Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I do love the AA12 for some crazy reason - but that just looks like they haven't even finished making it.

Given the hype that happened over the VSS, I'll wait and see. I'm torn on the AA12; I love the gun, but unless it's making ferocious noise and spewing shells, I just don't know about the airsoft incarnation ... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »

Via French Airsoft Dude (Khan-Seb)

So, some news about the AA12 prototype we saw some days ago. The gun we saw in the video is a prototype made by a young French company called Airsoft Absolution.

More details about the upcoming gun itself :

- It will be made with steel and fiberglass and weights around 4.5 kg.
    - The gun will use a known gearbox. We don't know what version yet, but it will be something we already know, so upgrade parts will be there already.
    - The gun seen in the video is a prototype only and is not a final version.
    - It will has a mosfet regulator.
    - Each shots fires 3 6mm bbs through an auto loaded drum magazine.
    - ROF will be around 300 shots per min (which is slow but realistic).
    - It will be 100% made in France, production and assembly.
    - Price is not known yet, but they want it to be average compared to common price on the airsoft market.
    - A Gbbr version might come as well if the AEG version meet some success.

Article from airsoft2day.com : http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/1172-custom-atchisson-assault-shotgun-displayed.html
    News on France Airsoft : http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=186025
    Facebook page of Airsoft Absolution : https://www.facebook.com/AirsoftAbsolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

- ROF will be around 300 shots per min (which is slow but realistic).

- A Gbbr version might come as well if the AEG version meet some success.

You realism types happy now? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

A "known gearbox"? I don't know of any AEG gearboxes that fire three rounds per shot. This implies it's using a MOSFET to give a burst fire, rather than a proper shotgun blast of three rounds.

Meh, it's still doing nothing for me. I can get over looks if performance is special (God help me, I own some bloody ugly guns for that very reason), but my M7 and P90 have burst fire already. You couldn't really class this as a shotgun. It's just another AEG rifle.

Not to p*ss in anyone's corn flakes over it, that is. If it's for you, then congrats. I just think it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting if they went gas first. If it barked and jumped, and spat a dozen rounds a shot while ejecting shells, it'd be useless for skirmishing, but everyone would want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

If it works well I'm definitely interested. But if it's a platform to develop from I'm kinda interested aswell.

A design challenge is interesting. Always fun to find ways to optimise and improve a starting design.

It also makes the journey to epic performance more fun. Some of my favourite aegs are the ones that were difficult to work on but are at a level I like now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

In what can be said as a victory for the airsoft and airgun communities in the Philippines, a new law, RA 10591, has excluded airsoft and airguns from the definition of "firearms" in the country. The first implication with this is that both types of guns will not require any regulation in the country and that the local police will no longer require airsoft and airgun owners to register their guns.

Full story...
    http://www.popularairsoft.com/airsoft-guns-now-excluded-new-firearms-definition-philippines

Congratulations to everyone who campaigned for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

PTS RM4 ERG Official Announcement Video!

What is an "ERG"? Why it's the new Airsoft ELECTRIC RECOIL GUN utilizing a proprietary Kinetic Feedback System

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

whydave wrote: »

Common rule on most sites: eyes must be lookin down the sights /rifle.

Blindfiring:"firing with out aiming, firing with out looking etc.

I would say yeah because he isn't aiming down the gun he is shooting.if this was allowed I should be allowed use pitfalls and surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i know this is oldish news but i want one of these
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxnB7SoR0Y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Until I see an official statement from Magpul themselves I am not even going to bat an eyelid to that. The Magpul PTS website says nothing.

This would be monumental news in the airsoft community. A small paragraph with a very poor reason is not going to make me believe him.

There are clones of everything in airsoft and people who want to buy quality will remain to do so. Same as clone aeg's. pistols, tactical equipment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Was reading a post on Arnies from a guy who works for pts and yeah, unfortunately it looks like its the case. Not only are the usual goodies going to be discontinued but the Masada, Pdr and receivers will be wound down too. The only pts/magpul product that will be supported will be the new ERG that they are releasing.

