
    f8f911f5d7acad4afdcc6f8ba2f1bb63.image.750x375.jpg

That's as ugly as sin and I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭walther

Horse84 wrote: »
    new socomgear gemtech oasis gas nbb pistol, available in the next few weeks
    f8f911f5d7acad4afdcc6f8ba2f1bb63.image.750x375.jpg

Will it be an upgraded KJW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Balls, NBB - typical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Inari wrote: »
    Balls, NBB - typical :(

Don't care Kev - still want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Don't care Kev - still want!!

To me it is just more of the same. The KJW variant is dirt cheap (circa €50), and is a pretty darn good pistol. You can make a silenced outer barrel very easily, in about 10 minutes.

This is like yet another M4 variant. If it was blowback, it would be something new and interesting...but it looks like more of the same. Yes, it is an extremely nice looking pistol...but for me, it has now lost all interest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Hope the trigger pull is lighter on it than the KJW, you could pick that up by the trigger and it wouldn't go off:pac: Part and parcel of nbb's I suppose.

Aye, the trigger pull is nasty, and really messes with your groupings. I've had people completely unable to fire the gun cause of its insanely hard pull. The magazine design on the new one looks identical to the old KJW, which means it'll probably be based on the Marushin design

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

after being on the business end of ''tank'' I want one of these :
    SHI-GDLH-AT4_1_mark.jpg
    you can get them here

I've actually been after one of these for a while. Pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

airsoftkings.ie has something similiar €349..anyone ordered from these before?

http://airsoftkings.ie/shop/product.php?id_product=180

180-120-thickbox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

could probally make one out of plastic sewer piping, krylon it green and stick a simple mechanism in to push the button on the back of the M203.

Use to use the left over piping back home as a kid to launch bottle rockets more accuratly at stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

sure strikearms have their own mortar thats basically a bit of pipe with a base and a pin on the bottom that you just drop 203's onto.Plus its only like €40-€60

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

goblin59 wrote: »
    could probally make one out of plastic sewer piping, krylon it green and stick a simple mechanism in to push the button on the back of the M203.

Use to use the left over piping back home as a kid to launch bottle rockets more accuratly at stuff.

been there, done that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

thermo wrote: »
    been there, done that! ;)

Pics or gtfo

J.D.R wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo

its in my parents house, on loan to the brother. so no pics avalible at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Saw this on UnCompany ''Quality Power SA58 OSW AEG '' un code :30295. Price US$ 189.00
    qp-sa58-ris-aeg_big.jpg

Want !!!!

• Advertisement

+1

Advertisement