Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

The AK-12 is moving closer to active service in Russia — only state testing planned for spring 2013 remains. Russia’s Defense Ministry has stockpiles of AK-74 ammunition and prefers not to change the caliber of the rifle. Meanwhile, arms experts predict the AK-12 will face stiff competition, at home and abroad, from earlier AK models.
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

whydave wrote: »
    The AK-12 is moving closer to active service in Russia — only state testing planned for spring 2013 remains. Russia’s Defense Ministry has stockpiles of AK-74 ammunition and prefers not to change the caliber of the rifle. Meanwhile, arms experts predict the AK-12 will face stiff competition, at home and abroad, from earlier AK models.
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic

LINK

That thing needs to be burned and its ashes thrown of the highest cliff that is the incarnation of an m4 and an Ak mating,

My eyes cannot see what has been seen and that is blasphamous towards all AK's.

Dave why whydave??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

ak-12-02.jpg
    Interesting how pretty much every accessory hanging off that fugly thing is western in origin. Its a sign of both how much the west has leaped ahead in weapons technology after over a decade of infantry based warfare in Afghanistan and Iraq, and/or how the Russians have slipped behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Back to the whole magpul pts debate ,
    If I'm correct the new pts erg range is just a kwa rebrand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

whydave wrote: »

Special price for special folks!

Jk.

As with erg, yeah it's kwa as far as I know. Would hate if the reason it's been delayed so long is because of magpul making a deal for it to just be for them.

CpcRc wrote: »
    Special price for special folks!

Jk.

As with erg, yeah it's kwa as far as I know. Would hate if the reason it's been delayed so long is because of magpul making a deal for it to just be for them.

Its just going to be a money making scam ,
    They will sell for double the original kwa price just because we get a magpul logo stamped on a receiver
    Add the fact the both love proclaiming there made in the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

sliabh wrote: »
    Interesting how pretty much every accessory hanging off that fugly thing is western in origin. Its a sign of both how much the west has leaped ahead in weapons technology after over a decade of infantry based warfare in Afghanistan and Iraq, and/or how the Russians have slipped behind.

correction all the accessory's are western, the foundation is still an ak............;)

ok enough with trying to wind people up, the reality is that i think that is one of the internal units very different from the regular army

but on a serious not, you're correct nothing pushes development forward further and faster than an active conflict, and why try and reinvent the wheel other military forces might as well benefit from all of the lessons learned over the last decade of combat (not just russians you can see it in a large number of country, just seems to show up more with russian as they have had that tendency to stubbornly stick in house to there own detriment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Gatling wrote: »
    Its just going to be a money making scam ,
    They will sell for double the original kwa price just because we get a magpul logo stamped on a receiver
    Add the fact the both love proclaiming there made in the USA

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=14900

Minimum advertisable price enforced by manufacturer at $380

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Plus it's hard to know what's going on in KWA, the whole Kris's fiasco was meant to have been a "miscommunication" and the Kriss is still widely available, will the deal with Magpul go belly up too?

• Advertisement

They've been touting the ERG line since 2010 all of a sudden it's branded as PTS and the world wants one ,
    A few bits of plastic isn't going to change it bar the price ,

The Kriss situation is interesting agreement ditched after the gbb is released thought it was an odd one ,
    Maybe kriss didn't like the magpul range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Gatling wrote: »
    They've been touting the ERG line since 2010 all of a sudden it's branded as PTS and the world wants one ,
    A few bits of plastic isn't going to change it bar the price ,

The Kriss situation is interesting agreement ditched after the gbb is released thought it was an odd one ,
    Maybe kriss didn't like the magpul range

The ERG was going to have Magpul furniture from the near get go wasn't really a recent thing, due to KWA's "relationship" with real steel counterparts that they love to brag about.

I do agree though, defo an odd one whatever the reason for stalling its release. Anyone that knows KWA's products (includes self) would be wise to avoid the gen1 ERG's and wait until they have the kinks worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

Russiangun_zps72dbee61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You owe me a crime scene cleanup crew. That image is the visual equivalent of the "brown note". Only with added vomiting. And bleeding eyes.

