Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That would look so uber cool though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Spartans import magpul 2009 pdf catolouge

UBR STOCKS yes please

proper Masada Yes please

FMG 9 yesssssssss please

http://www.spartanimports.com/MANUALS/MAGPUL-PTS-2009-01a.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Dear Magpul, hurry the smeg up.

Also, way to read my mind on both the ACS and the Speedplates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Gatling wrote: »

Hmmm, i looked and looked, and couldn't find a Masada....

Only some Bushmaster ACR yoke...

Listen, what you have isn't a Masada, it's a Fasada.

Honestly though, the differences between the Masada and the ACR are negligible. The only stark external one is the ACRs ambidextrous cocking handle up above the gas block. I'll just be happy if/when Magpul PTS make one because I'm not a fan of the A&K one. Not for any brand loyalty or elitist reasons, there's just something not quite right about the feel of it to me. The grip feels too small and the body too narrow, as well as the plastics feeling, well, plasticy. The grip on the Masada/ACR is a permanent-fit MIAD. I'm used to MIAD's, I have them on everything. They feel substantial and comfortable. The A&K one didn't at all. The Masada/ACR is supposed to be finished with the some polymer as the CTR, UBR and ACS stocks and that found in the PMag, again all of which I'm more than used to by now. The A&K one feels cheaper and lighter, as well as considerably thinner and less tactile.
    I know the four owners of them here are raving about them, but they just don't feel right to me, in the same way the JLS FN2000 didn't feel right despite being a perfectly capable rifle. I may yet get one and give it another chance to win me over, but I'd be happy enough to wait if Magpul announced a release date for theirs.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Listen, what you have isn't a Masada, it's a Fasada.

Honestly though, the differences between the Masada and the ACR are negligible. The only stark external one is the ACRs ambidextrous cocking handle up above the gas block. I'll just be happy if/when Magpul PTS make one because I'm not a fan of the A&K one. Not for any brand loyalty or elitist reasons, there's just something not quite right about the feel of it to me. The grip feels too small and the body too narrow, as well as the plastics feeling, well, plasticy. The grip on the Masada/ACR is a permanent-fit MIAD. I'm used to MIAD's, I have them on everything. They feel substantial and comfortable. The A&K one didn't at all. The Masada/ACR is supposed to be finished with the some polymer as the CTR, UBR and ACS stocks and that found in the PMag, again all of which I'm more than used to by now. The A&K one feels cheaper and lighter, as well as considerably thinner and less tactile.
    I know the four owners of them here are raving about them, but they just don't feel right to me, in the same way the JLS FN2000 didn't feel right despite being a perfectly capable rifle. I may yet get one and give it another chance to win me over, but I'd be happy enough to wait if Magpul announced a release date for theirs.

Ahh but see you can't be seen to back track now dex can ya., :p
    you dissed it before anyone had ever even seen it in the flesh this seem fanboi-ish?., ;)

The unknown company who's making the horribly illegal and immoral mock-up (did I mention I like Magpul?) of the Masada released a video of it's "working bolt catch" which stops working rather abruptly...
    I have a distinct feeling this is JLS, but if whoever it is, is in any way clever they'll keep this as an unbranded ACM rifle lest they bring down the wrath of the Pink Fluffy Bunny of Death.

there's a load of differences between the ACR and the masada too, the stock, forgrip, cocking lever, flash hider etc etc.

without a real gun to compare it to, you can really say the grip is too narrow, sure the real one might be even thinner. Some have said the dimensions are wrong and the masada isn't the right scale. all that is bull, i made a gif image of my own masada with an overlay of the real deal and they matched perfectly. it used the standard size magazine and RIS rails as reference points for size comparison.

I have MIADs on a couple of my own guns too and theres very little in the difference from my own point of view.,

The plastics used are some of the highest quality and strongest ive seen used in airsoft, beating the likes of the VFC scar, star scar etc etc. their not the cheap shiney type and theres no flex in them at all. again, i cant see any noticible quality difference between the masada's materials and my own magpul Miads, CTR, PRS etc., :)

Gimmie an

F
    Gimmie an

A
    Gimmie an

N
    Gimmie an

B
    Gimmie an

O
    Gimmie an

I

yAAAAAYYYYYYY! FANBOI!

:D

Says the man who's avatar, name and sig are all Magpul things? I'd readily admit I'm a fan of Magpul stuff, they've done no wrong yet. I'm just going by what I've read about the Masada project thus far. If Magpul bring out their own airsoft Masada and it's as identical to the A&K version, I will be just as disappointed. The second I saw the A&K one I was dubious, ask Doc. He was there when I copped a feel for the first time and expected me to be hyper about it. I know it's a good performing rifle from reports, there's just something about it that doesn't sit right with my expectations of what it should have been.

