Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

lochdara wrote: »
    Air is 79% oxygen 20% nitrogen and the rest mixed gas....

the gasses and percentages you gave are right... just wrongly together im afraid.

Oxygen = 20%
    Nitrogen = 79%
    Carbon Dioxide + Water + Dust, etc = 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    the gasses and percentages you gave are right... just wrongly together im afraid.

Oxygen = 20%
    Nitrogen = 79%
    Carbon Dioxide + Water + Dust, etc = 1%

oppss silly me... stupid typo and i edited it twice.

I can use up to 40% oxygen in scuba and thats how i know its so dangerous.
    one thing i cant understand.. how can you get a refill station for €50.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    High preasure air is Nitrogen, used in scuba tanks. Some classic airsofters call it Nitrogen because it sounds cooler :pac:

I don't know if a scuba shop would refill a Paintball/Airsoft tank Sam although it'd be dead handy if they would. If not I'll have to buy a 15l scuba tank, 250 euro, a refill station for 50 euro and risk filling it myself. A slight risk since I think scuba tanks have a slightly higher BAR rating.

and here was me thinking it was going to be pressurised pure nitrogen, because he referred to HPA & nitrogen as seperate rigs.

elitest scum.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

oppss silly me... stupid typo and i edited it twice.

I can use up to 40% oxygen in scuba and thats how i know its so dangerous.
    one thing i cant understand.. how can you get a refill station for €50.

They've been available for years and used by the classic airsoft community. A locking system that attaches to the scuba tank, it has a pressure gauge and a bleed-off release valve.

There's a few videos on youtube of 3000 PSI tanks being filled from a 15L using the station.

The biggest problem with filling by this method is diminishing returns with each fill. About 300 PSI less each time.

and here was me thinking it was going to be pressurised pure nitrogen, because he referred to HPA & nitrogen as seperate rigs.

elitest scum.:pac:

I hope that isn't dirrected at me? I do agree though, people shouldn't use different names for the same system, it's too easy to confuse people and probably one of the reasons external rigs can't really find a place in modern airsoft.

Most of the posting on classicairsoft.net seems to always assume the reader already knows everything there is to know about rigs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

They've been available for years and used by the classic airsoft community. A locking system that attaches to the scuba tank, it has a pressure gauge and a bleed-off release valve.

There's a few videos on youtube of 3000 PSI tanks being filled from a 15L using the station.

The biggest problem with filling by this method is diminishing returns with each fill. About 300 PSI less each time.

Ah okay.... well get ur scuba cert and ur away in a hack.. click my link below if ur dublin/wicklow based. a fill is about 5=10 euro depending if ur a member.
    a compressor cost 2k

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I hope that isn't dirrected at me? I do agree though, people shouldn't use different names for the same system, it's too easy to confuse people and probably one of the reasons external rigs can't really find a place in modern airsoft.

Most of the posting on classicairsoft.net seems to always assume the reader already knows everything there is to know about rigs :(

no the lads calling air nitrogen to sound cooler.

more GBB goodness
    http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_product.asp?idproduct=1331#top

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Air is 79% oxygen 20% nitrogen and the rest mixed gas....
    Guys you wont have a chance of getting a reputible dive shop to fill tanks without a dive licence and a cyliner that is within its test time,
    Also filling yourself is highly dangerous unless your trained to do it. oxygen is highly flamable and messing with it could spell disaster.

For your info on pressure, tanks are either 232bar or 300 bar..

If the cylinder is in test any one will fill it.

You can buy a hand pump, A manual pump fills the tank much slower than a scuba tank. It takes about 75 pump strokes to raise the pressure in the Talon tank from 2,500 to 3,000. That's about 15 pump strokes per 100 pounds of pressure increase. http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/talon/8.fill-from-pump.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Just to point out, Oxygen under pressure is fantasticly explosive and will react with ANYTHING, the cylinders that hold it have to be perfectly clean, even a drop of oil will cause unpleasantness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Speaking of Nitrogen !!! check this place
    out : http://www.airsoftgasblowbacks.com/photos.html

I stuck a post on the IAA forums asking about this.
    I did not want to post it here in case it went against
    the board charter.

Thread is here:
    http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=231

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

hrta wrote: »
    If the cylinder is in test any one will fill it.

You can buy a hand pump, A manual pump fills the tank much slower than a scuba tank. It takes about 75 pump strokes to raise the pressure in the Talon tank from 2,500 to 3,000. That's about 15 pump strokes per 100 pounds of pressure increase. http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/talon/8.fill-from-pump.jpg

Don't forget that the air in a SCUBA tank is dry. This is to prevent (amongst other things) corrosion internally in the tank. The compressors used to fill the tanks dry the air, so its worth noting that a handpump on its own won't remove moisture from the air.

As well as the periodic hydrostatic test a tank has to undergo an internal visual inspection yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

mgw_isa_ww2_3103.jpg
    MGW and ISA: Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI and M1903A3/A4
    Impressive WW2 hand made replicas, news courtesy of Jeremiah:

MGW and ISA is a small cottage industry custom WW2 airsoft gun producer created with the goal of building high quality WW2 replicas at a price that is affordable.

Each and every replica I build is built by hand on an order to order basis, there is no mass production here and I offer picture updates of customers orders as per their request so you can actually see the progress of your rifle from start to finish!

The Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI will be available for purchase late May and the M1903A3/A4 Springfield’s will be available for purchase in mid June.

Prices are $450 for an Enfield and $450-$500 for a Springfield depending on what version you purchase.

Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI rifle

Finally and Enfield replica that wont break the bank! This rifle features all metal hardware hand built from aluminum, a full wood and plastic stock painted in an extremely realistic wood faux finish and working L flip rear iron sight. The rifle comes standard with a 30rnd magazine, speed loader, it shoots at about 450fps and features a fully adjustable hop-up.

Each replica is extremely durable and designed so that the rifle can be fully disassembled for what ever reason, it can actually be field stripped in the same manner as the real Lee-Enfield.The rifle is finished in a dark faux wood finish and all hardware is painted flat black.

The Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI rifle will soon be followed with an No.1 MKIII SMLE built to the same quality and finish as the No.4 MKI.

M1903A3/A4 Springfield Rifle

This is by far my best creation yet! I am releasing two versions of the WW2 Springfield rifle, the M1903A3 and the Sniper version the M1903A4.

The M1903A3 version features a WW2 style all wood and plastic scant stock and stock bolts. It will have a real steel rear peep sight, front sight, front sight hood, front stock band, mid stock band, and butt stock plate and WW2A3 style hand guard.

The M1903A4 Sniper rifle version features a WW2 style full C grip all wood and plastic stock and stock bolts. It will have a real steel front stock band, mid stock band, and butt stock plate and WW2A4 style hand guard. The A4 never had front or rear peep sights so they will not be added to this version. I will add a look alike scope rail to the receiver group, it will be up to the buyer to add a scope.

Each rifle comes standard with a 30rnd magazine, speed loader, it shoots at about 450fps and features a fully adjustable hop-up.
    The stock is painted is a very realistic wood faux finish. The metal hardware on the rifle is all from real Springfield’s which means that there will be a mix of blued and parkarized parts ( you can see this on real Springfield’s as well) but they will be matched accordingly.

Each replica is extremely durable and designed so that the rifle can be fully disassembled for what ever reason, it can actually be field stripped in the same manner as the real Springfield.

The M1903A3/A4 rifle will soon be followed with an 03 and 03A1 built to the same quality and finish as the A3/A4.

Contact MGW and ISA

Please fell free to contact MGW and ISA at moaurosgunworks@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

the fps is a worry, sent a email to see if we they can do a downgraded 1j version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

mk18 rails then peq15 know elcan specter..................hello sopmod block 2 :)

503109548_pd2dj-M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Puding wrote: »
    mgw_isa_ww2_3103.jpg

the fps is a worry, sent a email to see if we they can do a downgraded 1j version

let us know what they say an ENFIELD SMLE cancel any aeg this year i want one of these babys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I want I want drool drool SMLE

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

ea-cg-cmbsht-set-mc_1_mark.jpg

at ehobby...69 dollars + shipping....they also have acu...unfortunately they dont have auld fat bastard size, which is a shame....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/e/a/ea-cg-cmbsht-set-mc_1_mark.jpg

at ehobby...69 dollars + shipping....they also have acu...unfortunately they dont have auld fat bastard size, which is a shame....

Nice find falls!

I'd defo buy some now but I haven't a clue how the sizing works? id be a medium by our standards but that'd probably be a Large by theirs wouldn't it?

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cheers man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

might be worth pinging a message to them, they seem to have a thread here in the sellers section now. seems to be made by a good company also..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

ea-cg-cmbsht-set-mc_1_mark.jpg

these things are as tight as f**k..i bin using mine for a while but Christ wearing a corset would be less painful. and im a really skinny guy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Lacertus wrote: »
    these things are as tight as f**k..i bin using mine for a while but Christ wearing a corset would be less painful. and im a really skinny guy..

Are you really qualified to back that up? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lacertus wrote: »

This is what created docroll

Puding wrote: »
    mk18 rails then peq15 know elcan specter..................hello sopmod block 2 :)

503109548_pd2dj-M.jpg

This is an April Fools joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

More shell ejecting poop from Marushin....

Marushin Kimber Gold Match (Shell Ejecting / 6mm)
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=26672
    $199.99 from redwolf.

mrs-kimber-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

After releasing the SG550 as few weeks ago G&G have now released their MP5 SD range with the SD5 and SD6. Still no sign of the blow back MP5s yet which I'm holding out for.

KJW have a GBB M4 on the go, but it looks way over our limit. First shot of a .25g bb was at 128m/s and dropped to about 120m/s by the 10th shot due to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I have to say i would like one of those two :)

EB are coming out with a RIS for the TM/JG SIG 552

552%20ras%20promotion.jpg

Could be rather nice

And for all the those in Soviet Russia Apex Tactical Pro have Element AKM & AK74 Mid Cap (120rds) Mags singularly and in pack of 6.

Element%20AK74%20Mid%20Cap%20Magazine%20Bakelite%202.jpg

They come in Black and Bakelite.

$96/€73.97 for a 6 pack and $17.99/€13.86 for 1.

See them here.

• Advertisement

For $18 dollars I wouldn't bother with these mags. You can get VFC and G&P mags for the same price that are more realistic. Those element ones have no arsenal stamps and the the black ones should be ribbed. They just recoloured the same shell, very slack.

Advertisement