Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i know there has been an ACM version about in small numbers if you know who to ask but it looks like magpul have finally released there official version, should make a few people happy
    Magpul PTS: PTS UBR finally available
    It is here: PTS UBR. And PTS MOE trigger guard is just icing on the cake:

Dear All,

We are shipping the following products now.

PTS UBR™ Collapsible Buttstock

The Magpul PTS UBR™ (Utility / Battle Rifle), U.S. Patent 6651371, is a fully-featured, adjustable butt stock for AEG M4 / M16. Unlike typical collapsing stocks, this modular design offers the stability of a fixed stock with consistent cheek weld in any position. Seven-position length-of-pull (LOP) adjustment is quickly executed with gross motor movement while the integral preset system allows direct access to a preferred position. The UBR™ also provides extra counterbalance weight to improve handling on full-length rifles and weapons with muzzle-heavy accessories or grenade launchers. Optional components such as dual-side sling mounts and metal strike plate allow the UBR™ to adapt to the mission at hand.

Features

- New design Receiver Extension tube which fits Lipo Battery.
    - It fit short type AEG receiver only.
    - 7-Position LOP adjustability with customizable preset system for fast access to preferred length
    - Made by DuPont™ Polymer with Reinforced Stock Body (Steel plate)
    - Solid “fixed stock” lockup in all positions
    - Repositionable cheek piece accommodates users requiring extra eye-relief
    - Stout construction provides counterbalance weight for improved weapon balance and handling
    - Sling Mounts
    - Front / Rear - push-button QD sling mounts
    - Bottom - 1.25" Sling loop

Included Accessories*

- Storage Module (Left-Right Reversible / Removable)
    - Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30” (Removable)
    - Front / Rear – dual side push-button QD sling mounts

PTS MOE™ Trigger Guard

The MOE™ Trigger Guard is an enhanced polymer drop in replacement for the Gas Blow Back (GBB) / SYSTEMA PTW M16/AR15 platform. It features a shallow “V” shape for better use of gloves in tactical shooting or cold weather operations. The MOE™ Trigger Guard is non-folding, has rounded edges, and fills the annoying “gap” at the rear of the standard trigger guard.

Regards

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division

magpul_ubr_stock_1406.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Some more UBR pics.

UBR-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I love that stock. Although knowing Magpul PTS, its probably gonna cost as much as a real steal stock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

should have a clone one on the way in the next week or so, will post details when i know more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Masada wrote: »
    I love that stock. Although knowing Magpul PTS, its probably gonna cost as much as a real steal stock. :(

Actually, you're looking around the 100-150 mark from what I've heard so far. A bit more expensive than the CTR, but cheaper than the RS version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

$150's the price. For an airsoft stock? No thanks. Magpul PTS seriously need to sort out their pricing, all their prices are near enough the same for a real one.

ACM one all the way :)

I paid 100 for my CTR happily. I have three of them and I've intentions to buy more. I, and many more I know, were fully willing to buy the RS one for 250+ as it was, so 150 is a bargain.

Yeah but if it was actual magpul gear then it would justify the price. its really just some company in china that has been cantracted to produce the airsoft stuff for magpul. I have ordered a load of Magpul PTS stuff myself but i do agree its always over priced for what it is. :)

should have a clone one on the way in the next week or so, will post details when i know more

there has been a clone one about the last few months but like the masada had problems with magpul defending there intellectual property

NakedDex wrote: »
    I paid 100 for my CTR happily. I have three of them and I've intentions to buy more. I, and many more I know, were fully willing to buy the RS one for 250+ as it was, so 150 is a bargain.

Yeah but your comparing a genuine Magpul part - Designed for use on real firearms - to a Chinese airsoft part. Obviously, if you can afford it, you'll go for the real one, but it's not a bargain in comparison to what your getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

actually no...

magpull make airsoft VERSIONS of thier real steel stocks and parts... Not the 'genuine' ones being rs...

Im afraid magpull are raping your wallet and its not 'designed for use on rs' sorry to burst your little gucci bubble.

