Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i saw them on ebaybanned earlier, so tempting, i went and bought the AGM., :D

ehobby have it at the mo bullets,
    i think its 140 shipped before tax, :)

The Mags are 18 dolla on ebaybanned and are western arms compatible for anyone who has the WA. (tony will finally be able to get some use from his. lol ) its handy that they chose the WA to clone too, theres more after market stuff available for the WA so in theory they'll work on this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Masada wrote: »
    ehobby have it at the mo bullets,
    i think its 140 shipped before tax, :)

Sorry I just realised I knew already and had a dumb moment!!

This would be a perfect time to ask an Irish retailer if they can get some in? and test the FPS as I dont really like the idea
    of buying something that on description shows its over the limit no matter how cool our weather is over here.
    (Or wait for your review)

~B

from what ive heard ehobbys ratings are wayyyy overated and the average fo the gun is 290-310fps., :)

heres a new armalite receiver from dboys with the new proper trades. pretty cheap too and has a locking bolt ala VFC styley. :)
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/d-boys-usmc-metal-receiver-new-ver-for-m4-m16-aeg.html
    db-mb-m28-usmc_1_mark.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Seems to be decent sound & recoil off ACM M4, definitely shootin hot though, ges through the bottom and side wall of a can, not precisely scientific but generall a 1J gun wont penetrate the bottom of can, but wh knows it could be a clone can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0nrU3zNZU

ive shot through the bottom a a can with 300fps once, theres a huge varience in the materials used for making cans so theres no exact science in it. i wouldnt depnd on it as a method of chrono'ing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Seems to be decent sound & recoil off ACM M4, definitely shootin hot though, ges through the bottom and side wall of a can, not precisely scientific but generall a 1J gun wont penetrate the bottom of can, but wh knows it could be a clone can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0nrU3zNZU

Where can you buy it from.. ? Probably only America or sumtin ? :(

ive shot through the bottom a a can with 300fps once, theres a huge varience in the materials used for making cans so theres no exact science in it. i wouldnt depnd on it as a method of chrono'ing. :)

ah yeah i know that, twas the fact that it kept goin and penetrated the wall of the can as well was what twigged my interest, sure well wait and see how she preforms here, on a digital chrono.
    did you get the ras or standard version after?

those mags are cheaper than the fúckin detonics ones.
    hopefully theyll bring out clones of the WE mags, if ever there was an oxymoron, and il have a skirmishable GBBR.

Where can you buy it from.. ? Probably only America or sumtin ? :(

There is an article on some of the airsoft forums as well as some
    of the real steel forums about the ATF in America actually
    banning the importation of these and the WA ones pending results of tests or something?

Normally we all shout AIRSOFT DEVICES CANNOT BE MODIFIED TO FIRE REAL BULLETS!

But.........
    .there is talk about using the bodies of these new GBB M4's to "Cosmetically" house a drop
    in 22LR kit that can be bought for real steel rifles. Basically they are ripping
    out all the innards and replacing it with real steel stuff
    Chamber/fireing pin/barrell/magaine is real, outside is is fake.
    More or less using an airsoft gun as a wrapper around a real steel skeleton.

Obviously if this was true and happened it would not be an airsoft gun as all the parts would have been
    removed but it would have involved the body of an airsoft device.

Some of the USA Airsoft shops have taken them off their online store listings.
    (Cant post links as they are blocked by my works surfwatch)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Something along the lines of which has been done a few times before, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ilwvD-mnE (Fitting a ruger 10/22 into a p90 shell)

As you said though, it's not converting an airsoft to fire a real bullet, it's converting a real gun to fit inside an airsoft shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

bullets wrote: »

But.........
    .there is talk about using the bodies of these new GBB M4's to "Cosmetically" house a drop
    in 22LR kit that can be bought for real steel rifles. Basically they are ripping

Obviously if this was true and happened it would not be an airsoft gun as all the parts would have been

~B

Couldn't you do that with a cardboard box?
    Or a water gun.
    Or any other object of the correct size?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

banning the importation of these and the WA ones pending results of tests or something?

But.........

~B

TBH its been done before. There was a Well P90 conversion to take the internal works of a Ruger 10/22 which, I have a hunch, is the same thing going on here.

For what its worth the 10/22 (for those who dont know) is the kind of go-to gun for odd-mods. There are thousands of modifications out there including ones that make it look like a 249 para etc. Its not an airsoft device at that point though since the outer cosmetics are only a shell placed around the components of a 10/22.

Still bloody annoying though since it blurs the lines and confuses the un-initiated.

But.........

~B

ah i wouldnt worry about that "(dis)information", doesnt seem to be any hard evidence, best off ignoring that thread, the same hysterical poster started a thread on gasguns.info and it was locked.

Bullets: I dunno if youre still looking but theres a lad sellin a WA 5" infinity slide on arnies:
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=167848

ah yeah i know that, twas the fact that it kept goin and penetrated the wall of the can as well was what twigged my interest, sure well wait and see how she preforms here, on a digital chrono.
    did you get the ras or standard version after?

those mags are cheaper than the fúckin detonics ones.
    hopefully theyll bring out clones of the WE mags, if ever there was an oxymoron, and il have a skirmishable GBBR.

I got just the regular M4A1 type. had planed to stick on an MOE hand gaurd and ubr stock so i didnt really care what type i got. i should have it in the coming days and i'll report back on its quality/power/rof etc., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

I got just the regular M4A1 type. had planed to stick on an MOE hand gaurd and ubr stock so i didnt really care what type i got. i should have it in the coming days and i'll report back on its quality/power/rof etc., :)

aye that should look tidy alright, tan or black?

was only looking at their tactical carbine dvd there the other day and though one of these would be the one mod or accessory that i actually would put on an M4 RS or GBB and viola, good auld Clarence Lai comes out with one:
    clarencelaiejector02066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I nearly flipped a wig looking at that receiver until I realised it was RS. I thought someone finally released it as an airsoft body. One day...

416 metal receivers now availible from ebaybanned, with trades too. :)

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=2288&osCsid=e20412d404d28919fcc3450d2112af9f

416%20metal%20body%20a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Good stuff, been meaning to upgrade my JG416 to a metal body. Was looking at the one above tho, and it doesn't appear to have that little lip protruding from the upper receiver where the RIS would seat and hold it straight (take a look at the JG where you remove the forward grip and you'll see it). I would imagine that'd cause the RIS to wobble a bit?

Plus the greyish colour looks a bit wrong....

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    I nearly flipped a wig looking at that receiver until I realised it was RS. I thought someone finally released it as an airsoft body. One day...

Yeah that full auto marking is fairly tidy alright.

Arrived in today, all i will say so far is... Deadly... :D

Photo review to follow soonish.,. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Arrived in today, all i will say so far is... Deadly... :D

Photo review to follow soonish.,. :)

Excellent we await in anguish...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Excellent we await in anguish...

How do you think i feel messing with it and not been able to take one home

Army Armament I have just noticed are selling
    Bling Bling Gold coloured R27-G 45 MEU
    With a note saying only selling 2000PCS after June 2009.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've heard the paint finish is quite flakey on those, and those silver ones aren't much better apparently. Although richies silver version looks pretty good that said...

yeah i saw the gold one in the booklet that came with the silver one. If the finish is anything like the silver one i'll be all over it, that said, i think i may have been over shaddowed in the "gucci 1911" stakes. tony got the mother of all metal kits for his TM MEU today. RS grips too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

If the finish is anything like the silver one i'll be all over it,

You cant be serious? Are you talking bout the quality of the finsish on the silver army meu??

yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

yep

:eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement