Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

haha very funny:rolleyes: I meant in that shape and style but in the langth of those madbull rockets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

The madbull ones are more or less that shape.
    But from testing it, they just don't work. They have no fins to stabilize them and are not heavy enough to do without them.
    They are awful. As soon as you launch them, they spin and wobble and only go about 20 feet or so if there's no wind.
    By effective, I'm thinking more in the region of 100 feet if not more.

well from what i saw they did have fins flimsy ones at that but there was an attempt made and they still leve a 20mm gap or so when sitting in the launcher I was proposing a version that looked like the shell above with a diameter close to 40mm and to be made from rubber :D large solid heavy but just below the danger line ......... AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

Keltec.jpg

They look positively EVIL! Me want .....................

• Advertisement

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    well from what i saw they did have fins flimsy ones at that but there was an attempt made and they still leve a 20mm gap or so when sitting in the launcher I was proposing a version that looked like the shell above with a diameter close to 40mm and to be made from rubber :D large solid heavy but just below the danger line ......... AFAIK

The fins are not really fins, they are about 3mm proud of the round itself. And don't aid stability at all Imo. You'd need a very large grenade to hold enough gas to launch a heavy round made of rubber. Even the rubber slug shot grenade they make is only really a 15 foot range and they aren't all that heavy.

High density foam sponge is the right material but the shape is what needs improving. Standard 203 rounds don't hold enough gas either.

then make it long enough to do so but then you could only use it in long launchers :( or maybe the whole thing should be abandoned and everybody just stick to bb's :D

then make it long enough to do so but then you could only use it in long launchers :( or maybe the whole thing should be abandoned and everybody just stick to bb's :D

There's plenty of room in the at4.

oh yeah thats wher this all started :pac:
    yup definately get what Iam talking about in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keltec.jpg

They look like something Batman would use or his victims at least. Always nice to get something new in the pistol world instead of regular new M9s and 1911s with slightly different markings.

Hope this is airsoft and not 4.5mm steel. The real ones are for target and small vermin use.

• Advertisement

oh yeah thats wher this all started :pac:
    yup definately get what Iam talking about in there :D

This with a range of 100+ ft range.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdCHQN41WLjInasaJPf-bLoHNYCLP4ITAg1QDq64dKp7RwJtt8

yeah but bigger!!!!!!!! its an at4 for crying out loud!!!!!
    1605_clarkson_a.jpg&width=310

:D

It's not too far off the size of a real at4 warhead

true but its airsoft :D why not shove a shell in there! :D and i suppose the sound it makes would add to the whole atmosphere of war :D

true but its airsoft :D why not shove a shell in there! :D and i suppose the sound it makes would add to the whole atmosphere of war :D
    Now you're thinking how I'm thinking. Painted silver, the above, will have a rough size and appearance of a real round, and when fired will make a noise that adds to the effect.
    Add a decent range, and its a winner imo.

Imagine that thing howling accross the airsoft field to a target at range.

and have one of those massive paintball Co2 cannisters in the back itl be epic!!!!!!!! :D
    hmm-at4-girl-demotivational-poster-1262053580.jpg

Something like that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Airsoft news or airsoft artillary?? Im confused on what thread this is!!

andy_g wrote: »
    Discussion of a product brought up in the news. Not allowed????

in fairness andy it has happened on a number of items here :D but we've reached a conclusion so ther wont be anymore :D scouts honour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

I guarantee you, from first-hand experience, that those things hurt like a mother lover. And I think you may be forgetting the fact that it still has to be under one joule...

were you bleeding? Did you brake anything?

serious questions here not sarcasm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

andy_g wrote: »
    in fairness andy it has happened on a number of items here :D but we've reached a conclusion so ther wont be anymore :D scouts honour :D

don;t think he meant it like that, more as a light hearted sarcastic joke of where are all the RPG's etc coming from for airsoft :P, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Awh hells no! From first hand experience one of those things hitting you at high speed is not a pleasant experience!

Now I may be a bit of a sissyish when it comes to pain but I've been hit by accident (or so he CLAIMS) and my hand was in bits the day after as well!

If an accident were to happen and one of those was close range being fired at high speed the results would NOT be pretty in the slightest (this mo fo's are HARD plastic remember)

as Ive been told at many a game SUCK IT UP!
    sure my legs are in bits the day after just from running alone so no matter
    what your going to end up in bits

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Awh hells no! From first hand experience one of those things hitting you at high speed is not a pleasant experience!

Now I may be a bit of a sissyish when it comes to pain but I've been hit by accident (or so he CLAIMS) and my hand was in bits the day after as well!

If an accident were to happen and one of those was close range being fired at high speed the results would NOT be pretty in the slightest (this mo fo's are HARD plastic remember)
    What exatcly are made of hard pastic?
    Because the nerf footballs are most definitely not.
    they are a dense sponge foam ball. With normal foam fin sticking out.

don;t think he meant it like that, more as a light hearted sarcastic joke of where are all the RPG's etc coming from for airsoft , could be wrong though

He said it in "mod mode", i'd agree with ya otherwise.
    That's why it came accross the way it did

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

tm.jpg

Seems to be a upcoming TM scar heavy.

and some form Daneil Defence M4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Looks more like a Mk18 as it has a standard Colt reciver. Either way, knotch one more up for the Eugene Clonerz

• Advertisement

why do they always make it a shiny copper colour:confused: its just wrong

also in other news Umarex got their filthy paws on the new ares sportline elite m4 series :pac:

you will see the trades when they do the close up shots

Advertisement