Also, yes, I was decrying it before seeing it, but that was back when I thought JLS or Army Armaments were doing it. I only found out it was A&K (whom I respect considerably more) the day before seeing it. I actually would have loved to have been wrong. As you said, noone has actually seen it, which is why I find it odd that they can clone it. Without a real one I can't say for sure that it's not right, but you can't say for sure it is either. If it does turn out to be spot on, I'll be avoiding the "proper" one too. I just don't find it comfortable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

considering the masada is dead , bushmaster acr is the only version that will ever see production

bushmaster-acr-1.jpg
    bushmaster-acr.jpg

considering the masada is dead , bushmaster acr is the only version that will ever see production

bushmaster-acr-1.jpg
    bushmaster-acr.jpg

Ah, but thats not a Masada, and id rather have a limited and rare gun, than something thats probably gonna be used by half the worlds armies.,

also, that ACR is fugly, it looks like someone futurised a G3 ot PSG.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

the only thing i dont like about magpul is that almost everything they do is a copy of someone elses brainwork, most of the stuff they have made, is just a more futuristic, 5 times more expensive version of what has already been achieved, although some of their stuff is fantastic, and i am a fan of their stuff, its nothing new really

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    Ah, but thats not a Masada, and id rather have a limited and rare gun, than something thats probably gonna be used by half the worlds armies.

Like your M4 and G36 collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bushmaster-acr-1.jpg
    bushmaster-acr.jpg

Ehmmm. Look at it. G36 meets PSG stock with waffle mags......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I'd say futurised G3 with PSG1 is pretty damn accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

g36 psg1 is the right mix....theres parts much cleser to the PSG1 and G36 than the G3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

that ACR is fugly, it looks like someone futurised a G3 ot PSG.,

say's you with the scarty-6 lol

Like any rifle these days, the ACR has a bunch of variants. That would be the marksman version, heavier and longer barrel with the adjustable stock etc. The carbine version is pretty close to the Masada, apart from a couple of cosmetic differences.

Like your M4 and G36 collection?

My G36 is nearly as unique as your hairstyle, ;)

My M4's though, are pretty common. Hence wanting a nice unique Masada, oh, you don't have a masada, do ya?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

My G36 is nearly as unique as your hairstyle, ;)

My M4's though, are pretty common. Hence wanting a nice unique Masada, oh, you don't have a masada, do ya?

:p

I think he'd argue, neither do you... :p

Epic rofls

backs away keeping ak's out of sight...

Nothing to see here, move along.

Nope, I don't, nor do I want one. I do have a rare and excellent SR25 though, and an usual Patriot as well as a truly unique CA G36k (unique because it actually works). Also, if you care to look directly behind you to the slat wall, you'll notice a silver plated AK which sort of fills all three criteria in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

magpul_pts_mbus_1902.jpg
    Magpul PTS: Announcement of PTS MBUS
    Cool announcement from Magpul PTS- MBUS sights are finally coming:

Dear all,

Magpul PTS Back-up Site (MBUS) Set will start shipping very soon. We took a long time to fine tune this new product and you will have great satisfaction with it.

It is using high quality DuPont Polymer and selling in box set – Front and Real Site. PTS version MBUS will come with a key to adjust front sight pole (limited offer).

We start to receive pre-order. Kindly contact your local distributor or dealer to get more information.

Regards

Magpul PTS Division

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Got this from ebaybanned today.

P90m4%20magadpotor.jpg

So for just €32 you too can have the most hideous piece of engineering ever created in airsoft. Tenner says we see a picture of a P90 with an "uber 1337" box mag within a month using this adaptor.
    theres a p90 box mag on the market and its based off that yoke :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

bushmaster-acr-1.jpg
    bushmaster-acr.jpg
    I like this one, beats the(dare I say it) masada and the tavor thingy by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Very nice but isn't the Bushmaster just an updated Masada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

It's not a masada. It's all black and sexay:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same thing. Magpul sold the production and marketing rights to Bushmaster. Magpul still do all the designing and Bushmaster do the manufacturing and marketing.

At the end of the day it is Magpul who made the design changes that made the Masda become the ACR, not Bushmaster. Magpul said that during design testing they found that the cocking lever conflicted with the postion with alot of existing sights so they decided to move it further foward, it was not Bushmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

New all steel Kalash(Dboys) AEGs available at RSOV:

AKs74-http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3401

AK 105-http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3402

(Full steel AKs74u was available for a while now if anyone didn't know)

i really like this, nice battery storage without crane stock or peq

magp_acc_ctrbbk_l.jpg
    - Modified version of CTR Stock with 1.25 inch / 32mm Cheek Riser
    - Holds custom mini-type battery pack ( 9.6V Battery & wires Included )
    - Ambidextrous sling mounts for QD, 1.25 Inch loops, and lanyard hole
    - Suitable for AEGs which compatible with M4 Stock Tube

NOTE:
    - Not recommended for M4 / M16 Series due to high cheek weld and interference with charging handle.
    - CTR Stock in this package is NOT compatible with other stock tubes due to presence of reinforcement ribs.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=MAGP-ACC-CTRBBK_srch_1

I'm not so gone on the look of it, but top marks for practicality. I'm curious though, they say it's not compatible with Armalites because of the cheekpiece interfering with the cocking handle, but it's an Armalite stock tube so what exactly is the market? There aren't that many people using G36's/MP5's/AK's with Armalite stock adaptors to justify that.

i think the warning is for m4/m16 with carrying handles, i can see it not closing fully because of these, where as if you have flip down BUIS or non at all you would not have a problem with it closing all the way

• Advertisement

i give them top marks for trying, but that looks hideous,.

Advertisement