Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Does anybody know what the AGM M4 chronos at? Arnies are saying bout 380fps in the UK. My WE M4 was hitting over 360fps before downgrade so would be interesting to see what power it has.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Heres a video of the KJW one thats coming out. looks similar to the WA/AGM with a few small tweaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Puding wrote: »
    i have the star m93 gen 1 for about 6 months on my EOD m4 solid as a rock, the colour was a little off but nothing that could not be fixed, be aware it will only fit devices with mil spec buffer tube fitting e.g star m4/m16 and WA/G&P M4 Gbb

Magpul do a buffer tube adaptor to allow use of mil-spec stocks on a regular body. I think the PRS is another that requires it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

WA clone means the Ra tech adjustable value will work? i have one coming with co2 mags for my ak at them moment

Magpul do a buffer tube adaptor to allow use of mil-spec stocks on a regular body. I think the PRS is another that requires it.

this is the one your talking about?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=MAGP-ACC-ADPRS_srch_adaptor

allows you to fit real stocks onto an aeg by giving you a correctly sized mil spec buffer tube, the m93 is the buffer tube and screws directly into the back of the receiver into the mil spec thread there, the kit would allow you to fit any milspec 'stock' that slip over the buffer tube

• Advertisement

That's the one. It's obviously not neccessary for the GBB M4's, but for anyone who wants to use RS stocks on AEGs, the option is there.

yep other than the odd ones that screw straight in your fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Why on earth did they use an m4 style hop up on the barrett?

coz its just a pumped up M4 really. a barret with a gearbox seems like a real waste to me. id much sooner have a bolty or gas powered yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

SVD AEG = Fail

Barrett AEG = Fail.

When will they learn :(

• Advertisement

i would have loved a gbb svd and i do hope realsword bring out there rumored gbb version (and if they do i will be grading one myself :) , but for practicality and skirmishing i can see the aeg version as best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

With our 1J limit the only thing that would make the barret worth while imo would be if it was GBB and fired a 20mm bb:D:D:D

With our 1J limit the only thing that would make the barret worth while imo would be if it was GBB and fired a 20mm bb

and would have to therefor fire at speed that means it barely makes it out the barrel :D there is a 8mm sniper out there along those lines thought

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Masada wrote: »
    Heres a video of the KJW one thats coming out. looks similar to the WA/AGM with a few small tweaks.

now thats what ill be waiting to spend my money on, looks to be a WA based alright, nice one cheap mags and good quality gun.

Stamped Steel MP5 receiver, might pick up one for my MP5k GBB and bust the dremmel out of it for about 3 days straight.

srcmp50306.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS7hP7atMG4&feature=channel_page

Heard that the TSI Tavor will be available with a drop in GBB kit when it comes out.

some infor on TSI version
    Hello Gents,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on our TAR 21 development and release schedule.
    In light of the ARES TAR being released in Asia, I will try and provide you with some additional info we initially were planning on keeping private.
    Our TAR has gone through the first phase of prototyping, and as in any prototype, needs some wrinkles ironed out. Yes, it takes additional time and funds, but our standards are high.
    Realistically, round 2 of improving on our design and prototyping will take about 3-4 weeks, at which point you will all receive an update including pics and technical data.
    I can tell you however, that our TAR will include the following features:
    1.380 fps out of the box, Ver. 3 gearbox.
    2.Interchangeable outer barrel (CTAR and STAR lengths)
    3.Quick release gearbox design - the gearbox can be pulled out with the release of 2 pins and utilizing the bolt release, a 15 sec cycle
    4.Externally adjusted hop up
    4.Fully electronic trigger and fire selector package, MOSFET and C code included
    5.This is a new one...a GBB version to follow shortly, with 100% compatibility with the AEG. Pull the gearbox out, change a few simple parts, and you can switch between the AEG and GBB!
    The receiver and most major parts will be compatible with both versions.

We appreciate your patience, and promise you the TAR 21 will be a truly unique and ground breaking airsoft rifle.

Best regards,

Guy Ayal
    TSI Armories LLC

was very interested in this, looks like the drop in gbb gearbox with have internal tank so performance is unknown, i was going to pre order once of these instead of the ares unfortunately there is no set release date yet date that was given was a good few months off, and was worried about the new laws coming in,

It's the same information they've been giving out for a while. What would be news is even a hint at a release date. I have the Ares one on pre-order but I will certainly be getting the TSI version too. Their quality is on a par with the likes of Real Sword.

the date i got was mid July when i looked into it, but im also planing to go with both as well, ctar from ares and the tar from tsi, if you pre order the tsi you do get both barrels lengths, tsi are also producing a 20mm mountable mars along with accessory like the 20mm side mount for the tavor so rather happy hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Classic army SVD is out on Gunner's http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1527
    Also according to one of the threads on arnies Kalash plan on bringing out a svd so plenty of choices for a svd.

the dboys version was posted a few pages back it is going to be a spring version and a clone of the atoz/king arms svd, the classic army version looks interesting, is the rrp is indeed 400usd seems a little heavy with the RS version only a little over that

I have some photo's of the CA one from a few months back. i'll see if i can find them and post them up.,

• Advertisement

I'm not sure whether to cancel my pre-order on the Ares Tavor and put it down on the TSI one. The TSI version is likely going to be the better one (judging by past examples with their Galil) but Ares do great kit.

