Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI Rifle (Orders will be taken starting May 20th)

This rifle features all metal hardware hand built from aluminum, a full wood and plastic stock painted in an extremely realistic wood faux finish and working L flip rear iron sight.

The rifle comes standard with a 30rnd magazine, speed loader, it shoots at about 450fps and features a fully adjustable hop-up. The base gun used is a BAR-10 Spring rifle.

Each replica is extremely durable and designed so that the rifle can be fully disassembled for what ever reason, it can actually be field stripped in the same manner as the real Lee-Enfield.

The rifle is finished in a dark faux wood finish and all hardware is painted flat black.

Price: $450.00

http://moaurosgunworks.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/588918

based on the bar 10 great means lots of easly avaliable parts and easy to downgrade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

NakedDex wrote: »
    I've searched high and low on the site too, and can't find any explanation as to what this "airsoft-essential cortex clip" is.

Seems you can buy the front frame to go over any existing profiles...
    "The lightweight ESS Cortex Clip™ quickly attaches to any ESS Profile™ Series goggle to instantly provide the additional coverage essential for eye safety on the Airsoft Battlefield.
    This product may be used to retrofit any existing Profile NVG™ or Profile TurboFan™ goggles."
    $20
    http://www.essairsoft.com/Cortex-Clip_1_detail.html
    It seems to add a bit more frame size and nose protection... pahhh, looks poxy imo. Why bother. I reckon they wanna get in on the mid priced market but not upset their "full price" RS customer base by purposely making it look "cheap" and designed for airsoft games.:p

Dont know about the $199 price - they seem to have the full kit which is the clip attached to a "cheapo Profile set"- $80:confused:

"Introducing the ESS Profile Airsoft with Cortex Clip™. Built specifically for Airsoft use, this new configuration features the essential Cortex Clip™ pre-attached to an Airsoft-optimized version of the original Profile NVG™ goggle."

http://www.essairsoft.com/Profile-Airsoft-w--Cortex-Clip_2_detail.html

The more I read - I guess they've lowered the overall ballistic protection (sides) in favour of airflow and extra vents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Hey the MSRP is way down to $80 for those.

I agree they do look a bit pants with the clip.

I notice they are also doing some legal CYA in reards to the cortex clip stating that it should be used for all ESS goggles when used for airsoft.

Meh they must have found an angle or two where the regular goggles might be vulnerable.

Anyway I'll keep rocking my ESS profile turbofan goggles sans clip.

I also have the marui full face fan mask and I'd highly recommend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3544

fcuk me I wish I had the cash to get one of these.

Curse you vfc akms!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Was gonna post about these yesterday actually, they gave out posters of it in the detonics box.
    I just went through the cart steps there and it costs 40quid to ship.

gun_0452.jpg

gun_0452_1.jpg

gun_0452_2.jpg

gun_0452_3.jpg

black one,
    gun_0448_3.jpg

gun_0448_1.jpg

gun_0448_5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

ebaybanned have the black one now $73.50 delivered, i know they say they won't ship AEGs to Ireland because they come through London with Air mail but this doesn't have the warning on it. Plus i got one of the ickle ones delivered from RSOV by airmail and it arrived ok, i've dropped them an e-mail to see if they are ok with shipping to Ireland

I'd love one :(

1911s are my bag baby, they need to make an assault rifle 1911, and an smg 1911, and an rpk 1911, that doesn't even make any sense, I just like those pistols :)

What does marsellus wallace look like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    ebaybanned have the black one now $73.50 delivered, i know they say they won't ship AEGs to Ireland because they come through London with Air mail but this doesn't have the warning on it. Plus i got one of the ickle ones delivered from RSOV by airmail and it arrived ok, i've dropped them an e-mail to see if they are ok with shipping to Ireland

WGC & GunsNGuysuse UPS, WGCs UPS is much cheaper though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd love a MEU. But trouble is there's too many to choose from! I think i'll save the pennies for the TM Version though, seems most suitable for me...though the army version is so cheap ya just have to have a funky silver one don't ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

! I think i'll save the pennies for the TM Version though,

you will not be disappointed :) i have one and love the tm version it has great performance even in th depth of irish winter with great range and accuracy, it may not be metal but this helps the gas efficiency in all weathers and the nice crisp blow back

