Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No I got all black, thats just to show the promotional package, thenyou can click the menu link to see the rest.

That pack is cool enough though
    Bit of every colour.

Now...ranger plates.

Just for info

x10 Magpul Pmag 75rnd Economy plastic Stanag Mags

€73 euro incl express shipping

Not bad at all.

There my milsim and pr3 mags sorted, might even use them the odd time skirmishing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

That's not what I mean. Those aren't Magpul mags.
    Without sounding like I'm being elitist about who makes my PMags, those Green Label versions are made under licence of exterior design only by Star. And they're rubbish. I've broken two already (I mean the actual mag has broken in two), three of them don't actually feed and none of them have extended followers.
    The plastic quality on them is abysmal, you'd literally put a bb through it from close range. There's also no texturing on it like on the proper PMags.

I've a box of them here that I've never even bothered to take out beyond when I was testing them. Incidentally, all five issues above were suffered inside an hour of testing them at home. One of them shattered when dropped on concrete, the other's body split across the side after falling from a workbench.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd cancel that. I'll bring a few of the mags on Saturday to show you what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Yup, those are the Star versions. The same as ebaybanned (5 for $40 delivered eventually:p)
    I got some of them and so far no problems, except the 30 rd ones dont fit in a VFC 416 due to the mag angle. Fit in all my other M4's tho. No feed probs yet and painted them in a texture paint to match the real(er) ones. Not bad for the money so far...:rolleyes:

The problem with the real caps, and it's the reason I don't use them, is follower. You'll actually only get 26 rounds out of a 30 round mag due to the distance from the feed nozzle to the firing position in the hop chamber. Had the followers been extended like they're supposed to be on real caps, they wouldn't be half as bad in my eyes. It's a huge flaw in my eyes, and one that could have been so easily fixed. Four rounds missing doesn't sound like much, but that's 40 over the load of ten mags you'd take into a milsim game. In essence, over a full mag missing.

NakedDex wrote: »
    The problem with the real caps, and it's the reason I don't use them, is follower. You'll actually only get 26 rounds out of a 30 round mag due to the distance from the feed nozzle to the firing position in the hop chamber. Had the followers been extended like they're supposed to be on real caps, they wouldn't be half as bad in my eyes. It's a huge flaw in my eyes, and one that could have been so easily fixed. Four rounds missing doesn't sound like much, but that's 40 over the load of ten mags you'd take into a milsim game. In essence, over a full mag missing.

I purchased the 75 rnd ones, wonder if there is any issues?

Are you sure they are Star?

I'll wait till they come to my home then open up my consumer rights knowledge and go ape**** at them. Under no menu or writing does they say they are Star, they have the magpul logo clearly advertised and the pics have magpul trades.

As I just type I see a small image in the corner, click on it, and says they have been made in conjunction with magpul and star, and both are distributing.

O well I' will see how they go, if i try them and they are pants, ill just use them as props. Reading reviews worldwide and 99% of them seem fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'll wait till they come to my home then open up my consumer rights knowledge and go ape**** at them. Under no menu or writing does they say they are Star, they have the magpul logo clearly advertised and the pics have magpul trades.

You bought from China ... you have to rights capitalist pig-dog :p

You bought from China ... you have to rights capitalist pig-dog :p

haha yeah

On second thoughts theres about two chances of getting anything done, I'm sure they will be fine.

Sure when do I break anything?

:P

You might be alright. All I know is that mine are worse than useless. And they feel like retardedly bad quality plastics. All the "Green Label" PMags are Star.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Aidans ones look good., might be a first batch thing with yours dex., :)

Anyone want a Metal M4 receiver for 9 quid? Bargain

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1643
    kit_0069_0.jpg

Looks like they have the MP44 instock too., :)
    gun_0431_00.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I wonder what they blurred out on that m4 receiver?

