Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Lemming wrote: »
    I've received a price from Domanic (head designer I believe, at Inokatsu) but until I clarify which version that price is for, i.e. limited edition or 'standard', I'll hold my tongue.

Update on this;

there is a waiting list for the limited edition version of the Inokatsu m1911A1. Asking price is a mere US$1000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Update on this;

there is a waiting list for the limited edition version of the Inokatsu m1911A1. Asking price is a mere US$1000 :eek:

Wow, even it's price is realistic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

gun_0863_10.jpg

from A&K

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Update on this;

That is a joke. 1000usd for a pistol. Not even an impressive wall hanger. Hell even if you spend 400us on an rpg7 which lets face it is a wall hanger only at least non softers will see it and think it special.

Id want gadafis golden decorated 1911 for that kinda money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That's mad money, but more power to ya if you have it and are willing to pay it. You probably could have picked up a real 1911 for that price in this notoriously expensive country, when they were legal.

Gonna get one Lemming?:P

G'wan we all wanna perve it...

The KTW Enfield is also fierce pricey..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

hightower1 wrote: »
    That is a joke. 1000usd for a pistol. Not even an impressive wall hanger. Hell even if you spend 400us on an rpg7 which lets face it is a wall hanger only at least non softers will see it and think it special.

Id want gadafis golden decorated 1911 for that kinda money.

He had a very pimp High Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

A lot of people seem to be comparing the Inokatsu 1911 to other pistols...in my opinion there is no comparison. Every other pistol on the market at the moment is an Airsoft pistol...the Inokatsu 1911 is for all intents and purposes a gun that fires 6mm plastic BB's. Not much in it, is there? But for those that appreciate that distinction, this is a pistol for you. That is the point of it. It is made out of stainless steel (machining stainless steel is a costly process), and they have put a LOT of attention to detail in this piece.

$1,000? Is it a bit...shocking? Yes. Is it unreasonable? I don't believe so. When you look at the renowned exterior quality of Inokatsu, and I think you'll be hard pushed to find someone who doesn't agree that their stuff is a thing of beauty.

This is a pistol I have been looking forward to for a LONG time, and I will be getting one. I'm not even a 1911 fan. However, it is a full steel Co2 operated beast...and I for one appreciate it for what it is...a gun that will put all others in my collection to shame.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate that it is not everyone's cup of tea...but I don't understand why products such as these are constantly berated on internet fora - they have their place, along with every other product on the market.

I think what's causing the shock is people look at the price and think; 'I could buy a Marui 1911 for under €200 which will do the job just as well'. Yeah it's a nice looking gun, but are the looks worth the extra €800 or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Blay wrote: »
    I think what's causing the shock is people look at the price and think; 'I could buy a Marui 1911 for under €200 which will do the job just as well'. Yeah it's a nice looking gun, but are the looks worth the extra €800 or so?

Very true. Looks are not worth €800...but feel? That's a completely different story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

This a collectors piece , tbh this is not aimed at the skirmish Market, there is a large Market for these supper high quality replicas, it is not meant to be a substitute for a tm or we 1911

people point at th cost, but I regularly see people invest over 1000 usd into replicas with all the upgrades and accessory's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I need to do some head-scratching before I ante up onto the waiting list for one of those. And I am sorely tempted; it's as much a work of absolute art as a gun I would take to a skirmish.

£650 + shipping + duty; that'll be near £850 landed and HMRC paid their pound of flesh.

But f*ck I do want one ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I get the desire. As someone who deals in tolerances of microns every day, I can appreciate the level of craftsmanship and detail that went into these.

However, and this is just my opinion, it's still just another 1911. Yes, it looks good and undoubtedly feels good, but you cannot argue that it is simply just another 1911 with some flashier styling.
    It's not like the difference between, say, a Ford Focus and an WRC Ford Focus, where it looks the same externally, but is made of better materials and performs a thousand times better in every facet and detail.
    Rather, this is more akin to that Ferrari 360 body kit you can get for a Peugeot 406. It looks great, and the body is an incredible copy of the original, but if you strip away the shiny externals you're still left with a power limited device that does the same job as cheaper competitors, just flashier.

What Inokatsu have done, is make a pistol out of tweed.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I get the desire. As someone who deals in tolerances of microns every day, I can appreciate the level of craftsmanship and detail that went into these.

However, and this is just my opinion, it's still just another 1911. Yes, it looks good and undoubtedly feels good, but you cannot argue that it is simply just another 1911 with some flashier styling.
    It's not like the difference between, say, a Ford Focus and an WRC Ford Focus, where it looks the same externally, but is made of better materials and performs a thousand times better in every facet and detail.
    Rather, this is more akin to that Ferrari 360 body kit you can get for a Peugeot 406. It looks great, and the body is an incredible copy of the original, but if you strip away the shiny externals you're still left with a power limited device that does the same job as cheaper competitors, just flashier.

What Inokatsu have done, is make a pistol out of tweed.

well you can apply that theory to everything in airsoft, i know i have had this discussion between VFC and CYMA aks before with people, on the most basic level they both perform the same role/function but there is a massive price difference

in the end it really all comes down to an individual and how they view the product worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

c48efedc1b647f7610eb60a9ea16529e.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I think with innokatsu as with many other high end aegs if you have to question the price then you aren't the customer they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

horgan_p wrote: »
    I think with innokatsu as with many other high end aegs if you have to question the price then you aren't the customer they're looking for.

The Apple of the airsoft world.
    Looks amazing.
    Great build quality.
    Does the same job as cheaper alternatives.
    5x the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Inari wrote: »
    Very true. Looks are not worth €800...but feel? That's a completely different story :D

So when you get one how much will you charge me to hold it :D

WE SVD is on the way, video has been removed apparently, only seen a screen grab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Few pictures of the WE SVD up on direct airsofts facebook, link below

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.243542562366871.64938.165830010138127&type=1

BTPJ-AEG-TAK_1_MARK_ADD.jpg

linky

if i were to get an ak this is the one for me!

That flash hider is a bit tame.

That flash hider is a bit tame.

id put a pbs silencer on it :D

thermo wrote: »
    id put a pbs silencer on it :D
    Good man. Would probably change the fire selector as well, go full tacticool.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

thermo wrote: »
    BTPJ-AEG-TAK_1_MARK_ADD.jpg

linky

if i were to get an ak this is the one for me!

Kill it!!!! Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill it!!!! Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

now now kev less of that!

a new selector would be a nice touch.

Put a Barrett flashider on it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

not sure if this is an advanced april fools, if not it has some pretty unique and amazing features. Hop unit that adjusts itself depending on the bb weight you use. Semi, two round burst and full auto. RPS and FPS adjustable via iphone or ipad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIq9tMU5RWM&feature=feedu

• Advertisement

Evike in the past have been known for wind up videos

TBH that fact it is a KISS and all these advanced functions makes me wonder about this....

Advertisement