Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ooooooh!!
    its alll Tannn!

:D
    defo a future purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

looks like defenderdude has gone to a new modelling agency........not as good quality though:(, tut, tut, recession....

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3880313/Trail/searchtext%3EARMED+FORCES.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

sci-ops wrote: »
    looks like defenderdude has gone to a new modelling agency........not as good quality though:(, tut, tut, recession....

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3880313/Trail/searchtext%3EARMED+FORCES.htm

Actually scary the likeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

come on guys i would hate to see this thread set locked because of the offtopic crap, anyway ....

111.jpg

• Advertisement

Even though im a Scar fan i think that thing looks fugly. it just looks really out of place witha scope on it, like a beefed up heavy scar, which i wasnt too ken on either. :)

im the opposite really i love the scar heavy, know im hoping this release will mean they finally bring mid caps out for the heavy,

Thats a good point actually, an SSR would be ridiculous on the usual hicap mags. :)

arm.jpg

- Full metal AEG
    - 7mm bearing gear box
    - Special designed Bolt Carrier Operating Mechanism
    - Fire mode: safe / semi-auto / full-auto
    - Capable to store 9.6V stick type battery
    - 130rds magazine ( included )
    - Length: 750-980 mm

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=9469

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Has anyone seen the thread on arnies about a&k's svd? I'm using a phone and can't paste the link. It's supposedly a clone of the king arms springer version

• Advertisement

i think this is the one your talking about, clone of the AtoZ/Kings Arms version, spring single shot, was planing on getting one myself to turn it into a stalker svd :)

know product from china have been drying up and slow to come out, but im hoping this will turn up soon

25042009131.jpg
    25042009132.jpg
    25042009134.jpg25042009137.jpg
    It's shaping up to look like a fine rifle! At this point it seems A&K is choosing to release it with black plastic furniture rather than the OD plastic furniture shown in the original picture releases, but it is a step in the right direction. I can only guess that the wood stock/handguard set shown in the last 2 pictures is a real steel set placed in the picture to show real steel furniture compatibility, but who knows.

But it certainly seems like we will have a readily available, reasonably priced, and correct looking (except for the furniture and matte finish) SVD Dragunov replica coming soon from A&K!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Puding wrote: »
    111.jpg

I quite like this. I much prefer the SCAR-H over the SCAR-L and have been seriously considering one with an EGLM for a while now, but I think I'd take this SSR over the standard SCAR-H.

Shooter do what seem to be as close to a mid-cap as can be gotten for a SCAR-H available from Redwolf. They're quoted as 180-round mags but nothing is mentioned about whether they're spring feed or just a lower capacity high-cap (a lá the VN Armalite high-caps).

i wouldn't mind of them myself actually, probably the only AK i like the look of (waits for sams barrage of abuse detailing how its not an AK)

shooter is a trading name of ares stuff, that mag is for the star/ares scar heavy and will not work with the vfc version i believe

I wouldnt bother with the Heavy at all dex, (and this is probably just a heavy lower anyway) because its far too flexible. you can actually squeeze the magwell on them with your fingers. the bolt feels cheap as hell too. nice case though. lol

never had that problem with my vfc scar, must just have been lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's the Star/Ares one I was looking at anyway, since VFC are taking their sweet time releasing an EGLM. I would prefer that SSR to the standard SCAR-H but not without mids or lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    i wouldn't mind of them myself actually, probably the only AK i like the look of (waits for sams barrage of abuse detailing how its not an AK)

omg O_o it am not an A... Oh wait you already knew, carry on, buy a real sword type 56, it will convert you!

Wood and steel forever!*

(until it rots, rusts...)

Just looking at that SVD, that matt black finish, is that another incorrect finish on an otherwise decent russian airsoft rifle?
    I'll be picking up some semi gloss paint for my ak74 for realism, but would these plebs ever cop on and use the right tone of paint, or is the modern svd done in a matt finish? It still looks **** compared to an enamel finish, now hurry up and do a VSS ye pikeys!

They were probably more of a mat finish when they were made originally, mat will wear to a shinyish kinda appearance so after a bit of use it'll gloss up a bit, as would the paint on the airsoft one up there. you could just get some satin black aerosol and go at it with that though. :)

Masada wrote: »
    They were probably more of a mat finish when they were made originally, mat will wear to a shinyish kinda appearance so after a bit of use it'll gloss up a bit, as would the paint on the airsoft one up there. you could just get some satin black aerosol and go at it with that though. :)

The real ones are coated in a gloss enamel finish, its just the airsoft ones they cake in matt black as all the m4s, mp5s etc. they make also come in a matt finish.

I'll be redoing the paint job when I get a chance and some good quality paint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=2219&osCsid=9c594dde559cb87bf5cd909b70f42111

new nades on ebaybanned - probably crap - but hey, they're cheap:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=2219&osCsid=9c594dde559cb87bf5cd909b70f42111

new nades on ebaybanned - probably crap - but hey, they're cheap:p

Have them myself & they are the bee's knee's once you lube the piston rod. Detonation every time. Make fantastic booby traps. Excellent blast range, 10 metres half what it states, but excellent. Fires 72 bb's in around 0.5 - 6 seconds depending on amount of lube used, works with green gas. Idiot proof. :)

I found them very unreliable myself and a silly timer, although for24blips they'd even be good as props. :)

Had been wondering about those myself, wouldn't fancy having to look for them afterwards, OD and all as they are.

Maybe attach a flashing led to them, so even if it gets dark, it would be handy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

these look pretty cool for a Mad Max scenario!!!

armyoftwomask-01.JPG

Army of Two masks,
    I saw them advertised somewhere the other day really cheap but i cant for the life of me remember where. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

they were posted before i think.

But apparently they were dirt poor quality.

every hit left a horrible white mark.
    Or so I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Masks perfect for Meatflag/Similar games, might buy one and give it a coat of laquer to try and protect it.

vfc_aeg_scarssrfde_l.jpg
    Features:
    - Ambidextrous Safety / Selector
    - 6 Pisition Folding Stock with 3 Position Cheek Piece
    - FN Style Magazine
    - Functional Cocking Bolt
    - CNC Aluminum one-piece upper receiver
    - Stainless Steel Gas Cylinder Set
    - Battery carried inside Stock with Hidden Wiring
    - Realistic Field Stripping

Specifications:
    Gear Box: VFC Custom Gearbox ( Ver.2-Compatible Internal Parts )
    Motor: /
    Magazine: 500 Rds
    Length: 816 / 1007-1064mm
    Barrel Length: /mm
    Weight: 3300g
    Battery: Mini Type
    Muzzle Velocity: 420-440FPS ( with 0.2g BBs )
    Package Includes: Gun, Magazine

Its on WGC for 420 dolla. shame about the 500rd magazines for such a rifle. :(

Gor the gucci hawks out there., :D

9.11 are a chinese company that copy 5.11's gear, and with pretty good quality too.

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3597
    tag_0409.jpg

tag_0409_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I dunno about the quality of that gun bag, from past experience of those 9.11 bags iv seen better stitching on a christmas turkey, it wouldnt be so bad if the material was as thin & feeble.

Advertisement