Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

tv3 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask as its probaly not part of this thread,but were is the best place to get a second hand airsoft beretta etc??

you can post ere and say what you want and someone might have what you need
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=934

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Cheapbatterypacks.com sell the Elite cells - Best battery cells everrrrr!

reason i shop there :) 2000 mha elite cells make lovely ak batterys :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Just noticed this on tacticalgeardepot.com,
    http://tacticalgeardepot.com/
    notics.jpg

Duno what the deal is behind it, reminds me of the whole ebaybanned "going wholesale only" thing last year..,

More news on the Classic Army Blowback system too, If this doesnt put people off buying Classic Army cr@p, i dunno what will.,lol
    Notice the bolt catch doesn't always return to the fully forward position like its supposed to? it over spins and rests in the retracted position. This could most likely mean the mechanism is directly attached to the piston as apposed to the system G&G are using with the separate blowback cylinder. So weather or not it uses a regular type of piston isn't known yet but if its doesn't, thats a really silly move by CA since their pistons are a very common failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

"blow back"

Sound so dramatic, yet in reality, it often means "little metal plate shuffle"

OMG its the new CA with LMPS and new reinforced cheddar piston!

rofl.,

Actually sam, your an AK fan, have ya seen TM range of blowback AEG's? there actually pretty impressive. the G&G is pretty much a clacking rattle and only really for show. it makes a deadly noise though,.

CA looks like it could be a copy of the VFC AK type design, thats only a guess from seeing it fire though.
    I heard the other day that there was a Marushin or Maruzen XM177 blowback, has anyone else ever heard this?

• Advertisement

the tm aks have the v1 recoil and blowback engine i believe , there rather nice to fire, kick is not massive put its noticeable and gives a nice amount of feedback

Yeah, dboys use vfc style, cyma are starting to also.

The old TM ak construction is crap, its nothing like a real one with four little stupid screw holding the trunnion into the receiver, and they are exposed, even worse, used to mount rails to, ffs, and it only suits an ak47 style milled receiver, any ak74 bodies they do, are kinda weird looking.
    The VFC is more desireable to copy, and buy, so I'd say the cloners are all moving that way.

Theres been LMPS(I'm using that from now on) kits for aks for a while, attached to the piston jobs, and they can be made easiliy enough too.

EBB though, the g&g style seems better, but is a bit complicated for a superficial end product, if they got a recipricating weight going also, that would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

VFC AKM + GHK GBB Kit + GHK 7.62 Style Mags + Daytonagun Steel parts set = WIN.

PLEASE PLEASSSSEEEE RELEASE THOSE MAGS NOW.

Beast ASI wrote: »

Ratatatatatatatatat........

The old TM ak construction is crap, its nothing like a real one with four little stupid screw holding the trunnion into the receiver, and they are exposed, even worse, used to mount rails to, ffs, and it only suits an ak47 style milled receiver, any ak74 bodies they do, are kinda weird looking.

I wouldnt be that harsh on it, it is after all the first "real" electric blow back and it works very well. the only down side to them in my opinion is the really tight space for the battery. most regular 8.4v mini's need a slight bit of modding to fit nicely.

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    I wouldnt be that harsh on it, it is after all the first "real" electric blow back and it works very well. the only down side to them in my opinion is the really tight space for the battery. most regular 8.4v mini's need a slight bit of modding to fit nicely.

I meant the old jobs, I havn't tried the new ebb.

I went on a rant as all the cloners did the tm style also, and its really head wreckin.

what like this ........

well close enough :)

That sounds great but actually looks like there isn't much recoil in it?, Is it just the camera? Id defo be interested in your opinions on it. I was thinkin about building one of these GBB AK's for a VietCong loadout. (dont ask me which, all AK's are the same to me., :p)

What kinda FPS are you getting? Should do a review on it actually.,

Yes the sound is lovely, the recoil is comparable to a stock WA m4 with a gas friendly temperature, the recoil is noticeable and something you would have to take into consideration when skirmishing with it, fps is 280 - 300, with DIY modification to limit the power, im hoping ra tech will release an adjustable value as they have for the mq m4.

I will freely admit im a gbb rifle novice, but have been lucky enough to talk with a few people who know a look about this side the sport and come from a classic airsoft background.

Thanks to paul who has been working away processing some videos for the site and shop.

Thats impressive, even looks like a real AK inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Puding, that is unreal! Having messed around with the internals of a rs AKM, I can tell you that that's freakishly spot on :cool: Well done man.

I want one!

Puding, I hate you. Just to let you know.....

I hate GHK. For not making 7.62 mags......

*Cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Just in case all the magpul sluts here haven't seen it ebaybanned have the MOE handgrips in stock at the min, $41.75 delivered and that includes the RIS rails and delivery not too bad, just order one with a new outer barel for my of Dboys M4SD, should make it look kinda different

yup, i ordered them last week., will post back on their quality when they arrive., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Hudson Grease gun in stock at WGC.

Ares_prerelease_Tavor_01.jpg
    Ares_prerelease_Tavor_02.jpg
    Ares_prerelease_Tavor_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

mmm... Tavor goodness!!! I hear the TSI version is almost ready as well as the ARES version and will supposedly be cheaper too. However it won't come with the mars sight so I suppose there is the price explanation. An Eotech will look almost as good anyway for those "cheap skates" who don't wanna splash $600 odd for the ARES. Roll on consumer choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Puding, I hate you. Just to let you know.....

I hate GHK. For not making 7.62 mags......

*Cries*

Next mag release from GHK will be 5.45 Bakelites. 7.62 mags will be coming later when they've raised a bit more funds from sales to develope them. Happy days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mmm... Tavor goodness!!! I hear the TSI version is almost ready as well as the ARES version and will supposedly be cheaper too. However it won't come with the mars sight so I suppose there is the price explanation. An Eotech will look almost as good anyway for those "cheap skates" who don't wanna splash $600 odd for the ARES. Roll on consumer choice.

TSI are doing the sight aswell. It costs about 500-600 just for the sight from what I could google. That may explain why the TSI AEG does not come with it as standard.

That Ares CTAR looks real nice though.

TSI mars sight cost so much because its the real unit, as far as im aware there planing on releasing a cheaper repo model

source:
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/4667

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

another thing about the TSI tavor they'll be looking for around 900us for the complete package ,thats coming from the enquires i made last year about the tavor they were developing at the time

there have been the odd mars sights being sold for around 400us 2nd hand might explain some of the cost of the package

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

and now for something a little odd ,
    viper have released a range of vests and chest rigs in digital dpm ,
    just came across this on flecktarn digital dpm bdu's

dpdcs1na500a.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's been out for a while.

It's almost as bad as Pukeflauge.

Advertisement