• Advertisement

Given the choice i would pick the Wilson Combat or this new Army one, ive used them all and the TM just doesnt cut it against the full metal ones. I haven't seen this Army one in the flesh yet so its not really fair to judge but from what ive seen of their .45 Detonics i certainly wont be dissapointed with the Army one. I'm gonna order it now. :)

Order two and give me one outta the goodness of your heart richie :P Damn i'll end up with one of each... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Ordering a TM one soon with either VFC or Pro-Win kit on it..... Still can't decide which :D

Have ya not seen the Wilson Combat Tan version yet Tom? its a work of art. :) I'll probably have the Army one by thursday'ish so im looking forward to seeing the quality in that.

socom_meu_tan.gif

Jaysus richie one of these days your gonna turn tan yourself :P It is oddly appealing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Masada wrote: »
    Was gonna post about these yesterday actually, they gave out posters of it in the detonics box.
    I just went through the cart steps there and it costs 40quid to ship.

gun_0452.jpg

gun_0452_1.jpg

gun_0452_2.jpg

gun_0452_3.jpg

black one,
    gun_0448_3.jpg

gun_0448_1.jpg

gun_0448_5.jpg

if anybody knows anything about this 1911 such as is it gas powered?,whats the fps? and how many dose the mag hold could they post the information as there is none on ebaybanned.(my cousin is interested in it)

P.S its an animal looking pistol:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Have ya not seen the Wilson Combat Tan version yet Tom? its a work of art. :) I'll probably have the Army one by thursday'ish so im looking forward to seeing the quality in that.

socom_meu_tan.gif

I have one of these and its a beauty.
    A few hawks actually bought em as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I have one of these and its a beauty.
    A few hawks actually bought em as a result.

"Me too!"

Despite having the fail mags that need the gas adaptor for some gas bottles (which, being Hawks resident Airsoft leper, I promptly lost).

Although, they allegedly take WE 1911 mags

I have, looks AMAZING, but it's a WE..... If TM released it then yeah :D

Dave: The Socom gear one is a WE, just under a different brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was told they have stopped making the tan 1911

Or was that Masada being an arsehole...again...

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

Tan krylon.

magnolia paint if you cant find any!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

finally back in stock for ye commi....sorry ak lovers

dm-74uwoodset_a-10.jpg

Image isn't showing, its the danmu ak74 wood kit is it?

TM style, so kind of behind the times given the mass move to VFC style clones, and their compatibility with real handguards and stocks, and inokatsu wood kits.

Beast ASI wrote: »
    I have, looks AMAZING, but it's a WE..... If TM released it then yeah :D

Dave: The Socom gear one is a WE, just under a different brand name.

Thats true, but its nothing like they've ever done before, i was pretty shocked to find its actually a WE too. Side by side with the TM 99% of people would take the Wilson Combat. :)

I've decide i'll be that 1% of people so, i think the accuracy, gas efficiency, aftermarket parts and mag capacity has me sold on a TM, i don't need an all metal pistol, though the tm grips feel bloody awful i'll take the pachmyers off that we 1911 i have, maybe the threaded barrel as well.. Schweet

Side by side with the TM 99% of people would take the Wilson Combat. :)

And the only reason for that is "metal am best". TM MEU is great as stock, but combined with a Pro-Win/PGC kit, they're actual sex, and a million times better than any WE :D Pricey.... but oh so worth it :)

Zero, the TM grips are actually lovely to hold, they have a nice rebberized finish to them. the mags are a bit iffy though, the feel lips are weak and can crack very easily and its no uncommon for them to leak from the bottom seal.

Beast, Haven't seen these metal kits yet but from the manufacturers id imagine there the biz. i just don't see the point though since the only real benefit to the TM at the moment is gas efficiency what with the ABS construction and installing the metal kit will take that down a notch.,

Anyone have any experience with these? looks nice but its very close looking to the Bell one. i wonder if it is actually the same gun?
    gun_0451.jpg
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3543

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Is there any All Metal revolvers out their which
    use individual shells that hold the BB and gas?

I dont have an Airsoft revolver of any kind and its on
    the to do list, But dont want to buy an ABS one.

~B

I've held the meu richie and really felt it had a horrible plasticy feel to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

TheDoc wrote: »

Landwarrior have them in stock, £140 + del
    Linky

Advertisement