Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I hope so Mike, but I remain to be convinced. I own a pre-Umarex fascist KSC USP and the trades are significantly less (for want of a better word) shíte than on the Umarex licensed versions I've seen - they do have a thing about their ego trades - nearly as bad as Ceeeeebergun.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

I hope so Mike, but I remain to be convinced. I own a pre-Umarex fascist KSC USP and the trades are significantly less (for want of a better word) shíte than on the Umarex licensed versions I've seen - they do have a thing about their ego trades - nearly as bad as Ceeeeebergun.

Not to forget ASG!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Horse84 wrote: »
    Yea absolutely shocking alright, the blog does state that it's just a pre production model and it's not finalised so hopefully to christ they won't be that bad when they release it...:rolleyes:

It's been on everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

What worries me is that on the picture they look engraved. I have 2 USPs and the one I bought this year has the Umarex crap on it. But it's only printed on, so a black permanent marker took care of it (needs touching up every few months but not really a problem)

Something cut into the body will be more annoying and difficult to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Puding wrote: »
    It's been on everything else

i know that chris, i own several myself just nowhere near that bad, jes this has got more words on it than on an 8 year old's english text book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

sliabh wrote: »
    What worries me is that on the picture they look engraved. I have 2 USPs and the one I bought this year has the Umarex crap on it. But it's only printed on, so a black permanent marker took care of it (needs touching up every few months but not really a problem)

Something cut into the body will be more annoying and difficult to remove.

FireKitten did a home-brew job on her Sig to remove the rails to represent the non-railed version by using the modelling putty available from Games Workshop (aka the 'green crap'). It's fairly sturdy once hardened, so again would need touched up once in a while but might be an option for engraved umarex defacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Lemming wrote: »
    putty available from Games Workshop (aka the 'green crap'). It's fairly sturdy once hardened, so again would need touched up once in a while but might be an option for engraved umarex defacement?

Always get the urge to taste green stuff it keeps reminding me of apple sweets.
    (warhammer jelly babies yum yum)
    Milliput is also great stuff for custom jobs like this and comes in black.
    http://www.milliput.com/home.htm

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

FireKitten did a home-brew job on her Sig to remove the rails to represent the non-railed version by using the modelling putty available from Games Workshop (aka the 'green crap'). It's fairly sturdy once hardened, so again would need touched up once in a while but might be an option for engraved umarex defacement?
    Must bear that in mind. I am in the middle of a heated debate with myself about buying a VFC 416, and I know Umarex had insisted on vandalising one side of the mag well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

bullets wrote: »
    Always get the urge to taste green stuff it keeps reminding me of apple sweets.
    (warhammer jelly babies yum yum)

Damn you bullets ... damn you ... I've got cravings for jelly babies now :pac:

sliabh wrote: »
    Must bear that in mind. I am in the middle of a heated debate with myself about buying a VFC 416, and I know Umarex had insisted on vandalising one side of the mag well.

They're actually not that vandalised Seamus - the markings aren't tipex bright and look consistent to the real steel markings on the mag well and receiver. VFC seem to have taken a stand on the umarex markings - the same holds true for the GBB MP5 and GBB G36 by VFC - there are umarex-bítch markings on there but they're subdued.

Way to go VFC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The Green Stuff is two-part of epoxy resiin. It's strong enough when set, but it'd be an unmerciful pain to use to fill such small etchings. Hysol would be a much better option, as it's basically a two part liquid resin. Viscous enough to neatly work with, but should flow nicely into stallings and narrow engravings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Just saw this over at the red alliance forums. Apparently Zeta Labs are bringing out a VAL and VSS http://gunsmithbaton.militaryblog.jp/e251014.html

Just saw this over at the red alliance forums. Apparently Zeta Labs are bringing out a VAL and VSS http://gunsmithbaton.militaryblog.jp/e251014.html

give me know!!

but i have been disappointed to may times already so wil not hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

I'm not familiar with the brand. Any idea what the usual price point is on their stuff? If it's in the

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

At Last :) happy days. Now how much would I get for my soul
    as sure as hell could not afford both a VAL and VSS.

~B

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the brand. Any idea what the usual price point is on their stuff? If it's in the
    Price for their Mosin Nagant is around [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$369. That being said they recently became part of Ares so hopefully that will have an effect of keeping the price down. [/FONT]

or price going up..... :) but yes i imagine it will 100% be distributed thought ares considering they picked up the whole company

then again the only other option is a 1500usd custom model using real steel parts

or price going up..... :) but yes i imagine it will 100% be distributed thought ares considering they picked up the whole company

then again the only other option is a 1500usd custom model using real steel parts

Airsoft being airsoft that is just as likely Puding. Good point about the alternatives. I just hope they don't fill it full of proprietary parts.

well the custom ones i;ve seen have used stock v3 gearboxs and hop up, i would image they will run with that, battery will be in the silencer

looks like val in November and vss in December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

More prototype pics of the ATP, TKV-33, and H&K 45 from kwa complete with umarex goodiness....
    image300.png
    image301.png
    image302.png
    image304.png
    image305.png

• Advertisement

val on airsoftpanda 475usd pre order

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/2635
    •Manufacturer: Zeta-Lab Product
    •Full metal Accuracy AEG w/ realistic markings
    •Foldable Steel Stock can release by one click
    •Battery may install in the handguard
    •7mm metal Bushing gearbox
    •Zeta-Lab 6.03mm Precision Barrel 407mm installed
    •One piece outer barrel
    •9 X 39 mm style Polymer Plum Magazine ( 100rds ) is included
    •Secret weapon of Russia Spetsnaz
    •Made in Hong Kong

Oh sweet jebus...
    I thought the tokarev above was enough want for one day ... but apparently not!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

HNNNGGGGHHH!!! SO MUCH WANT!!! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

torch and grip look a wee bit pants though, hope its not for the battery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    torch and grip look a wee bit pants though, hope its not for the battery :rolleyes:

dont jinx it!

tonyj_mc wrote: »

that picture is of a real val not the airsoft replica, the battery is in the handguard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

The Umarex essay looks a little less obvious/intrusive than the still pics shown further up the thread, perhaps that's only a KWA USA feature though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

The recoil engine looks interesting but I'm guessing the payoff for more realism is that it chews the battery. However, the biggest disappointment for me is that the cut-off feature will only work with proprietary KWA mags and not standard mags as the early info on this AEG technology suggested. Fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

that picture is of a real val not the airsoft replica, the battery is in the handguard

I really really hope so, tis one of my fav guns ever, although do prefer the wooden stocked version but can see me putting a pre order on this soon:D

• Advertisement

i might hold off , infor fromr ed alliance
    Val in January, VSS around Easter...directly from Zeta Labs president

Advertisement