By RS I do mean original Magpul stocks made for RS rifles. The PTS division does the airsoft versions of the original products. My CTR stocks and MIAD grips are PTS versions of the real deal gear. Plenty strong enough for airsoft abuse, but not strong/durable enough, or even the right sizes for, RS rifle use. The RS UBR is about $250-300, depending on where you shop, this new PTS version is expected to be around $150.
    The "Gucci bubble" is firmly intact, as long as you're not deluding yourself into thinking you're getting RS gear at PTS prices.

No... not real gear at pts prices...

I get my real gear at MUCH less than pts prices ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I find a lump of wood does a fine job as a stock.

Or a few bits of stamped steel allow a lovely side folding stock, for cqb action.

It really is a marvellous age we live in. :)

No... not real gear at pts prices...

I get my real gear at MUCH less than pts prices

ow yest the lovely airsoft tax lot of company's and shops like to apply, by it direct or from a non airsoft store at one price, buy it from an airsoft store and up goes the price :)

best places to get real stuff for rifles? gun auction sites... the us etc.. gun fairs... us gun enthusiasts keep things in good nick... its not like 90% of the tubby back garden warriors ever get to do anything wary with thier guns...

My stock is RS CBC TDI stock... acog is real... Admitedly the acog came via a high ranking uncle and an undisclosed military's 'dustbin'. All legal like... but i fear we are veering hugely off topic...

i get a lot of rs ak parts furniture manly from auction sites and a few stores in the us that ship internationally, airsoft ak wood set 100usd + sometimes, rs ak set as love as 20 -30 usd, airsoft copy of the posp 150usd real steel posp from auction site 100usd....go figure

indeed... and if they dont ship out of the us... (usually the cheapest ones...) have a nice us friend :D

have a nice us friend

im rather happy because that option has just become avaliable to me :) a friend i skirmish with has family in the us, know only if i could get a friend living in st petersberg for my Russian gear.....

clone of the ghk gbb system, not many details yet, looks to be steel so hopefully a cheap source of spares for me and a great entry path for people who want to get into gbb aks, also praying for cheap mags :)

• Advertisement

My best mate is doing her year abroad in St Petersberg :D but somehow i dont imagine shes the sort to go to gear stores XD

the us... ive gotten Federal/LEO only kit thanks to haveing a US federal agent as a friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Is it agent booth? I like his glock...lol

he has a revolver, glock, and sig at various points <3 bones :D

I want Bones's revolver mind :D

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3663

Is this news?

I don't remember, anyway, full steel ak74 with the laminated furnitue on gunner, full stock model.

Did I post this yet? It feels like I have, but feck it, the new(or nearly new) kalash AK.

Just a matter of time for akm and akms.

Old, but yah, nice... been out since early jan late dec

Puding wrote: »

clone of the ghk gbb system, not many details yet, looks to be steel so hopefully a cheap source of spares for me and a great entry path for people who want to get into gbb aks, also praying for cheap mags :)

Do they have the proper skinny grips?

the original ghk kit does, you can use real steel pistol grips if you so wish no idea on the clone thought

Firekitten wrote: »
    actually no...

magpull make airsoft VERSIONS of thier real steel stocks and parts... Not the 'genuine' ones being rs...

Im afraid magpull are raping your wallet and its not 'designed for use on rs' sorry to burst your little gucci bubble.

Magpul don't make a single thing for airsoft ;)

Magpul PTS is a completely different company, and only has the rights off Magpul to use their name and designs for products, so they manufacturer these products out of China (Company is based in HK). So therefore there is no point in paying twice the price for PTS replica's over the normal ACM copies.

That right, Magpul PTS and Magpul are seperate companys. that said the quality of the PTS stuff is still really good, but its not Magpul. you'll notice a real steel MIAD grip has loads of tiny magpul logo's on it to give it texture, the PTS one just has a rough texture to it and no logo's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

UBR is $149.95 on Redwolf

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=27024

Bit too steep to tempt me for now. Roll on the clones.

Advertisement