Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

More fancy bits from china today,

P226 metal slide with trade marks.
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3567
    kit_0251_3.jpg

P226 Metal barrel with trades.
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3568

kit_0253.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The trades look good, but check out the breach on the barrel; "6mm Para".

It's amusing that it's 6mm but I'd probably get that slide but stick with the original barrel just to keep it authentic. What's the point in upgrading to something with trades if they're not "proper" ones. It's clever though.

They probably put the press die in upside down....

:D

I agree though, id stick with the original barrel and just get the slide. :)

I wouldn't think it's a mistake, I'd say it's just them trying to get clever with airsoft's 6mm compared to RS 9mm. Either way, not my thing.

It was only a joke. :D their clearly not pressed. Cant see why they bothered to do it if its not realistic.

• Advertisement

My bad, I read punch die instead of press die. They look punched anyway, either that or it's a hell of deep laser inscription.

Yeah I don't see the point either, but some people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Seen 6mm used in place of whatever calibre before
    on 2-3 other airsoft pieces cant remember which ones.

Maurzen PPK has 9mm on one side and has other stampings to say 6mm on the other side.

What I really really HATE about airsoft gear is when you get trads in bloody well white painted on letters.

A lot of airsoft gear has these horrible white lettering
    on them for trads, you look up photos of a lot of the
    real steel equivlants and they dont have white letters.
    An abomination I tell ya :(

Of course on the flip side and quite ironically considering my opinion on such matters
    It was with great sadness that I saw something equally horrifying the weekend where
    I saw a bloke who had two real steel perazzi shotguns that probably went
    into the double figures when it came to price, all along the stock and barrell
    had a Huge white "Perazzi" lettering brand name sticker on them.

~B

yeah my Glock 18 was like that. i just dremel'd around the lettering nice and carefully and it looks much better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

bullets wrote: »

It was with great sadness that I saw something equally horrifying the weekend where
    I saw a bloke who had two real steel perazzi shotguns that probably went
    into the double figures when it came to price, all along the stock and barrell
    had a Huge white "Perazzi" lettering brand same sticker on them.

~B

many of my friends have the same on there Perazzis and these guys have paid for the privilage of having these signs on both stocks and barrells during a factory visit
    some of these coustom stock cost in excess of €3000 and some upwards of €5000+

I think the white lettering has come from two things. One, it's easier to do than proper stamping, though I've seen stamped letters filled with paint too. The other being that highlighted lettering seems to be a popular thing among American pistol makers for civilian models of late, as well as being present on almost every display version of the pistol. Most airsoft pistol makers would find it easier to get hold of a civvie variant or a display piece and copy it right down to the artwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

looks like a new wgc site is in the works http://wgc-dev.hk1.uniforce.net/wgc2008/main/news.php#

wgc.th.jpg

Looks like they're still using that stupid flash system that prevents me from viewing it on my iPhone or at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Tanaka are briging out new Hi-Powers, Canadian & Chinese versions, cant link individual story:

http://airsoftnews.eu/news.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Tigger wrote: »

Im a bit suspect of the durability seeing as the price is $22.99.

On the other hand $22.99 is €17.34.....thats just under 2 bottles of BB's....if shipping isnt to expensive it might be worth the buy as it looks great.

Arcto wrote: »
    Im a bit suspect of the durability seeing as the price is $22.99.

On the other hand $22.99 is €17.34.....thats just under 2 bottles of BB's....if shipping isnt to expensive it might be worth the buy as it looks great.

I paid 46 USD for shipping for may last order for small package.
    It arrived in 3-4 days.

~B

Tanaka are briging out new Hi-Powers, Canadian & Chinese versions, cant link individual story:

http://airsoftnews.eu/news.php

Yummy I want a BAP! their old ones were ment to be Poo.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Tigger wrote: »

a couple of the wolf pack lads had them in the warehouse on sunday and they were saying the timing can be a bit dodgey......like going off in you hand:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't believe it, they actually make them. A proper WA2000, I'd say it's well over our limit but still.....:eek: Any got 3 grand plus 25% for customs and handling.:D

http://www.collectorairsoft.com/afa_wa2000.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Is it just me or does the WA2000 look like a seriously beefed up Scorpian (or whatever sub gun was the KLOB in Goldeneye on the n64 :D )

Odd lookn rifle....

• Advertisement

Yeah the Skorpion was the Klobb. All the guns in the game had a name change to something similar-ish to the real name. The Klobb being the big exception, it was named after one of the project leaders from the game, Ken Lobb.
    The gun I've always wanted from that game was the Phantom, which was based on the Spectre. Gorgeous looking sub, but only available from FTC with an external rig and hard to find.

The W2000 I've wanted since I read Rainbow Six wayyyy back when Rainbow Six was just an excellent book and not an entire franchise. The German sniper (who's name I can't remember at all) used it to great effect on several occasions. I remember looking it up afterwards in a Jane's Defence book and was rather in awe of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah the klobb, it did less damage than the dd44, against a noob opponent, they would use the klobb if they had one, thinking it was better, but a swift trigger finger would make the dd44 far more deadly in multiplayer :D

But I digress...

The wa2000 is a fantastic piece, would love one, absolutely love one, and several custom ones have been made.

There is a serious market for them, even an aeg model.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

forget the hi caps for the 44 to even be usable in nearly all ww2 games we need midcaps :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

YESS!,

this is a good sign the M60 VN's arriveal is imminent. :D

Going from the appearance of that one too i am impressed they got the colour right. Hope its heavier than the Star/ Ares though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    YESS!,

this is a good sign the M60 VN's arriveal is imminent. :D

Going from the appearance of that one too i am impressed they got the colour right. Hope its heavier than the Star/ Ares though.

I heard the VN model was the one model they decided never to do, something to do with war, or dashing some young towney from Irelands dreams, one or the other.

Dear A&K,
    Since you're being bloody brilliant and making kick ass support guns at decent prices, any chance you could make a GPMG I don't have to drop over a grand on?
    Love,
    Dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So much for not buying another rifle this year

Tavor AND m60

sighface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

On the WGC site for pre order from VFC and Magpul. Comes with and without the BUIS

vfc_aeg_moews_l.jpg

Advertisement