Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Firekitten wrote: »
    So if the ares one was on here before, this HASNT been on here before... as its not the Ares one... logic?

the grease gun i was on about

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

stigmau5 wrote: »
    So if the ares one was on here before, this HASNT been on here before... as its not the Ares one... logic?

the grease gun i was on about
    Thought that was fairly obvious myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You still sore that I disagreed with you about the facebook code leak Alan.b? the attempt at a snide dig is cute, but too obvious. Better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

Great airsoft news :cool:

chris20 wrote: »
    Great airsoft news :cool:
    Most useful comment of the year award.

Does not go to you.

• Advertisement

Still more useful than the handbag fight in the last few pages to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

chris20 wrote: »
    Still more useful than the handbag fight in the last few pages to be honest
    While I abhor roving so far off topic. Only one person has thrown thier toys out of the pram. That person was not me. The person tried to continue the fight on this page, That person has been reported. I have no time for such banal rubbish. We need to get back on topic.

With regards to the ICS M3. Yes, it does look promising. The battery placement is a significant improvement. I don't feel personally the Ares was skirmishable in that format.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Can wee keep it this way instead - if you've nothing constructive to say, then just don't say anything? Imagine that - a nice few pages of news... Wouldn't that be lovely...

• Advertisement

Inokatsu FN-P9FNP9-350x350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I know it's news but all this is about 3 month old news already discussed on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

PDR looks savage :D it'l probbably retail at $400+ knowing magpul

You still sore that I disagreed with you about the facebook code leak Alan.b? the attempt at a snide dig is cute, but too obvious. Better luck next time.

Ha. Not at all. If I wanted tolet you know I didn't like you, it would be a lot more direct . I ave no idea who you are so dont feel so hard done by.

Take it for face value, nothing more.

I agree with ya on the gun though. I can't see a reason why anyone would buy the ares version with this on the market. Unless they love to burn through money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Alan b. wrote: »
    Ha. Not at all. If I wanted tolet you know I didn't like you, it would be a lot more direct . I ave no idea who you are so dont feel so hard done by.

I agree with ya on the gun though. I can't see a reason why anyone would buy the ares version with this on the market. Unless they love to burn through money.

They Are Called Collectors Ares Is A Much More Of A Looker Has Better Externals Great For A Wall Hanger

They Are Called Collectors Ares Is A Much More Of A Looker Has Better Externals Great For A Wall Hanger

Haven't seen either up close so can't really comment. Are they that differant?
    I know the ares uses mag batteries to keep the slim body, but is the new one much larger or did they figure something else out o solve that issue?

I know the ares uses mag batteries to keep the slim body, but is the new one much larger or did they figure something else out o solve that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Ares Is More True To The Real Steal Looks Nicer Too

I thinkthis is better as its far more usable and cost effective the ares model is really a wall hanger and nothing more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

am i the only one that actually find the whole battery in the mag thing interesting and could see some potential especially for some future replicas with limited internal room

• Advertisement

apperently so i certainly dont like the idea of having to get ten batteries for the sake of one gun let alone a days skirmishing and I say ten because its a nice even number of mags that I personally like to carry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Puding wrote: »
    am i the only one that actually find the whole battery in the mag thing interesting and could see some potential especially for some future replicas with limited internal room

I agree. However, I think they missed an opportunity by not releasing a 'Skirmish' mag for the gun i.e. a magazine used as battery storage, but hollow for a channel to the hop up chamber, allowing you to use thinner mags within the mag. It'd have to clip onto the bottom of the battery mag, but I could see that being a far more ingenious idea, albeit less realistic.

PS: Batteries in mag...not as expensive as GBBRs can get lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Inari wrote: »
    I agree. However, I think they missed an opportunity by not releasing a 'Skirmish' mag for the gun i.e. a magazine used as battery storage, but hollow for a channel to the hop up chamber, allowing you to use thinner mags within the mag. It'd have to clip onto the bottom of the battery mag, but I could see that being a far more ingenious idea, albeit less realistic.

tbh that is originally what i though the design was ( similar to the tm aeps ) , you sacrifice some realism but as you say if you offered both at least you would have the option

Inari wrote: »

true but still a pain in the arse and gbbr mags are worth the price a few segonds filling em with gas and your good to go the electricity bill from charging so many stick type batterys for one gun..... Just wouldnt be able to justify it myself :) although that said if I were to get into WWII airsoft i would go with Zeta labs MG 42 when its released as non of the other variouse aeg an gbb replicas tickle my fancy well maybe the stg/mp 44 :D

Puding wrote: »
    I think the idea has potential for unusual guns, but not something that should spread to the likes of m4s or aks aswell.

It would help if the battery was a drop in one that wasn't inside the mag, but dropped into an open compartment so could be easily interchanged under fire so you wouldn't need one for every mag.

Inari got there before me, internet connection stalled.
    That's an even better way of doing it.

you mean like a phone battery that just clicks into place? that probbably wouldnt be too hard to do sure you could put the craddle for one in a hand gaurd or peq box :D hmmm the cogs are turning although there is probbably good reason why I havent heard or seen this anywhere alse :confused:

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    you mean like a phone battery that just clicks into place? that probbably wouldnt be too hard to do sure you could put the craddle for one in a hand gaurd or peq box :D hmmm the cogs are turning although there is probbably good reason why I havent heard or seen this anywhere alse :confused:

Yeah, like a phone, the battery being designed the same way, no plugs, but sprung connectors in the magwell so it only takes seconds to pull out, drop into the new mag, and slap the mag into the gun.

i still think batteries in mags is a tad stupid but if your using a really thin lip with no wiring then you can put it somewhere more practical like in a receiver or handgaurd and for the more up to date guns in a nice little peq box :)

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    i still think batteries in mags is a tad stupid but if your using a really thin lip with no wiring then you can put it somewhere more practical like in a receiver or handgaurd and for the more up to date guns in a nice little peq box :)
    To be fair, most modern guns aren't going to be short on space.
    It's the older type that need this type of solution.

• Advertisement

true but for the likes of m4's with DD rails that hug the barrels and have those magpul stocks that are just awkward for batteries of any kind is what I was thinking of also i just like the idea of the battery not having a wire :) although Iam sure that it will have to be more powerfull then the regular phone battery which is somewhere between 1.2-3.4v :D but I could be wrong

Advertisement