Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

well tbh all you need is the right tbb and hop-up combo and anything is acurate and i personaly like the semi auto "DMR'ish" feature plus real wood and rs compatible :D

SVDS is a bit odd in my opinion but sure whatever makes you happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    well tbh all you need is the right tbb and hop-up combo and anything is acurate and i personaly like the semi auto "DMR'ish" feature plus real wood and rs compatible :D

SVDS is a bit odd in my opinion but sure whatever makes you happy :)
    stigmau5 wrote: »

i know that makes me happy :P want with a capital w :)

I also have a craving for that but AirsoftGI did a better review ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

T4RGET wrote: »
    I've heard of Umarex ruining trades on airosft gear before but what could it say apart from the usual 6mm BB made in bla bla, and then the real-ish trades. Like what do they add that annoys ya's so much?
    Look up 8 posts. They normally only stick ONE of those paragraphs on weapons, for some reason this one has it twice... which annoys me doubly!

Its basically thier copyrightm they state they are teh sole licenceholder for hk design and trademark replication, and a load of 'dont copy us or we'll persue legal action' crap. Its the kid that hoarded all the toys, and is now gloating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    Its the kid that hoarded all the toys, and is now gloating.

So it's you in a brand version? You seem to ruin everything...

trolldad.jpg

**light hearted humor, you know in case it's not obvious**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

All ur trademarks am belong to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

As promised, this is what the the trades on the Umarex/VFC HK416 look like:

Right side has the usual legalise, but it is small "Umarex holds the worldwide exclusive HK - trademark and exterior design copy license for use with this Umarex product, granted by HK, Inc, USA."
    DSC00177.jpg
    and on the other side there is "cal. 6mm BB"
    DSC00174.jpg

All are slightly embossed into the receiver metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's not as offensive with the larger surface area of an AEG, but it still bothers me; especially with the fact that it's embossed making removal that bit more of a challenge.

I do wish they'd quit with that "Cal 6mm" boll*cks too.

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    It's not as offensive with the larger surface area of an AEG, but it still bothers me; especially with the fact that it's embossed making removal that bit more of a challenge.

I do wish they'd quit with that "Cal 6mm" boll*cks too.

ASG do that 6mm sh1te as well feckin hate hate it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

aegs are bad enough but the white v body space on the pistols is a little to much

how ever much i dispose uramaxs approach at least there not cybergun, own rights to trades but make up there own

SYSTEMA has announced that it will raise prices on all PTW's before the end of the year, due to massive increase in materials and production costs. With the Japanese YEN pushing 70 to the US dollar, industry gurus widely expect the price increase will be in the range of 20% - 30% - which may see complete PTW's costing almost USD 2000. The good news is that you still have some time before the price hike takes effect. The bad news is that you want one, you better hurry.
    RedWolf Airsoft - Airsoft Gun (Softair Gun) Retail and Wholesale From Asia
    www.redwolfairsoft.com

price increase on ptws

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

SHI-GDLH-AT4_1_mark_1_1.jpg
    USD 455.00
    ehobbyasia.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

whydave wrote: »
    SHI-GDLH-AT4_1_mark_1_1.jpg
    USD 455.00
    ehobbyasia.com

And only 455!?!?

And only 455!?!?

all that for a glorified nerf gun?!?!?!?! wtf?

all that for a glorified nerf bb gun?!?!?!?! wtf?

could be said about a lot of airsoft stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

<sarcasm>
    Yes! And all yours for only 1,000 bucks less than a real one!
    </sarcasm>

<directed at the manufacturer, btw>

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

It's funny how people get so defensive of airsoft when somebody taking part in a differant sport (pintball or practical shooting) talks down on it, yet airsofters do the same thing and look down on things onsidered lesser sports/ toys/equipment then airsoft norms.

I do think that's not too bad a price for what you get, but you could make a more realistic and better performing variant for a lot less using a real spent tube.

it shoots foam rockets! Multi coloured ones at that :D a 5 year old would talk down on that :P

• Advertisement

it shoots foam rockets! Multi coloured ones at that :D a 5 year old would talk down on that :P

True, but that's probably to stop proper getting arrested because it looks too real.

And, in fairness we fire little white spheres lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

it shoots foam rockets! Multi coloured ones at that

Unless i'm mistaken, there is a facility on these to fire bb's from a 203-type shell.

Alan b. wrote: »
    True, but that's probably to stop proper getting arrested because it looks too real.

True but its not something you would willingly hand to a child BUT foam rockets here ye go sonny :D
    Unless i'm mistaken, there is a facility on these to fire bb's from a 203-type shell.

That I did not see but does one really need the foam rocket aspect and would anybody here use it if they got the chance? I wouldnt

True but its not something you would willingly hand to a child BUT foam rockets here ye go sonny :D

That I did not see but does one really need the foam rocket aspect and would anybody here use it if they got the chance? I wouldnt

It's arguably more useful with the darts then it is with a 203 round.
    The range of a bb shower grenade is fairly limited,
    But a foam rocket, if it fires straight, could have decent range making it more of a rocket launcher then an oversized shotgun. Which is what most 203 launchers are.

none of this is really new, people have been using nerf grenades in 40mm grenades launchers for ages, neither practical or effective, but then again you never buy something like this expecting it to be anything like that in the first place

Puding wrote: »
    none of this is really new, people have been using nerf grenades in 40mm grenades launchers for ages, neither practical or effective, but then again you never buy something like this expecting it to be anything like that in the first place
    True, it isn't new. Madbull make the green round with the white foam darts a few years now for example. But its poor at best. There's no easing why they can't be made effective though. It just hasn't been done yet.

True, it isn't new. Madbull make the green round with the white foam darts a few years now for example. But its poor at best. There's no easing why they can't be made effective though. It just hasn't been done yet.

yes I saw a video of one on a calm day and it immediately vered to the right the second it left the barrel! :D Why cant the mek it out some sort of no porous material that isnt as lite as foam but istn as hard as pvc say?

yes I saw a video of one on a calm day and it immediately vered to the right the second it left the barrel! :D Why cant the mek it out some sort of no porous material that isnt as lite as foam but istn as hard as pvc say?

Something like a nerf howler football would be far better..............
    ;)

Maybe if was shaped like this:
    3point8shrap.jpg

;)

• Advertisement

Little heavy to lug around though.

Advertisement