Looks like a skull and cross bones, must be one of the poisonous lead receviers the EU tried to ban so we didnt eat them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks like a skull and cross bones, must be one of the poisonous lead receviers the EU tried to ban so we didnt eat them :D

Tis this:
    pdi_patriot_29.jpg

If ya have a look at the link there, what their doing is flogging them off as "random markings" so when ya buy it you dont know what markings its going to have on it. Id say the blurring was to avoid confusion for people who bought it and found it different to the pics.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MADBULL crawler inner barrels ,version 2 tightbore that take's 100 fps off any aeg without having to open the mech box for downgrades sounds pretty intresting , handy for trips overseas and downgrading hot guns

Gatling wrote: »
    MADBULL creeper inner barrels ,version 2 tightbore that take's 100 fps off any aeg without having to open the mech box for downgrades sounds pretty intresting , handy for trips overseas and downgrading hot guns

for what it will cost it will be cheaper to get a downgrade and reap the benefits of a quieter gun and higher rate of fire since the gun wont be compressing the stronger spring. cant imagine it being too popular.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Shame, cant get extra mags for the MP44 just yet.
    The thing is guna need a down grade too. Where is my MG34??

the mags are 500rd hicaps i think, its a shame they didn't just make it a simpler midcap type. FPS readings from numerous sources vary from 320 to 450-500. I suppose it all depends on where ya get it really.,

Yeah saw that crawler barrel, read about all the effort they put in, at just thoought what a waste.

Lower fps, AND rof, while increasing wear and tear, oh pleeeeez, can I have one?

If ye can replace a barrel ye can replace a spring, if you need to tune fps you own a chrono, you can open a gearbox.

Its the equivilant of drilling a hole in the airnozzle, players want efficient guns, not crawler barrels, which is likely just a barrel with a load of air holes in it, because if it uses friction, it would fcuk up your hop setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Have to agree, holes on a barrel nozel or any other part of a gearbox are not the way to downgrade, any downgrade technique should not be easyly reversed with the simple aplication of a bit of tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Where is my MG34??

I wouldn't hold my breath if i were you..............from what i hear no one will be seein hide nor hair of it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks like G&G have released their Sig SG 550.

http://www.tmt.ch/airsoft/?pid=2776&c=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Front of your AEG not heavy enough?
    Jesse ^_^ not responding to you're emails?

You need Large Lump of Metal!
    Only $39.40/€31.22 to your door! You love it long time!!!!

STRYKER%20M4%20FLASH%20HIDER%20a.jpg

Aha! I've actually been looking for that front end without having to pay an unholy fortune for the shipping. Awesome. Tenderiser here I come.

Yeah, I'm doing a "Swordfish" MP5 over the summer. Its a verion off that that fits in a similar way to the SD bit on the SD range of 5's. With the right rail covers and a small optic it looks legend:p

Now you can make any gun look as bad as a hi-capa dragon, woot!

Gonna get me some aug with a c-mag, slap me up some swordfish on it, and wave it in the air like I just don't care!

AUgliest Gun Evar!

Gonna get me some aug with a c-mag, slap me up some swordfish on it, and wave it in the air like I just don't care!

+1

It just makes me sad that so many people will probably think the same thing but without the sarcasm:(

dt0201fir00018001me5.jpg

Rofl,

There are things called rails, and things called flash hiders, they tend to be quite lightweight, and function very well.

Now, when some chap decided to add a kilogram of metal linking these parts for aesthetic* effect, he didn't really improve anything, despite what army of two would have us believe, it wont increase our damage or accuracy.

It says alot that that kit is designed for a stubby killer, the stooputust gun you'll ever be hosed with at a game.

Ok, enough ranting, must calm down, get some sleep...

despite what army of two would have us believe, it wont increase our damage or accuracy.

It just means you're pretty much guaranteed to break your foot if ye accidentally drop it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

dt0201fir00018001me5.jpg

I think that actually looks pretty cool, maybe if it wasn't so mp5ish though, think it needs a different looking mag. Have you a pic with the stock not folded?

Advertisement