Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hahoo!

This trade agreement may just be enough for me to reverse all I've said/felt about the government :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can't see it making a blind bit of difference to the price here there at all

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Gatling wrote: »
    Can't see it making a blind bit of difference to the price here there at all

if import taxes etc. are lower than hopefully shops here will possibly sell them a little cheaper or maybe they wont who knows

Shops makes next to no profits on Mauri's as it is ,one of the reasons most retailers don't stock large quantities of there products

Shops makes next to no profits on Mauri's as it is ,one of the reasons most retailers don't stock large quantities of there products

Good point, didn't think of that :( may make a small difference if we're lucky and even that would be nice imo.

• Advertisement

It was a beautiful dream while it last </3

Sorry lads its been a dream of mine too for many years affordable Mauri's

And ye just had to ruin it......nice one :mad: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Sorry to say that those two words, Affordable and Mauri. dont go together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bbguy11

what is the ak 2nd from the left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Screw affordability, what about availability. Export is restricted on much of TM's stuff due to copyright infringement. If this is true, and the free trade agreement goes ahead, then that could mean two very exciting things:
    1.) Entire Marui product lines available in Ireland
    2.) Marui spare parts available in Ireland (slides, hop ups etc)

So yeah, those two points alone make me excited...if it goes ahead

Inari wrote: »
    Screw affordability, what about availability. Export is restricted on much of TM's stuff due to copyright infringement. If this is true, and the free trade agreement goes ahead, then that could mean two very exciting things:
    1.) Entire Marui product lines available in Ireland
    2.) Marui spare parts available in Ireland (slides, hop ups etc)

So yeah, those two points alone make me excited...if it goes ahead

Surely Edna kenny can do something right.......hopefully.

Surely Edna Jenny can do something right.......hopefully.

Watch we'll end up with whale burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Watch we'll end up with whale burgers

Watch what you wish for Gatling and back in your box before i say something i regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

if import taxes etc. are lower than hopefully shops here will possibly sell them a little cheaper or maybe they wont who knows
    I am open to correction here, but import duty I believe is pretty low - just 3%. So the change will be minimal.

And from having looked at TM gear in Akihabra in Tokyo, I can tell you it is pretty pricey over there as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

New NZ camo: Press release from 12-Jul-2012
    http://www.hyperstealth.com/NZ-MCU/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Fail

I'll wait till mauri or marushin do a proper Gas shell ejection AA 12

Aeg shotgun no ,no ,no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've always thought the AA12 worked better than it looked. A true function over form piece.

In other words; the damn thing is fugly, no matter which way you look at it. Take away the fact that it makes a tremendous amount of noise while blowing holes in things, and you just have what looks like a spray painted nerf gun.
    Nice idea having it shoot three rounds at once, but come one. Did you hear that little bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzz it made as the drum turned? I'd be more afraid of having to leave the game due to crippling laughter than being hit by it.

As for a gas driven shell ejector, it's probably inevitable. That said, I'll laugh hysterically at that, too. It'll be great for the 10 seconds you're firing, and awful for the 10 minutes you're searching for empty shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Shotguns are a weird one - without shells, they're kind of pointless...but with shells they're impractical :(

You feel like you should be loading shells into 'em, and just not having to worry about picking 'em up.

I agree 100% with Dex though...the AA12 is a horrific looking piece; I didn't think it existed in RS when I saw it on-screen. It really does just look like a mock-up by a random designer with lots of bondo. It needs to be loud.

I'm just wondering if it's moddable or has been made so proprietary that nothing can be added. They said they added a mosfet and made a new hopup, etc. I would like to know if it can be made to work better. A higher rate of fire would be nice and I think too much thought went into that drum mag. I don't care if it's a stick mag molded into a circular mag or the standard mag. I would like an aeg which is combat effective in a way similar to how the real steel is supposed to be.

Also remember that the aa-12 has recoil suppression features so like the kriss for it to be authentic they would have to reduce recoil.

If it can sling plastic downrange at a good rate and range (similar to most aegs) I'd like it for fun and terrorising the enemy with suppressive fire or a situation where you can't not call it because you're getting hit with multiple BBs at once, like a grenade launcher.

If you made gas powered one, and *really* ramped up the gas flowing into the recoil system, you *might* get close to what that thing feels like with recoil suppression.

That many proprietary parts is always a red flag for me, though.

I actually think the AA12 is getting a hard time in the looks department. It's not beauty queen, but yenno, it's not the most ugly thing out there...

It makes the FA-MAS look like Miss USA. Anything that can achieve that feat, is fully deserving of the fugly monicker.

...Funnily I'm a fan of that too.

Maybe I just have weird tastes :pac:

NakedDex wrote: »
    It makes the FA-MAS look like Miss USA. Anything that can achieve that feat, is fully deserving of the fugly monicker.

Have you seen the original AA12 from the 70's with the original M16 VN handguard and matching full stock .
    Even the Koreans couldn't improve it with the USAS 12

I'm sure cod fans are going to be over the aeg

I'm sure cod fans are going to be over the aeg

What about expendables/Terry Crews fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

I do love the AA12 for some crazy reason - but that just looks like they haven't even finished making it.

Advertisement