Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

what? i dont get it?

Just because its not mirror chrome doesn't mean its bad. I have used real steel firearms with a similar finish so i would hardly call it unrealistic. in fact, i would say a chrome finish would be more unrealistic.

3493750803_53bd22db09_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its just not everyone's cup of tea is all.

I can't say I like it myself, and I dread to think what the gold one will look like, but its all a matter of taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Masada wrote: »

I kinda hate you right now :D

Whos that lad with the funny nook on him? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Given the choice between spanner chrome and flat shiny chrome I'd go for the spanner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

Some load a gas coming out of that second M4! easy to know thats the chink ver.

Will it dump the 50 bbs and still lock the bolt back on full auto?

Some load a gas coming out of that second M4! easy to know thats the chink ver.

Will it dump the 50 bbs and still lock the bolt back on full auto?

that spanner is a good comparison, and its chromed vanadium, one hell of a hard metal, probably perfect for making guns actually.

as for the M4, it had been fired maybe 2-300 times ust before that test so it was a lot colder than the western arms one, which hadn't been used so was warm.

this is also no place for your single minded offensive racist comments, thanks.

So which would you say on inspection is the better buy, price as a factor also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

moggser wrote: »
    title of that should be Mean Muggin with a M4

think XZIBIT has a track called that well if he dont he wil soon:D:D

He does, with Kerri Hilson I think, and the sodding thing is playing back in my head right now. It's going to be stuck on repeat for days now.
    Your face in that video is priceless. Just as well there's plenty of GBB AK's out there too.
    Dude, you cant get more unrealistic than SPANNER FINISH!!
    See I was dubed into buying one also!! Hard to admit aint it? but evey once in a while a lemon comes along!

I've used and handled about a dozen "chrome" RS pistols over the years and only one of them had that shiny mirror finish people seem to expect. It was a de-activated 1911 that was used solely as a prop. Even holstering would have ruined the finish I was told, and it was treated with white gloves.
    Incidentally, "spanner chrome" (by which I assume you mean chrome-vanadium or chrome-molybdenum) isn't a bad thing unless you're just comparing to really crap spanners. Most of my Snap On spanners have a satin-chrome mirror finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

that spanner is a good comparison, and its chromed vanadium,

as for the M4,

OK I now WANT a AGM M4 GBB will Eirsoft get any?
    (I hate M4's but its a GBB thats making me love it)

Vanadium ? Not sure if the spelling is correct
    but are you talking about the same Chromed Metal Alloy
    that is inert and used in the making of artificial hip joints?

~B

It's used on tools too. Chrome itself is quite hard wearing, but a chrome-vanadium alloy has been the tool steel finish of choice for a long time for exactly the same reason as it's use in artificial joints; it's hard wearing and inert. A tool without a break in the C-V coat won't rust and will wear incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Literally scrapped together funds, and AGM m4 is in my budget, pre Berget 7, with the full intent of bringing one over.

Banging round some e-mails to see if the RAS mounted one will be on ehobby in the next 2-3 weeks. I see it on ebaybanned but they are abismal slow shipping, plus i dont think you can get guns of them, or is that ems ****e sorted?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Literally scrapped together funds, and AGM m4 is in my budget, pre Berget 7, with the full intent of bringing one over.

Banging round some e-mails to see if the RAS mounted one will be on ehobby in the next 2-3 weeks. I see it on ebaybanned but they are abismal slow shipping, plus i dont think you can get guns of them, or is that ems ****e sorted?

Nope, a lot of people are forgetting the possibility that import is going to be banned outright anyway, so that should be priority at the moment.

I wouldnt trust buying it from ebaybanned to be honest. you'll probably end up receiving a boonie hat and a fast mag., lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

or a fast boonie and a mag hat

I wouldnt trust buying it from ebaybanned to be honest. you'll probably end up receiving a boonie hat and a fast mag., lol

Roger that

Ehobby as too bloody good anyway, fantastic bunch of boyos.

