Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just for the record, I bought a KJW Ruger Mk1 from an Irish retailer (GoTactical in Bray) - it cost me €50. I just checked on EhobbyAsia there, and it would cost me €53 for the pistol posted excluding VAT - that means it'd be €66.

...Just thought I would toss that one out there :D

The Ruger .22 is a great pistol, but I still can't believe they went with yet another NBB variant :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

stigmau5 wrote: »

Horrible :P why are all these sh1te tacky plastic conversion kits so sought after :confused: Magpul FPG! sorted:cool:

Inari wrote: »
    Just for the record, I bought a KJW Ruger Mk1 from an Irish retailer (GoTactical in Bray) - it cost me €50. I just checked on EhobbyAsia there, and it would cost me €53 for the pistol posted excluding VAT - that means it'd be €66.

...Just thought I would toss that one out there :D

The Ruger .22 is a great pistol, but I still can't believe they went with yet another NBB variant :(

Fair point but We're talking about a Socom Gear x Gemtech Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Horrible :P why are all these sh1te tacky plastic conversion kits so sought after :confused: Magpul FPG! sorted:cool:

You mean the FPG that's a plastic conversion kit for a Glock which does nothing but make the Glock it holds impractically large and cumbersome? That FPG?

Conversion kits have been around a while, but the FPG is basically the reason why there's so many more now. They may not all have folding stocks, but they are all about 150 smackers less expensive.
    Personally, those conversions aren't for me. I briefly considered getting an FPG specifically for use as a prop in something else I do, but the price just made it a bad idea. What I would say is that these cheaper ones are actually more practical than the FPG, when you consider the FPG's only unique point over one of them is the fact that it folds up, and being folded up is about as useful as a grenade without bb's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

NakedDex wrote: »
    You mean the FPG that's a plastic conversion kit for a Glock which does nothing but make the Glock it holds impractically large and cumbersome? That FPG?

Conversion kits have been around a while, but the FPG is basically the reason why there's so many more now. They may not all have folding stocks, but they are all about 150 smackers less expensive.
    Personally, those conversions aren't for me. I briefly considered getting an FPG specifically for use as a prop in something else I do, but the price just made it a bad idea. What I would say is that these cheaper ones are actually more practical than the FPG, when you consider the FPG's only unique point over one of them is the fact that it folds up, and being folded up is about as useful as a grenade without bb's.

a lot of sites dont le you put bbs in grenades fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    a lot of sites dont le you put bbs in thunder b grenades fyi

FYP;) many grenades, such as tornados and zoxnas, are designed for launching BBs. Regardless I reckon Dex meant M203 shower shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

40mm or hand. Any grenade without projectile ejection is pretty pointless. I could emulate the noise with an inflated paper bag, and I've caused as much disruption in the past by throwing a empty magazine into a room as a Thunder B would ever cause.

As for sites not letting you put bb's inside a Thunder B, well that would be because they're not designed for that. It doesn't stop you from using the aforementioned Tornadoes and Zoxnas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tbh most phyros i've use do not have any projectiles or do not use the projectiles to indicate a hit and never really had an issue with it

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

I'm pretty sure we're after going off on a needless tangeant here...

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we're after going off on a needless tangeant here...

*sigh* typical :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Let's talk about the word typical now, shall we?! :D

typ·i·cal
    adjective /ˈtipikəl/ 

Having the distinctive qualities of a particular type of person or thing
    - a typical day
    - a typical example of 1930s art deco
    - typical symptoms

Characteristic of a particular person or thing
    - he brushed the incident aside with typical good humor

Showing the characteristics expected of or popularly associated with a particular person, situation, or thing
    - “Typical woman!” John said disapprovingly

Representative as a symbol; symbolic
    - the pit is typical of hell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Let's talk about the word typical now, shall we?! :D
    or maybe airsoft news??

http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-worrior-neoprene-hard-foam-mask-p-4767.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

thermo wrote: »

Is that a typo or did they mean to spell "Warrior"
    as "Worrior" ?

TBH I would just rather wear a mesh facemask. Can feel my self sweating already just looking at it. :P

That reminds me of predator :D

- “Typical woman!” John said disapprovingly

That's all I got out of that whole post. "This SaNdwiCh Am nOt OptiMiZED"

I was wondering how long we could go before a mod would step in, was expecting a slap on the wrist, but that thing is coo-wool.

That's all I got out of that whole post. "This SaNdwiCh Am nOt OptiMiZED"

hah:confused:

That was a continuation of what John was saying about "Typical women" he is a SniPer.

I'm sure you could drill some more holes in that thing if you needed.

Looks fair good :) would like to get my hands on one to see how it compares to the Ares model :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Puding wrote: »

I'm going to assume its spring only , not with the swappable bolt / cylinder ???

horgan_p wrote: »
    I'm going to assume its spring only , not with the swappable bolt / cylinder ???

afraid so

well that was expected was'nt it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

well that was expected was'nt it?

A girl can dream can't she ?

horgan_p wrote: »
    A girl can dream can't she ?

sorry to be cold about it but the ares model (with swappable bolts) is well over 2k last i heard and this model being 500+/- then I figured it was only going to be one or the other although I will admit at that price i was expecting at keast a gas system :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Try £1200, And firstly, the gas bolt, is a bit useless anyway, spring for sniper rifles is far more useful, and easy to get 'right', few makers have done gas right.
    Secondly, you're getting a HELL of a lot of gun for the price, I love how everyone screams and screams for a clone, because they apparently like a gun enough to want to buy it, but... well not for the ACTUAL gun's price. Lets make airsoft guns free, that might satisfy some, just. but they'd want free repair cover too... its only fair.
    Righto, I'm off to see this movie I really like, but, i dont want to pay for it, I think I'll get a knockoff for free on youtube.
    R&D costs money, options cost money, want the awesome gun? it costs money. Airsoft isn't cheap, and its never going to be, not everyone can have a modern warfare armoury for 50p.

While Your absolutely rite in what you say FK IT is € we're talking here and with exchange rate, 21%VAT etc its pretty close to €2,500 for us :D and yes Iam sick of seeing adverts saying 'I want this and I'am willing to pay pittance for it' :mad: verry unrealistic but I guess tis just the times we're in :) hell I had hoped to expand my armory to with a custom build iam starting but the bill keeps climbing and climbing and now i have to make room (so to speak) and trade in my other two rifles :( oh woe is me....

erm, your maths sucks. a LOT.

Buying from say, the UK, would not incur import duty, simply conversion... so perhaps, at worst, 1300.

This is the biggest steaming pile of semantics ever. *apathetic*

ah well I was looking at importing from further abroad :D

• Advertisement

Okay then...

Advertisement