Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

OzCam wrote: »
    Dunnes??!?! You're kidding aren't you?

You'll spend 100s of euro on yet another gun, yet begrudge spending money on the only serious bit of protection an airsofter really needs? Are you out of your mind or what?

Most of us are lucky to still have two eyes. That's all you're issued with and replacements will not be available for a decade or two yet.

Normal safety glasses are good enough for changing springs in a workshop, and that's all they're designed for. Spend the money and get some proper goggles.

Goggles are much cheaper then guns obviously, that point does not even need explaining.

Safety glasses are used in alot more then airsoft. Airsoft was probably not even thought of when they were made and sold. So being a little niche that we are, and can avail of these sort of savings, it is not something I would sniff at.

€140 ESS turbos or €10 glasses? I know my choice.

As I tell everyone, a basic set of goggles/glasses can be fog free if you just look after them with the age old washing up liquid and kitchen towel. I'm using it for YEARSSS. My lidl glasses are my no.1, and if they fog slighty? shake of the head and its clear. My flackjacks are the same, they just look better.

I've taken NUMEROUS hits to my lidl glasses, including a 203 nade from about 8 feet, and they are not even scratched.

Less of the scare mongering : /

Save money and buy bogey AK's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Well here it comes, gas blow backs, that use AEG mags!!! a blessing....

also uses the hardest recoil system put on a gbb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Dirty great big air hose going into it though, which implies CO2 rather than good old fashioned green. I'll stick with the TM EBB's and WA/WE/G&P/SG/Inokatsu GBB's. Sure they take special mags, but they also don't need an external feed.

Also, I'm with Oz on this one. As someone who's seen some nasty eye injuries first hand, I've seen just how little it takes to cause something horrifying. There's a difference between budget safety and cheap safety. I'd have no faith in those glasses, despite what past performance to date may say. A good set of eye protection isn't that expensive and will last you indefinitely. Guarder C4's, for example, are purpose built for the job with all the right certification and a user-option of full seal or not (for those who prefer less fogging to more safety). They're available for as little as €40.
    It's the equivalent of putting cheap bb's into your mags or getting cheap battery packs. Sure it'll work, for now. It'll bite you in the ass eventually though.

An extra few quid for the proper kit isn't going to hurt you, not spending it could though.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Dirty great big air hose going into it though, which implies CO2 rather than good old fashioned green. I'll stick with the TM EBB's and WA/WE/G&P/SG/Inokatsu GBB's. Sure they take special mags, but they also don't need an external feed.

its only a start dex....theres always room for progress...until you remember our weather conditions lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

That's only the Daytonagun ones - They've been out for years :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    You could apply that logic to anything though sam, what if we had a car on sale today that was exactly as it was designed 60 years ago, would it be as good as the mondeo's and corrolla's of today? i very much doubt it., :)
    The AK is a gun that can be improved apon but its appeal is its cheap production costs and mass produceability. If the russians were nearly as advanced with technology as the americans i have no doubt they'd be a the stage of welding an RIS to everything. :)

60 year old car versus 60 year old gun?

The ak line has been updated every 10 years or so, because the first one worked so well, they had the ability to improve them along the way without reinventing the wheel. The yoke you are on about hasn't been used since the 50's.

The AK line has been developed for 60 or so years by the russian small arms industry, and is used the world over. Slapping all that work in a polymer receiver isnt an achievement in any sence of the word, its just marketing.

re: glasses posts

Anyone who remebers the LIDL glasses will remeber I was against them.

I read richies post and bought a pair, and tested them and they failed.

I made a point of saying that people should test them first, and risk their eyes if they saw fit.

I tested these glasses, the frames and lenses survived joule bbs at point blank.
    They are polycarbonate lenses, thick ones, and wont break, the only thing id worry about is the frames and lenses staying in, which they did.

Saying test them yourself, they aren't airsoft specific and be wary of that is all that needs to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

60 year old car versus 60 year old gun?

The ak line has been updated every 10 years or so, because the first one worked so well, they had the ability to improve them along the way without reinventing the wheel. The yoke you are on about hasn't been used since the 50's.