Here's one of the links

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/210433-pts-closing-down/?p=2634808

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Surely Magpul would be losing a cash cow by doing this though??

Absolutely, most of us have spent cash we didn't have on their accessories but apparently they're trying to protect their brand amongst the shooting community in the States.

Ah well, just wait until the 1st ad appears for real magpul stuff here, 200% mark up anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

tudenham10 wrote: »
    Absolutely, most of us have spent cash we didn't have on their accessories but apparently they're trying to protect their brand amongst the shooting community in the States.

Ah well, just wait until the 1st ad appears for real magpul stuff here, 200% mark up anyone? :(

Absolutely no profiteering here as per the rules lads so any of that that starts up it will surely be shot down?

• Advertisement

Absolutely, just thinking (or should that be typing?) out loud that there are bound to be one or two that will try it on? :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully pts will start making other polymer based mids (hint hint the socom gear mags for starters..) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Protecting the brand me arse. Clone magpul equipment will be around for many a moon to come. They can replicate anything they want even you......:eek: and will continue to do so long after PTS are "gone" hence not really protecting their brand but making a mockery of it.

If the "rumours" and that is what they are, are true then their is with out a doubt a bigger reason for this rather than his clone malark, as like I said people who buy magpul equipment buy it for a reason.

I doubt PTS would be overly happy with an employee leaking quite substantial bit of information on what is one of the biggest airsoft forums on the globe.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Absolutely no profiteering here as per the rules lads so any of that that starts up it will surely be shot down?

I don't think it'd count as profiteering, though. An item's rarity can be factored in for value. If you buy a clone M4 for €100, and sell it for €150, then sure, that's profiteering. If you buy a Masada for €400, then sell it for €450 because they're now a collectors item, then that's a whole other ball game.

This reads like it doesn't matter man, rare or not

Profiteering:
    What is Profiteering?
    Profiteering is selling an item above RRP because it's scarce in supply and / or in high demand and is not permitted.

If you believe someone is profiteering then please report the post and include a link to where the exact same item can normally be purchased for less. This must take into account any VAT / import duties / transport charges / downgrading / accessories - basically it must be a price for the exact same item being offered here, delivered in Ireland and fully legal. If the mods agree then we will post those fact on thread. Do not take it upon yourself to post on our behalf.

But if they're not made/sold anywhere, there's no RRP. It's not scarcity, it's total lack thereof. It was happening long before Magpul hopped into airsoft with both feet; people buying first edition PTS parts for way more than RRP because there was no other option.

NakedDex wrote: »
    But if they're not made/sold anywhere, there's no RRP. It's not scarcity, it's total lack thereof. It was happening long before Magpul hopped into airsoft with both feet; people buying first edition PTS parts for way more than RRP because there was no other option.

True I suppose man, I thank God everyday I'm not a magpul or m4/m16 lover. Seems to save me money :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dex is right there. If they're *in theory* not being sold retail anymore then it would probably not fall under the profiteering rule.

God, I love being right all the time. You'd think it'd get boring, but no.

I think there should be an eye kept on this when it does happen (and it will). Some will be willing to pay above the RRP, while others will not and could argue profiteering just to drive the price down. Collectors and Magpul nuts will be willing to pay more than average to secure it, where "normal" people will always see it as a used item.

What'll be interesting in the short term (and to somewhat drag this back on topic) will be how retailers react with regard to stocking and prices. There's a whole other way to profiteer right there. It wouldn't shock me to see an extra €50 being slapped on to their AEG's by some stores, and items like stocks get a 10-20% bump in price. Demand will surely increase, despite falling supply, so it follows that the price will too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, if/when that happens then the pain will also be spotting the clones being passed off as genuine. :(

• Advertisement

The special thing with Magpul was always the feel. The clones could copy the design down to the millimetre, but you can tell a clone from the real deal by simply holding it. Thicker material, better finish, heavier feel, NRP instead of plastics. It'd be very difficult to pick the two apart in pictures, though. There'll be a serious market for counterfeit (ie, clones going for Magpul money) around the time where the scarcity kicks off, but it'll eventually be outweighed by straight clone sales.

Advertisement