Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    also i saw that inokatsu fn p9 a few pages back
    anyone know anything about how dear its gonna be?

Expensive. Considering the cost of the P226 kit, many pennies; you're looking upwards of €500 probably but that's an educated guess without paying closer attention to the P9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/2684?osCsid=m6lhsbcup8nrk65eqqsdvma0b5

a&k released an svd bipod, considering the hex version is no longer about this is a good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

DICEMAN7 wrote: »

What retailer would anyone recommend to use to get this in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

heres a better deal and Airsoft Buddy are very good to deal with http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=1036

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

airsoftguns.ie are fairly quick I would recomend them any day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Don't know it anybody noticed or posted this yet, apologies if they have, however it appears there is an affordable, too a certain extent, SVD now on the market.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sandt-svd-aeg-real-wood.html

not bad not mad about the stocks colour

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    not bad not mad about the stocks colour

Sand paper and your own personal stain always solves that issue :)

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    Sand paper and your own personal stain always solves that issue :)

true :) Ive never heard of S&T are they new on the scene or have they made other pieces before

• Advertisement

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    true :) Ive never heard of S&T are they new on the scene or have they made other pieces before

I was thinking the same when I saw it. However APS came out new to the scene and their AK models are pretty good quality from what I have seen and heard, so it could be something along that line of brands

vfc MP5 SD, know this is the gbb i have been waiting for
    Today the VegaForceCompany (short VFC) published 4 new photos of upcoming products that are going to be very exciting! First of all (maybe the most interesting news) they announced the new VFC HK MP5 SD GBB series, including the MP5 SDA2 (SD2) and MP5 SDA3 (SD3)! Moreover a new XCR MINI AEG, the HK 416D (GBB & AEG) and of course the ASW338 LM (Bolt Action) will be available from VFC in the near future. However no further details have been published so far, but A2D will keep you up-to-date!

Visit: www.gb-tech.com.tw

By http://www.airsoft2day.com - World Airsoft News - Read full article: http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/453-vfc-hk-mp5-sd-series-and-more.html#ixzz1ZHRNnXfM

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/453-vfc-hk-mp5-sd-series-and-more.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Wonder will it be "hot" like the VFC MP5A2? Can an NPAS kit be got for these?

stigmau5 wrote: »

This is why Umarex should be told to bugger off and leave airsoft alone;

picture.php?albumid=1292&pictureid=10713

That's ridiculous ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

That's genuinely disgusting.

NakedDex wrote: »
    That's genuinely disgusting.

What? the red barrel stub or the umarex writing? or a general distaste for the USP family? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

As an owner of two fine USP's, I assure you it is the former two, rather than the latter. The red barrel is fairly turgid, however it's a US thing so I sleep soundly knowing that's not a crevase I'll have to cross.

The Umarex script though... I heard rumours, but had no idea it was so blatantly offensive. Even a pacifist hippy Maud Flanders would consider that too far.
    It's like the airsoft equivalent of Jedward; loud, obnoxious and thoroughly degrades anything it touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Lemming wrote: »
    This is why Umarex should be told to bugger off and leave airsoft alone;

picture.php?albumid=1292&pictureid=10713

That's ridiculous ....

Thats weird, I just picked up the compact the other day and "only" has the text on the frame ... the slide is normal.
    Even so the text on the frame seems like it would be really easy remove or cover over. Not a big deal for me so not going to bother removing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Could be because KSC and KWA have different trade markings. KWA used to not have any trades at all until Umarex put their foot down. The KSC and KWA MP7 GBB had different Umarex trades to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Its only so far Umarex can go... That is bordering on a sonet written on the blasted gun... LINES of text... JUST to say they own the rights? they are that bothered? What next? The gun is just covered in 'owned by us' markings so dense that the whole pistol apears white?

I find it offensive. They try to sell a realistic replica product, and want to have the trademark... fair enough. But with this amount of blurb, that should be kept in a MANUAL or on the BOX, they are ruining that product. I certainly won't be spending my money on having a perfectly nice replica ruined by such chronicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I just got my Umarex/VFC HK416, and it wasn't as bad as expected there. The text on the right side of the mag well was small and just a line or two, and I am told it is where the RS has some writing. On the right side the only vandalism was a "6mm BB" thing. That was a bit bigger. I will stick some detailed photos up this weekend for people to comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sliabh wrote: »
    I just got my Umarex/VFC HK416, and it wasn't as bad as expected there. The text on the right side of the mag well was small and just a line or two, and I am told it is where the RS has some writing. On the right side the only vandalism was a "6mm BB" thing. That was a bit bigger. I will stick some detailed photos up this weekend for people to comment on.

The real HK416 does have the white with markings on the mag well on both sides. The HK marking, make and model on the left. On the right, the HK company trading name in full and the manufacturing plant location. The early VFC 416s had the exact same markings as the real thing, the ones after have VFC markings and now they have the Umarex ones but they are not too bad. Norway have their own national marking on right side of the magwell of their HK416Ns which is a nice touch I think.

The rifle isnt as offensive as the space that same text takes up on a pistol though... thats the real whine... I wouldnt mind it myself if it was similar to a real marking on a rifle where its overall, small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Now in saying that the build quality , materials and performance or the compact are outstanding so it just boils down to if you can live with or are willing to remove the text.

That goes without saying, however, If I wanted to buy a kwa or ksc pistol, I can, however, its more convinient to get the umarex rebranded garbage, and I frankly think its out of order, that a 'rebrander' slaps thier crap over so much of a replica, and has the cheek to say its a licenced replica... Especially considering how much of it is now NOT a replica...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I've heard of Umarex ruining trades on airosft gear before but what could it say apart from the usual 6mm BB made in bla bla, and then the real-ish trades. Like what do they add that annoys ya's so much?

The real HK416 does have the white with markings on the mag well on both sides. The HK marking, make and model on the left. On the right, the HK company trading name in full and the manufacturing plant location. The early VFC 416s had the exact same markings as the real thing, the ones after have VFC markings and now they have the Umarex ones but they are not too bad. Norway have their own national marking on right side of the magwell of their HK416Ns which is a nice touch I think.

the original vfc hk416 was in two version, the full trades version and a version with unique trades for the US market which they designed to look like the real marking but where stylized vfc designs to comply for US restrictions on trademarks

http://www.everything-airsoft.com/blog/2011/09/30/ares-svds-dragunov-sniper-rifle-sr-008-now-available/
    ARES Dragunov SVDS Sniper Rifle (SR-008) now available

ARES has announced that the SVDS Dragunov Sniper rifle previously reported is now available to authorized retailers. Designated the ARES SR-008, this spring powered sniper rifle features a full metal body, nylon fibre hand guard and grip, steel folding stock and is configured to allow easy power upgrades. FPS is from 325 to 425 FPS depending on the power upgrade and the magazine capacity is 200 rounds. No word yet on the retail price but it is expected to be around the $350USD mark. Scope and bipod not included but available from ARES.

yeah but this one is better and retails for $250 :D so ARES can go suck it!

• Advertisement

yeah but this one is better and retails for $250 so ARES can go suck it!

matter of opinion tbh, well the real sword is better tbh :) and i would not compare an aeg to springer, aeg is never going to compete on accuracy

would still rather have the svds as it is a little different, and a more accurate finish over the clone of the real sword

Advertisement