Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yer couple of guys have been working on their own projects to make a custom one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭That Familiar Arrogance

Puding wrote: »
    yer couple of guys have been working on their own projects to make a custom one

yeah that was supposedly exactly like the one released by zeta and hobby? or is their's a custom of a custom?

I'am not sure what your saying mate

they where making a replica of the magpul ak as a custom project, so yes they look exactly like the beta version, then again their quality is far higher than the beta version

had this happen to me in the past, sent a lot of money on a project to make a ksk g36k and 2 months later an off the shelf version came out, happen with other things as wel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭That Familiar Arrogance

they where making a replica of the magpul ak as a custom project, so yes they look exactly like the beta version, then again their quality is far higher than the beta version

had this happen to me in the past, sent a lot of money on a project to make a ksk g36k and 2 months later an off the shelf version came out, happen with other things as wel

Ahhhh Right! :) Now I get ye :) Sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

bit late Dave ;)

sorry was news to me !;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

AN AR THAT TAKES P90 MAGS!?!?!? That's mad enough to justify a purchase in my book :D

I think that may be marginally usefull in real life being able to select between mid and low caliber rounds mid operation but the drawbacks being you have to carry twice the ammo, twice the feed systems that could go wrong and the extra weight up front. The pros being that if you need to transition to an area where there may be civilian population and you dont want too much penetraition.

In airsoft its totally useless seeing as you can just slap in a hi cap ma or drum mag if you really need thousands of rounds. As they all the same caliber its useless to have two different mag systems in one gun seeing as again you need to carry two mag types, two different feed systems to go wrong, makes th gun front heavy again, you loose RIS space and you become a jack of all traits but a master of none. Your getting a PDW mag but none of the PDW size advantages.

A delightfully odd piece but totally usless in airsoft terms. Marginally usefull in real steel terms but has huge drawbacks to counteract any potential benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

hightower1 wrote: »
    I think that may be marginally usefull in real life being able to select between mid and low caliber rounds mid operation but the drawbacks being you have to carry twice the ammo, twice the feed systems that could go wrong and the extra weight up front. The pros being that if you need to transition to an area where there may be civilian population and you dont want too much penetraition.

In airsoft its totally useless seeing as you can just slap in a hi cap ma or drum mag if you really need thousands of rounds. As they all the same caliber its useless to have two different mag systems in one gun seeing as again you need to carry two mag types, two different feed systems to go wrong, makes th gun front heavy again, you loose RIS space and you become a jack of all traits but a master of none. Your getting a PDW mag but none of the PDW size advantages.

A delightfully odd piece but totally usless in airsoft terms. Marginally usefull in real steel terms but has huge drawbacks to counteract any potential benefits.

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg
    :(

Personally i do ot see it as a eal steel shot swap option, you would not be carrying two upper receivers and two ammo types, it is rather a way of pushing the advantages of the p90 rounds as an easy upgrade for law enforcement and other units

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Personally i do ot see it as a eal steel shot swap option, you would not be carrying two upper receivers and two ammo types, it is rather a way of pushing the advantages of the p90 rounds as an easy upgrade for law enforcement and other units

Aye. The obvious advantage for Airsoft is if you use a P90, and do not own an AR already, then you get the nice look of the AR without having to invest in more mags.

Personally...I've just never understood this. All of the disadvantages of the P90 mags, none of the advantages (i.e. reduced overall size due to bullpup configuration etc)

not a fan of hi caps but the p90 does have the best with one wind and no rattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I can think of several reasons why I'd be very, very interested in that upper. The solitary disadvantage is having to get MOLLE pouches for that mag type, but that's hardly a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ebairsoft have thie TF3 Nest vest up for order now @ 75eur.

I dont even skirmish but I had to order one simply for how badass it looks.

tf3%20vest%20%20promotion%20b.jpg

weekend%20warrior%20TF3%20vest%20Black%20a%20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

hightower1 wrote: »
    Ebairsoft have thie TF3 Nest vest up for order now @ 75eur.

I dont even skirmish but I had to order one simply for how badass it looks.

tf3%20vest%20%20promotion%20b.jpg

weekend%20warrior%20TF3%20vest%20Black%20a%20.jpg

can it only hold two m4 mags and a few shotgun shells?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You need more than that? Pff...

<brushes dirt off shoulders>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

goblin59 wrote: »
    can it only hold two m4 mags and a few shotgun shells?

You could probably mount pouches on the shell loops but it would be very high up :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

sure why would you need anymore?:P Your obviously not gonna feel yourself getting hit in that:p, so you could stroll straight up to your enemys camp and take them all out with one hicap!!!!:D:D:D BOOM!!

In my opinion vest looks cool but not practical for skirmishing. Maybe go for the vest from HEAT look?:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

WELL-MB10D-BK_1_MARK.jpg

linky

it seems from the blurb its adjustable FPS (some kind of mechanical limiter)

better hope that customs get it with the limiter on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

• Advertisement

Urghh Modify, the day I don't get trouble with their stuff is the day I'll break my "I'm never buying Modify again" vow...
    Have had no ends of trouble with a lot of their stuff, maybe their barrels are decent.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Urghh Modify, the day I don't get trouble with their stuff is the day I'll break my "I'm never buying Modify again" vow...
    Have had no ends of trouble with a lot of their stuff, maybe their barrels are decent.

Have to say I'm the other way around, ended up with modify gearsets in 80% of my stuff

Have to say I'm the other way around, ended up with modify gearsets in 80% of my stuff

Had so many of those fail on me... It's shocking...
    Know plenty of others who've had the same results too, nearly every tooth stripped off, axles and bearings snapped or collapsed:(

Being to think you're cursed, none broken hear, only one I came across broken was a guy why took a lump hammer to his to get it to fit in a gearbox it was not suitable

as with most things I airsoft, swings and roundabouts

BTPJ-SINPER-M200-DE_1_MARK.jpg

woo hell of a lot cheaper than the socom gear and the ares :p

$480

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

goblin59 wrote: »
    BTPJ-SINPER-M200-DE_1_MARK.jpg
    Dear Santa ..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

whydave wrote: »
    Dear Santa ..........................