Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Its 16.10pm... Saturday the 20th June, I now pronounce the joke dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

already posted by someone (the gbb stuff)

also this is on gunner, fan goggles for the masses..

mtmask-01.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

rofl., tommy, that was beyond crude. :D

FK, i have my gbb a bit longer than most people so ive past the honeymoon period with it a while back, had to do something to regenerate my interest. :D

bad thing is though, i got no rails with the forend and my ladder rails are missing. :(

Puding, you won't be dissapointed with the MIAD, its a peach. nice and handy to change over too. :)

Masada wrote: »

FK, i have my gbb a bit longer than most people so ive past the honeymoon period with it a while back, had to do something to regenerate my interest. :D

Doesnt change the fact you're Dublin's anwer to the fast and the furious ;) or possibly blackout crew...

rofl....

fast and the furious? maybe...

blackout grew, i ave no idea who they are, are they like a boy band or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Richie you haven't gotten rid of the civic for a glanza have you? Say it aint so!

feck no!!

:D

wouldnt take one if it was free.

Isnt that you in the white hoodie? do you want to admit to your moonlighting from Tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

go on the scouse house, on a more serious note, heres the second piece of news on this page.:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvTBpN_kzs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fairsoftnews.eu%2Fnews.php&feature=player_embedded

pity about the plastic sound off it, prime metal kit would be the only shots for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

enough of these strange videos :) we are already disusing the relationship between magpul and vtec in a number of other places , back to airsoft :)

madbull UAV ! i have one :P

• Advertisement

why do i get the picture there are soon to be a lot of decapitated airsofters?

why do i get the picture there are soon to be a lot of decapitated airsofters?

of course officer it was an accident........

I got an RC heli in the head once, hurt like hell the bleedin thing, but it didnt do any damage, and it fell apart.,lol probably lucky it hit my head, anywhere else and i could have got hurt.

:D

*shrugs* darwin will prevail....

Tbh if this is what airsoft is becoming.... standard rules nolonger apply...

Cornershots... 'unsporting'

Mortars/203s... 'unsporting'

Uav.... '__________'

to be honest airsoft UAV is not really a new idea and there has already been a number of workable practical application of the concept out there, i even remember read or hearing about on a podcast about a us even where they had 2 uav for each side with live video update that you could call on to use, they got there local RC club involved see if i can find some info

like this

where does skirmish sim end, and warfare sim begin?

When will we have drivers? signalers? tech support in skirmishes? chains of command miles from the skirmish site, sat around tables playing with us like a strategy game...? It could be fun, dont get me wrong, but the cut and thrust of battle is being diluted by this sort of advance. Sure, real mil can use it. but war isnt fair...

Airsoft needs to retain a little of that to be playable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Firekitten wrote: »
    where does skirmish sim end, and warfare sim begin?

When will we have drivers? signalers? tech support in skirmishes? chains of command miles from the skirmish site, sat around tables playing with us like a strategy game...? It could be fun, dont get me wrong, but the cut and thrust of battle is being diluted by this sort of advance. Sure, real mil can use it. but war isnt fair...

Airsoft needs to retain a little of that to be playable imo.

True but there is no reason not to implement as much of it as possible. Thats why we have "games masters", to write things and set the rules of use in such a way as to make them ... not fair ... but playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I just think it'll be funny to see the look on someone's face when their €500 UAV gets shot down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

True but there is no reason not to implement as much of it as possible. Thats why we have "games masters", to write things and set the rules of use in such a way as to make them ... not fair ... but playable.

roll three d6 to see if you can disarm the claymore?

tbh my first priority when i see a uav will be giving it a nice short 20 second burst from the pig.... unless they are practically disposible... have fun.

Vundictive? no.

But real armies can shoot them down, why does airsoft have to be 'unattackable?'

We had a issue at a stirling airsoft event at Catterick Garrison in north yorkshire...

Thier vehicle rules were that if boots were on the ground... shoot dismounted troops, or the gunner in the wimick's turret...

otherwise... unattackable... They abused that when they began to lose... doing 'unattackable' recce's of our positions. If a UAV can be launched, in the interest of fairness, they must be brought down too... if spotted or in range.

As for huge tactical games... awesome yes, lovely idea. As long as we dont end up with front and second line troops... and some brainiac decidess in the interest of milsim... i cant fight... (Side point, but equally relevant)

• Advertisement

I wouldnt see that as being sporting to be honest, its nice to mimick the real world s much as possible but i for one would rather get shot and take a regen than to shoot someones expencive piece equipment out of the air, potentially costing them a lot of money.

Id like to see it used in games though, have been toying with the idea of making something like this for ages. very Ghost Recon Advanced Warefighter-esque.

I wouldnt see that as being sporting to be honest, its nice to mimick the real world s much as possible but i for one would rather get shot and take a regen than to shoot someones expencive piece equipment out of the air, potentially costing them a lot of money.

Id like to see it used in games though, have been toying with the idea of making something like this for ages. very Ghost Recon Advanced Warefighter-esque.
    In your own words... unsporting....

Why should we just get shot and go regen? why should they have the right to see us when we cant?

swings and roundabouts, and imo the entire concept is lovely for a giggle... but unsporting for a skirmish.... Potentially an awesome marshaling tool though.

for anyone who's got the M4 GBB lately,
    this is highly recomended, i broke the hammer pin after a few thousand rounds and had to make a new one, this will replace the hammer and trigger pins, linking them together so they cant fall out. nifty idea. :)
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/anti-rotation-links-p-2316.html
    gb111%20WA%20Anti%20Rotation%20Links.jpg

Firekitten wrote: »
    In your own words... unsporting....

Why should we just get shot and go regen? why should they have the right to see us when we cant?

swings and roundabouts, and imo the entire concept is lovely for a giggle... but unsporting for a skirmish.... Potentially an awesome marshaling tool though.

I don't see what would be stopping the other team from getting one either, plus it doesnt actually kill anyone and the players still need to go kill these people who have been spotted,

realistically we can nit pick on advantages with no end to it, is it fair that i have a G&G hi rof setup against some guy with a clone el cheapo?

im sure the marshalls would introduce guidlines for the use of a UAV like a capture point or something, like radio masts or something. if these are taken then the operator isnt allowed to use the UAV in that area etc etc. if i didnt agree with the advantage gained, id rather comlpain than shoot it down, that to me would be very spiteful.,

it helps if you can use that g&g setup honey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

for anyone who's got the M4 GBB lately,
    this is highly recomended, i broke the hammer pin after a few thousand rounds and had to make a new one, this will

Telling us stuff about parts breaking and I only after handing
    over me cash this morning!! :eek:

~B

roflolz, tis great from someone who has never even seen me, let alone felt the sting from the BB im gonna give er in sennybridge....

:p

bullets wrote: »
    Telling us stuff about parts breaking and I only after handing
    over me cash this morning!! :eek:

~B

lol, ive mentioned it about 3-4 times now, its nothing serious though, just a pin. this new piece will greatly improve it though, ive ordered mine already.
    As with all gas guns though, its going to need more TLC than an AEG and isnt going to be as reliable as an AEG. :)

roflolz, tis great from someone who has never even seen me, let alone felt the sting from the BB im gonna give er in sennybridge....

:p
    This works both ways Richie....
    And to shoot me, you'd have to catch me napping... good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You are both on the tan team ffs :p

Advertisement