Must...get....RAS...M4

just get the normal one and stick a RAS on it. thats why i went for this one, even though i hate the look of an M4A1, i can stick whatever i like on there. so a UBR and an MOE handgaurd it is., :D

I was just after posting that. There's a smegload of RAS options for next to nothing.

You're putting a UBR onto it? I thought you were putting a CTR onto it?

nah, i have a CTR on 2 of my rifles already so wanna get something a little different. :) I like the look of the UBR too, its pretty uncommon in airsoft.,

• Advertisement

I'm in two minds about it. I prefer the M93b stock to the UBR, but then I haven't seen the UBR up close so that idea might change too.

Werent you saying it might need a bit of tweaking?

Sure I dont mind waiting a while longer, MAGs are out of stock anyways...****ing rifle might be soon too :)

O do like the look of the M93 but i think the UBR will be that little bit more unique.

Star are now doing the M93 actually,
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/star-m93-modular-carbine-stock-tan.html
    saa-stock-05-t_1_mark.jpg

Werent you saying it might need a bit of tweaking?

Sure I dont mind waiting a while longer, MAGs are out of stock anyways...****ing rifle might be soon too :)

Yeah but its only slight.

The stock options are fewer though. I would be doubtful of any stock that requires its own stock tube (like the M93 for instance) because the guns recoil spring is located inside the stock tube. regular AEG stock tubes are a different design. once the stock fits on a notmal stock tube though, it'll fit on this no hassle. :)

Thats looks a bit too much, I'm not a fan of mad looking stocks, the CRT Magpul thing is really the fanciest I'd go.

I know I'm not "stylish" ( your grenade launchers ****) but some stocks can have too much going on.....

The original M93b was discontinued aaages back. I'm thinking of getting the Star one to see what it's like. If it's anything like their PMags then it'll be naff but functional.
    The M93b was an experimental stock, it's what gave rise to the UBR. It was never fully released apart from a few thousand tester units. It has the same static cheekpiece system as the UBR with a bit more bulk. To be honest, I think it's the bulkyness that makes me prefer it.
    I know I'm not "stylish"

Sums it all up really.

Yeah I guess I just take "working and not sitting on the wall to be repaired" rather then " my gun is gorgous but inside has the internals of a junkie".

Btw I ****ing adore your Magpul all black yoke, looks the dogs....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i have the star m93 gen 1 for about 6 months on my EOD m4 solid as a rock, the colour was a little off but nothing that could not be fixed, be aware it will only fit devices with mil spec buffer tube fitting e.g star m4/m16 and WA/G&P M4 Gbb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Several posts deleted as not airsoft news.

Rew has warned you before, please try to stay on topic.

rockercover - infracted for use of racist terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Airsoft GI: Socom Gear M82A1 test
    Must see video from Airsoft GI- first look at Socom Gear's Barret:

The sample SOCOM Gear M82 Barret is in, take a look at the preliminary video to cover the basics. A more in depth video and firing test will be made shortly.

UN Company: AGM M4A1 GBB
    AGM M4A1 appears to be an instant hit. Now available at UN Company:

Dear sir,

Today we are going to introduce you guys the AGM full metal M4A1 Carbine Gas Blow Back Rifle

It’s gas blowback mechanism is a replica of WA M4’s. This rifle is built fully in metal with ABS furniture The metal bolt carrier is functional with out of box 420-440FPS muzzle power. It’s hop-up is adjustable which the button is under the outer barrel. It comes with a heavy weighted full metal gas operated magazine with 50 rounds loading capacity and an aluminum 14mm clockwise flash hider.

The Bomber 50 rounds magazine for WA M4 Series is also compatible with this replica.

The blowback of this rifle is strong and loud, your shoulder and arms can feel the recoil during firing. It’s price is only about 1/4 of the WA GBB M4’s. Okay now, let’s move on to our Youtube video, we are going to show you how nice it is.

Advertisement