Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Full steel, as in steel barrel as well???

I'd think not, usually full steel means everything but the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I'd think not, usually full steel means everything but the barrel.

i would guess steel is the outter barrell
    inner barrell brass

DeBurca wrote: »
    i would guess steel is the outter barrell
    inner barrell brass

Most steel aegs use steel for the receiver and aluminium for the outer barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I have the previous full steel Kalash AK and it is just that, full steel for everything except the outer barrel. I can only hazard a guess as to the reason they do this is because it's easier to bore out the round-stock for the inner barrel accurately in a softer metal, ie aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Most steel aegs use steel for the receiver and aluminium for the outer barrel.
    NakedDex wrote: »
    I have the previous full steel Kalash AK and it is just that, full steel for everything except the outer barrel. I can only hazard a guess as to the reason they do this is because it's easier to bore out the round-stock for the inner barrel accurately in a softer metal, ie aluminium.

they do not bore out the aluminium it is extruded a lot easier then boring out a steel billet
    the receiver would be cast. ie pressure die casting in machines made by Engel and Stubba etc

• Advertisement

One of the main reasons for aluminium outer barrels was ppl arguing about criminals converting steel aeg's to fire bullets. Despite the fact that the internals of a gun just wouldn't fit in an aeg, manufacturers started making aeg's with aluminium barrels to put the final nail in that arguments coffin. :D

DeBurca wrote: »
    they do not bore out the aluminium it is extruded a lot easier then boring out a steel billet
    the receiver would be cast. ie pressure die casting in machines made by Engel and Stubba etc

That's my point, it's not a steel billet at all, it's aluminium round-stock. Being extruded is just as likely, though it would, again, be from aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

MAG 170rds Mid-Cap Magazines for AUG Series (Box Set of 4)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=26902

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Looks like the arrival of AGM's clone of the TM sopmod is apon us, ebaybanned are listing it at the moment too,

agm%20gas%20m4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Pitty those bastards dont deliver to Ireland! :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Rsov & gunner will have them a few days after EB.

Says Gas blow back on the box, magazine lip would be indicative of same.

Think ill wait on the KJW one.

the magazine is actually what makes me think its a clone of the TM, looks exactly the same. :)

never heard of AGM doing anything decent with gas so i would be too keen on it if it is gas, Think i'll be ordering the WE or WA instead though.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah, the barrel is aluminum for legality reasons.

The 'full steel' bit is really for smaller parts, take down level, in the case of side folders the stock hinge and catch.
    Also, the bolt carrier, trunnion etc, its just a stronger build, incredibly solid, and the internals are the later bearing bushes and spring guide from stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

from what i;ve read else where i think the acm is a gbb, there is rumours that army are making a sopmod clone, if it follows on from the quality of the meu could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

The AGM M4 mags looks very similar to the WE GAS M4. Hopefully they will cop on and bring out a 50 rounder WE compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Nah screw that 30 rounds does the trick especially with the cool down effect

Puding wrote: »
    from what i;ve read else where i think the acm is a gbb, there is rumours that army are making a sopmod clone, if it follows on from the quality of the meu could be good

ive actually seen that, it looks pretty promising. I was very disappointed with the quality of the TM one though to be honest, the recoil is pretty much non existent and it feels very cheap, its metal yet appears to be plastic and the trades a deep in parts and faded in others. The trades on the Army MEU are perfect so in theory thats something they'll at least correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

for the m3 series shotty. extras for this are few and far between. this is from wgcshop.

nv_smb_m390_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I dont like M4's but I do like GBB's
    I was tempted to buy the WA M4 but an ABS body and Price put me off.

I was tempted to buy the Metal bodied WE M4 but when I looked at the videos
    of the action I was disapointed. It looks like when you cock it, the Cylinder/Nozzle area
    is behind the slide, so its not an entire bolt that is moving backwards and forwards,
    its only a cosmetic slide? Can someone verify this please ???

The AGM M4 if its metal body and you have a fully working action with regards
    to a bolt/boltcarrier actually cycles it could be a buy from me. It looks that
    way from the vid.

~B

• Advertisement

The bolt on the WE does indeed move full to the rear before returing t battery. The are a decenct gun, mostly because its a WE re-brand as opposed to manufactured.

This AGM will be interesting as its a step closer to an affordable GBB rifle for most people, which wil in turn contribute to a host of aftermarket parts, accessories, updated & newer designs.

Its seems to have upset quie afew people over on arnies, mostly eliteist-scum WA fanboys:D

One chap has alledgely spent $4k+ on one WA M4, surprisingly he wasnt too upset by the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The bolt on the WE does indeed move full to the rear before returing t battery. The are a decenct gun, mostly because its a WE re-brand as opposed to manufactured.

One of the vids I was looking at was this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgDCm5BT9M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5he4yDgQ-w&feature=related

When they cock the rifle, during fire and just at the end of the video when the bolt
    stays back instead of seeing an empty chamber I see something Brass in colour
    that looks as though its filling the entire chamber. This is what was leading me
    to believe what I posted earlier. I would have expected to see the bolt back,
    an empty chamber.

Here is a photo of the WE with the Bolt Pulled Back,
    When its fireing it looks like its a bolt cover the slides back and forth
    but this brass bit stays forward when you shoot it.
    Cant tell for sure as never handled one but it stopped me from buying one:
    wem4.jpg

~B

bullets wrote: »
    One of the vids I was looking at was this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgDCm5BT9M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5he4yDgQ-w&feature=related

When they cock the rifle, during fire and just at the end of the video when the bolt
    stays back instead of seeing an empty chamber I see something Brass in colour
    that looks as though its filling the entire chamber. This is what was leading me
    to believe what I posted earlier. I would have expected to see the bolt back,
    an empty chamber.

Here is a photo of the WE with the Bolt Pulled Back,
    When its fireing it looks like its a bolt cover the slides back and forth
    but this brass bit stays forward when you shoot it.
    Cant tell for sure as never handled one but it stopped me from buying one:
    wem4.jpg

~B

ah rigth i get ya now, though you meant a dummy bolt altogether.
    Yeah the brass piece shown there is static, but the bolt cover does recold fully, but there isnt an open chamber the same way as would be in a GBB pistol.

More GBB's, unfortunately by WE.
    Scar, SA80/L85, Hi-power(hopefully a rebrand) and a Luger with a snail mag.
    wettipromo25052138688.jpg

heard about that Scar ages ago, i wish they'd ever hurry up with it, my EGLM is getting lonely. :)

i guess its a labourious process making the transition from M4 to Scar...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The WE luger's internals are made of dried monkey's cack.

That company would do well to explicitly state what items it has rebranded, they'd be more likely to sell something they haven't had a hand in making.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Now, Lugers fail in general, but what fool put a huge mag sticking out of it?
    Its gone from fail to UBER FAIL...

Now that SA80 looks nice though

The WE luger's internals are made of dried monkey's cack.

Thats a bit of a stereo type at this stage, they used to use a sh1te pot metal for parts that were vital to the gun but they've improved that a lot in recent months. the Wilson Combat is a fine example of how much of an improvement they have made. they have also improved the old 1911 barrel bushing. a very common failure. :)

• Advertisement

You can tell straight away that it's an A1 model though. Would it have killed them to do the few minor tweaks and build a rifle that is actually used by any army in the world? Granted, it's a minor niggle that it's an A1 and not the in-service A2, but it's enough to put me off getting one.

Advertisement