Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Thats a bit of a problem alrite :( was hopeing to get my hands on an Umerex HK USP Match which according to redwolf airsoft shoots, on green gas, at 350+fps! Guess I wont be getting one of those then :pac:

I don't how they are rated that high myself. Ehobby says 370fps. Yet a KSC USP.45 and the Tactical fire at ~310fps on green. I know the Match has a slightly longer barrel but a 60-80 fps difference for about 20mm extra barrel length.:confused: Unless it has a higher gas flow valve fitted for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

yeah couldnt understand it either :confused: and it uses the same mag (like the other two) with a different base plate (like the compact or tactical as you say) maybe they ran it on red gas with .12g or sumit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'd say that's a temp issue with green gas ... I use the KSC full size USP and there's no way that ever shoots above 300 fps with green gas. FPS ratings for Hong Kong in humid hot weather are always going to be higher than Ireland in 15/16 degrees.

Yeah but the basic and compact model come in under 328 while the match comes in at an average of 380! theres way more then temperature at play here :O

Yeah but the basic and compact model come in under 328 while the match comes in at an average of 380! theres way more then temperature at play here :O

You should compare the standard USP .45 to the Match model, the Compact is way smaller and not a fair comparison. A USP.45 has a 40mm shorter barrel than the Match. The Compact is around 60mm shorter than the Match barrel. Two Compact barrels are just a tad longer than a single Match barrel.

Either way my Compact fires around 270-280fps and the standard USP.45 at 290-300fps, that the System 7 versions. That would be a summers day at around 16 degrees.

• Advertisement

regardless of the size captain Chaos there is obviously more then temp or 40mm of variation at play:
    Compact average over ten shots: 290fps
    Standard average over ten shots: 310fps
    Match average over ten shots: 380FPS!!!!!!!

Lets factor in the barrel length and the temp they likely accont for 37fps what about the extra 43fps???

And yes the are system 7 and why do you keep comparing it your KSC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Like it or not, it is the barrel length and temperature. It is not a convoluted and complex problem.

In gas systems, the longer the barrel, the more time the BB has to accelerate and thus the output is greater. When the ambient temperature is higher, the pressure of the gas in the magazine is greater, which increases the power output of the gun.

It's not rocket science, it really is that simple.

KJW Sig P226 fires at approx 0.85J in typical Irish weather, whereas the P229 will fire at 0.75J in the same conditions. Exactly the same gas system - in fact you can use exactly the same magazine, and port over ALL the parts bar the barrel and slide, and you'll still get the same result.

Well would the match be legal in Ireland or not? Or do I have to pay $250+ for the japan version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The other factor is altitude. The barometric pressure difference of an average day in HK is wildly different to here. Different atmospheric pressure at different altitudes in different humidities with different gas pressures on different pistols using different barrels means... who knows?
    GBB test results are guidelines. Until someone either chances it and finds out first hand, or the manufacturers start to test in calibrated conditions, then trying to figure out the output of a GBB in our climate by looking at test results from HK sites is guesswork based on experience and comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't duster gas somewhat the same as 134A? I seem to remember airsoft innovations releasing an adapter years ago (although there is also a very simple DIY version :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I've seen one of the ksc system 7 matches over this way. 380? unlikely. 320ish is more likely in our climate, and about what it does crono. The match has only got perhaps an inch on the standard,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

I have the ksc match. Said on the uncompany site it shoots legal whereas it actually shoots 375-380. Couldnt find a valve to reduce it so it's fitted with an npas now. lovely gun and my current go to pistol
    Also 134a wont cycle the slide properly

regardless of the size captain Chaos there is obviously more then temp or 40mm of variation at play:

And yes the are system 7 and why do you keep comparing it your KSC?

Because they are they same thing and in our real world conditions , not HK as already stated by other posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭walther

lperrozzi wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't duster gas somewhat the same as 134A? I seem to remember airsoft innovations releasing an adapter years ago (although there is also a very simple DIY version :)).

Does the duster gas here the same as 134A?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Yes to the best of my knowledge it's the same as 134A, just without a lubricant added.
    (similar to propane vs. green gas)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

came across this today, looks like something you'd bounce off a hard surface at a night game. Is it just for non railed rifles?

Vfclight.jpg

Well it appears to be atached via rail in the pick so no :confused:
    Also whats with head-phone sockets on the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

prety sure its a replica based on the laser unit the British army are using

Headphone socket is prob for a wired remote similar to PEQ remotes

top one is visable laser i think and bottom one i'd imagine is IR maybe

example of one in use
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/5852944293/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Replica LLM.... WANT :D

LLM stands for Laser Light Module. Its a combi IR, VIS, and Torch, like the insight x6.

German made originally iirc, but we use them as standard now.

The headphone stocket, will be for plugging your tape switch / pressure switch in. the 3.5mm and 2.5mm jacks are useful hardy connectors... as evidenced on headphones, they are idiotproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

looks like a decent bulb too, compared to the PEQ box versions iv seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

In fairness though the rs is designed as a laser designator and the airsoft copies have just shoehorned in an led light source.

The llm (thanks firekitten) was designed to be a light and laser combo. If the price is decent might just have to pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tbh all bulbs from vfc have been so so ( peq and m3x v1911 ) but that is not really what you buy it for :) but the others have been compatible with 3rd party cree bulbs so not really an issue

was interested in the element version before they got into trouble with the police in china ( although it would not suprise me if this actually a result of that )

the bits that look like jakes at the from are just the hols for the visible and ir laser in the real one

but will defiantly be picking one up to use with my l85 and g36k

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

nother photo of it.

VFClight10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Was looking around on Evike.com as I seen this MOSFET and it seems very intresting. Just wondering if anyone ever seen one of these before.

burstavocado.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Another one of those pieces of ****e...

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Another one of those pieces of ****e...

Did you ever see one or hear something bad about it as I was thinking of getting one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Seen some of them and found them shíte, burnt out, wasted batteries, caused lockups, etc, etc, etc.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Seen some of them and found them shíte, burnt out, wasted batteries, caused lockups, etc, etc, etc.

Well I'll be keeping away from them, thanks Leftyflip. You don't know any good websites that sells reliable MOSFETS for a cheap price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well I'll be keeping away from them, thanks Leftyflip. You don't know any good websites that sells reliable MOSFETS for a cheap price?

The lads at AWOL are good with upgrade parts. http://tntquality.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11_99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Advanded warfare systems (AWS) airsoft

Linky.

Edit: looks like you'll need to go via a retailer as they've stopped selling direct to customers due to demand.

Advertisement