What concerns me is that neither have any sort of release date. Not even an estimation. I don't like having that much money tied up in something so vague. I've emailed Redwolf a number of times and they've told me they don't know either (which is even more worrying since I've already paid them for it) and TSI's information bursts are pretty much the same thing every time.
    I want the TSI more, but I'll take whichever comes out first. It'd just be nice to know which one that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Classic army SVD is out on Gunner's http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1527
    Also according to one of the threads on arnies Kalash plan on bringing out a svd so plenty of choices for a svd.

any info on this floating about? gear box,barrel etc? not bad for the price, held one of the real sword ones and was not impressed with the wood finish

Anyway,

In other news lads and lasses,

ya know the way there was talk about eotechs being capable of being mounted to real firearms a few months ago after there was a couple seized by customs.

Well i made a pretty cool, and kinda sh1t discovery with 2 of of eotech's from different Chinese makes, earlier today. the recoil of a rifle makes them automatically turn off. you might get 2-3 shots sometimes depending on the strength of the recoil but it'll always turn off. i would presume its been made like that intentionally since it happened systematically when the rifle was fully gassed, it wouldnt happen as much when it was getting near the end of the gas or when it was getting cold.

so i cant use the Eotechs on my GBB rifle now, but at least there's a defence to those who are having them seized. :D

Firekitten: can you confirm that there is not a 20mm rail under the mars sight on the ares, i think the answer is no which is the only thing that pisses me off about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

No, there isnt. but there isnt on the real Tavor....
    the tavor mounts the mars with two points, which is how it also mounts the RIS base in the same manner... avaiable? nope, not unless you know an IDF armourer... heh.

but its realistic as far as that goes actually.

one can aquire a ris mount base for the mars too, attaches same way to base... and allows mars to go on 20mm rails.

was unaware the real steel did not come with one as standard, i've pictures of all versions with both mars other red dots and acogs, so its looks like i put two and two together and got 5 incorrectly

it was one of the things i liked about the tsi version, mars was a 20mm mount version with the 200mm avaliable from the start, just a little plus point if you want to swap between red dot and an acog

actually... the real tavor isnt a 20mm mars on the tavor rifle.... it is 'integrated' the 20mm mount is added on, the tavor has no ris rail as standard... theres only the raised one that you see the trijicon reflexes and acogs on...

TSI are stating on their site that one of the three variants of the Tavor they're doing is the S-TAR, which is basically the TAR with a bipod mount under the handguard and a 20mm rail instead of the MARS. It's fitted into what would be the MARS mounting point, so it's clearly just an optional part. Now they may just stick the bipod on it and label it an S-TAR but they haven't cut corners in the past so who knows? Maybe they'll even make the mount available separately.
    Rumours have it that the TSI version has the MARS is mounted "properly" in that the red dot is only active when the rifle is taken out of safety.

Does the Ares version have any kind of mount points under the MARS that could allow for even a custom built 20mm rail? I'd have no problem spending a few hours on a CNC to knock out a rail if there was space there to accommodate it.
    Also, how the heck did you get one so fast? I'm more than tired of waiting and I keep seeing new videos of it popping up that suggest it's available for sale. My pre-order still shows no sign of getting even a stocking date though.

actually... the real tavor isnt a 20mm mars on the tavor rifle.... it is 'integrated' the 20mm mount is added on, the tavor has no ris rail as standard... theres only the raised one that you see the trijicon reflexes and acogs on...

from looking at the pictures i have i can see what you mean, i think i got the wrong end of the stick from the info tsi where giving me, but i think i;ve cleared it up in my head anyway

si-mars-01a.jpg
    MArs with 20mm adaptor you where talking about

tavor_idf_2.jpg
    rail mount for acogs and such

tavor_idf_3.jpg
    'built in' mars

tavor04xp3.jpg
    and the dmr version, i wish they would do the clip on legs (3rd pic from the bottom) I've seen rather than the harris
    I'd have no problem spending a few hours on a CNC to knock out a rail if there was space there to accommodate it.
    Also, how the heck did you get one so fast? I'm more than tired of waiting and I keep seeing new videos of it popping up that suggest it's available for sale. My pre-order still shows no sign of getting even a stocking date though.

i would buy one off you, i pre ordered mine in the uk, should have it early next week

• Advertisement

yeah if you knock up a 20mm rail... ill have one too...

Advertisement