The AK line has been developed for 60 or so years by the russian small arms industry, and is used the world over. Slapping all that work in a polymer receiver isnt an achievement in any sence of the word, its just marketing.

hmm, i was wrong about you, you are still a fanboi... :p

whats wrong with a polymer receiver? Have you ever had a real steel one blow up on ya while lighting up targets? I fail to see the bad points in making a gun from polymer, when all the most hi tech arms manufacturers are doing it, bar the Russian Neanderthals. Ive no doubt that if someone like magpul or H&K took on the job of overhauling the AK in the same manor as the 416 then it would come out a far superior weapon, probably using a load of this "plastic" you speak of. Lets be honest, the technology in an AK is ancient, no matter how many tweaks they give it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

hmm, i was wrong about you, you are still a fanboi... :p

whats wrong with a polymer receiver? Have you ever had a real steel one blow up on ya while lighting up targets? I fail to see the bad points in making a gun from polymer, when all the most hi tech arms manufacturers are doing it, bar the Russian Neanderthals. Ive no doubt that if someone like magpul or H&K took on the job of overhauling the AK in the same manor as the 416 then it would come out a far superior weapon, probably using a load of this "plastic" you speak of. Lets be honest, the technology in an AK is ancient, no matter how many tweaks they give it.:)

still work's tho

The modern AKs out perfom alot of modern rifles on a budget.

stamped steel is used because its cheap and easy, when its done right as in modern guns, its as good as anything else.

My point is the AK pattern has done its job for years, magpul are just doing their typical make it out of plastic and market it like mad tactic. And some people buy into that...

I prefer utilitarian designs, wood, and steel!

Remeber the russians used synthetic mags since the 50's, where was magpul then? Maybe making babies rattles in tan or something!

• Advertisement

moggser wrote: »
    still work's tho

so does a pair of walking crutches with 12gauge shotgun cartriges in it. :D

point being it doesn't work better than all the rifles that sam has a hatred for. which is pretty much anything made in the last 30 years. :D

point being it doesn't work better than all the rifles that sam has a hatred for. which is pretty much anything made in the last 30 years. :D

ak74m ak101 ak102 ak103 ak104,5,7,8?

edit: request gucci vs utilitarian forum for off topicness, lol!

sure sam see's it as if it dont apoxy resign on it it aint worth anything

moggser wrote: »
    sure sam see's it as if it dont apoxy resign on it it aint worth anything

Its just poxy without epoxy, hur hur hur...

I'll have to post up the pic of the akm slant flash hider I made out of electrical tape! Ah to be a student, and broke, its not funny actually, I'm hungry :(

I'll make an epoxy sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

For the people who think AKs are primitive- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWOoUsE3-Q0 , skip to 3:10.

Sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

always wanted a an94 ever since stalker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Puding wrote: »
    always wanted a an94 ever since stalker :)

With the two round burst option included with the full auto.

always weanted an AN94 ever since seeing that spetsnaz dude in blue camo hopping side to side using 2 round burst lol....bad ass looking guh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

shows how much you know about RS physics, stick to fixin toys:D:D:D

aks dump all over m4s & their varients.
    especially the masada:D

aks sluts you can fook,
    not little m4 virgins you have to be gentle with.

back on topic

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3462

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

elsi wrote: »

aks sluts you can fook,

back on topic

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3462

nice

Fail...Masada isn't an m4 varient:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

rsov have an sr25 by jing gong on the website, plastic body though.

WTF is with JG and plastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ive wanted an an94 since i played metal gear solid 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

elsi wrote: »

aks sluts you can fook,

You may have smiles all over that but i don't like the tone esp considering past history wilth remarks about RS physics.

And as for AK's and M4's? At leats an M4 can hit a barn at 100m with the first round, with an AK you have to walk it on using the whole mag!

Luckily its all Airsoft and that doesn't make a blind bit of diference so let that be the end of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Blay wrote: »
    Fail...Masada isn't an m4 varient:rolleyes:

Looks like an M4.
    Fires like an M4.
    Same controls as an M4...
    It's a duck!

Actually the controls are closer to that of a G36 or SCAR. Raised, ambidextrous and off center selection.
    The Masada isn't a variant of anything, anymore than the Tavor is or the FN2000. There's such thing in the world as innovation, it usually occurs when you start from scratch with an original idea that improves on everything before it in it's class. But AK fanatics wouldn't know about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Actually the controls are closer to that of a G36 or SCAR..

Hence why its known also as a scarty-6

Who calls it that? I've been around the block, rifle slang wise, and I've never once heard anyone say that?

Who calls it that? I've been around the block, rifle slang wise, and I've never once heard anyone say that?

ask richie

from a safe distance

• Advertisement

lol., I think all credit for that one goes to moggy., although i'll hit you with my masada if you say it to my face again., :D

Advertisement