Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

As soon as mids, lows or reals are out I'll be all over that. Especially at that price, I was expecting closer to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Built Material: Nylon fiber reinforced polymer / Metal Outer Barrel & Bolt Carrier
    Magazine Capacity: 55
    Length: 306 / 530mm
    Weight: 1670g
    System: Gas Blowback, Semi / Full Auto
    Muzzle Velocity: 220-250 FPS with 0.2g BBs / 134a
    Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual

kscsmgmp9l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

yeah i saw her alright, its not System 7 so she should be legit for these shores.

Theres a full review here
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=166472

The pros are that there is now a recoil buffer of sorts as stock so the receiver wont crack & a metal bolt but the stock is meant to have a bit of flex to it.
    however being Nylon reinforced polymer id imagine i shoudl be up to the task.
    The charing handle seem to be as dissappointing as the last version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Spotted this on ebaybanned this evening not yet for sale.

ebaybannedgen2.jpg

maruinews1105.jpg

upcomming products from TM, l96 with vsr compatible internals.....yes please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

was looking at that L96 last night. it'll be interesting to see how good the quality is. must be a gas powered one.

will have to wait for some more details about source of power at the moment it impossible to say, gas if you assume the magazine is functional, spring is equaly as possible, mag could easly be fake, im hoping the just slot the vsr internals in a new shell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Same here (I like the VSR internals and I like the L96 body more than the VSR one). That mag is interesting - I've always wondered why no one ever made a L96 body with a fake mag? It finishes the look perfectly AND give you spring power instead of gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

From the BBC...

Bully Beef has had its chips as far as UK forces are concerned, with frontline troops preparing to tuck in to Thai green curry or pilau rice.

The Ministry of Defence has unveiled a new ration pack, replacing traditional hard tack biscuits with Oreo cookies.

It has introduced 20 new menus, with 18 halal, vegetarian and Sikh and Hindu variations, after soldiers complained there was not enough variety.

more...

A couple of these would come in handy for Berget. We can always swap the Oreos for something useful.

Puding wrote: »
    will have to wait for some more details about source of power at the moment it impossible to say, gas if you assume the magazine is functional, spring is equaly as possible, mag could easly be fake, im hoping the just slot the vsr internals in a new shell

Im fairly sure its the one i saw in Germany which was a gas powered one. :)

either way though, id be into a spring version that had a fake magazine. the mag is the only thing that puts me off the l96 at the moment. while on this subject actually, CA are coming out with an AW338 of their own. :)

• Advertisement

Im fairly sure its the one i saw in Germany which was a gas powered one.

interesting, i had seen the and heard about the CA version, but never heard about any TM news from the show, pity if it is gas then TM a missed opportunity a spring vsr compatible l96 would sell likes hot cakes, on the other side a tm gas sniper rifle know that will be a first and a change for them, interesting to see what it can do then

either was we should get some more detail at the show next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Now on sale

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=2244

Does'nt look that great TBH

hoplite wrote: »
    Spotted this on ebaybanned this evening not yet for sale.

ebaybannedgen2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks a bit poofy to me for some reason

jeez that looks cr@p, the mesh colour is way off what its supposed to be. on a plus note though, they have hugely improved the multicam print itself. :)

444.jpg
    555.jpg
    111-1.jpg
    222.jpg
    333.jpg

new tm stuff from show

l96 looks like it could be a springer well at least it looks like the vsr hop up style, no confirmation thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Looks like the mag is done properly on the l96!

Great, am not a fan of the weird little fake mags.

edit: isnt it? Not certain from second glance.

Puding wrote: »
    333.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like there is the usual VSR mag in the front of the stock (top right hand corner of the image of the black stock version)?

Either way they look very VERY nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ooo a decent 5-7 maybe? Sweet

judging by the position of the feeding system from the magazine i would say its impossible for it to be a VSR style bolt in it. it would have to be shorter and for the visible part where the edjection port is to be fake.

In this pic you can see the rifle is cocked back yet the bolt appears to be roughly the same length as a VSR one, however when its returned to its position the bolt would have to travel up past the feeding system which isnt really workable. this is why i would say its either a unique shortened bolt or a gas powered rifle. :)

either or, i like it. :)
    222.jpg

If you look at the parts breakdown and mag details, http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/hobbyshow0905/index.html, its apparent its a spinger, and the bolt drags a bb forward from the mag towards the hop-up position, a bit like a gbb pistol but a longer stroke.

So its mag fed and spring action, the new feed mech is a great way to deal with the very long cylinders on snipers.

• Advertisement

for all of those parts i don't see a piston or a spring. lol.
    i hope it is a springer though. should be pretty quiet.

14.jpg

See the slot on the mag, and the slot filling bit on the, uh, thing?

I think that drags the bb forward on the loading stroke.

There are images showing the underside of the receiver with no secondary mag space, though it could be gas as you say. Is that a fill hole under the mag or an allen key. Edit: no gas port on top of the mag, I'm going with mag fed springer at this stage.

yep the bb feed from the side of the mag instead of the top by the looks of things, with all these tm ak version coming out more and more tempted to give one a try

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gatling wrote: »
    roughly 225euro not a bad price either

Hmmmm..... So that would work out about €300-350 over here then (shipping, the middle men, shops cut and vat). Hmmmmm...... I wonder if it will be as good as the VSR when its out.

if its spring powered then i would be pretty confident it'll be a great performer given the quality of the VSR. If its a gas one though, its hard to say really. id still et one though.

Its spring, the new mechanism draws a bb forward on the loading stroke to the hops position, hop is vsr type. - Arnies thread

I'll be trying my hand at sniping again with the bolty I have, whatever people say about the ssg you can get serious accuracy and consistency, and some pretty respectable quietness out of one of them with enough effort. But this thing will be a great sniper for anyone who is into that role, and the mags won't look ridiculous either :D

had a look at it last night and it seemed they were only speculating over there too. im looking forward to getting my hands on one to see what makes her tick.

Masada wrote: »
    had a look at it last night and it seemed they were only speculating over there too. im looking forward to getting my hands on one to see what makes her tick.

I'm tellin ye Richie, she's a springer!

If I'm wrong, next skirmish I'll field an aeg of your choice, m4, masada, or something worse :D

• Advertisement

but you dont know its a springer, is my point. im not saying its not, but im interested in how it works.

Advertisement