Seriously, this place is a mess now.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

Haha, once the cleanup crew are finished here i'll send them up to ya! It'd be actually quite entertaining if you turned up at a skirmish and people actually **** themselves at the sight of this gun.

I'd leave the game on principle.

I don't actually get it ,

Lazy engineering ,bad design

At least design something original

To be fair, it's fairly original. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. Hydrogen powered airships were also fairly original, though. Not every idea is a good one.

NakedDex wrote: »
    To be fair, it's fairly original. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. Hydrogen powered airships were also fairly original, though. Not every idea is a good one.

I'll disagree on the original point (eeeek)

Take an ak move the trigger forward leave the rest as it was ,
    Didn't the Chinese already do a decent looking bullpup ak
    Type --

Reminds of the horrid AR 5-7 for some strange reason

You're thinking of the Type 97b. The Type 95/97 series was a ground-up design that borrowed from existing bull pups. It's even a NATO standard 5.56 calibre.
    That... abomination, is just a horrendously hacked AK. It's not even remotely hidden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Score as it follows.

Dex 1- Gatling 0

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

It's a replica of the OTs-14 Groza, except RS uses 9x39mm.

I think I'm going to get one of these and rail/magpul the feck out of it. So that way ignorant Capitalists and Purists alike will vomit when I turn up to a game :D

I'm quitting this game. I don't even want to risk seeing it in person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Adverts.ie have launched their Airsoft category.
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/sports-fitness/airsoft-accessories/763

Guns aren't allowed, just clothing / accessories. I'm chasing them for the free signup credit they promised for Airsoft forum users :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Aldi are at it again with the fishing gear...

Of interest to airsofters are the cargo pants (13euro) and fleece jacket for a tenner. The colour is more Sherwood Forest than olive drab, but the fleece looks like a great mid-layer to go with any green-dominant camo. There are also field boots, neoprene socks and the kit bag at 15 euro is still useful for pistols and small accessories.

I suppose fishermen people (Hi Kim!) might like some of the other stuff too.

gr-ia-ef4.jpg
    You're looking at the first gas Lee-Enfield No.1 MkIII Airsoft Rifle in the world! This beautiful WWII Airsoft Replica has been brought to the USA by Matrix Airsoft. The Matrix Lee-Enfield No.1 MkIII is for the true WWII re-enactor, collector, and for all Airsoft enthusiasts. With a gorgeous real wood stock, and a full metal bolt assembly this rifle was made to take a beating, not just sit on the shelf and look pretty. The Matrix Lee-Enfield No.1 MkIII also comes with a heavy weight full metal magazine to add to the realism.
    $320.00 $299.00

gbb-ghk-g5.jpg
    $295.00
    GHK G5 Airsoft Hard Kick Gas Blowback GBB Rifle
    Features:
    DuPont High Strength Polymer Construction
    Full Metal Internal hard-kick and reliable blowback system
    Front RIS Assembly great for Tactical Accessories
    Retractable Side-folding Stock
    Flip-up Front and Rear Sights
    Realistic Hard Recoil
    Integrated Bolt Lock Function (Locks back when out of rounds)
    Full Length Top Rail great for Optics
    Length: 465mm / 630mm-690mm (Folded / Adjustable)
    Weight: 1980g
    Inner Barrel: ~210mm
    Magazine Capacity: 40rds
    Muzzle Velocity: 350~370 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs and Green Gas)
    Thread Direction: 14mm Negtive
    Gas Type: Green Gas, Propane
    Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety
    Package Includes: Gun, Magazine
    Hopup: Yes, Adjustable
    Manufacturer: GHK

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

That GHK has been round for a while :P

Anyway, good video of the Tokyo Marui M870 in action:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

That GHK has been round for a while :P

Anyway, good video of the Tokyo Marui M870 in action:

The action sounds very good!. I just do not get gas shotguns though especially non shell ejecting ones, you can get a decent springer like a G&P cheaper, no need for gas, less maintenance blah blah, only thing you are missing is the pssst of the gas exiting the barrel.

• Advertisement

That GHK has been round for a while

Still Cool !

Advertisement