Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Erm... they kind of missed the U in UAV tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You are both on the tan team ffs :p
    Ask Lemming... that doesnt stop me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

kdouglas wrote: »
    Erm... they kind of missed the U in UAV tbh

How so?
    The unmanned refers to the fact that theres no one in the aircraft. Yes some UAV's fly autonomously, but most of them are remotely piloted (At least to my knowledge).

I think he was refering to the lovely big umbilical cable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    How so?
    The unmanned refers to the fact that theres no one in the aircraft. Yes some UAV's fly autonomously, but most of them are remotely piloted (At least to my knowledge).

Touche, however I do have plans to build my own UAV with GPS based guidance system which can fly autonomously, meaning the operator doesn't have to have line of sight to it and also you can watch the video footage without having to worry about flying the bloody thing.
    Firekitten wrote: »

That too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i know there is the technology in r/c kinda like a dead mans switch , if the controler is switched off or contact is lost it will fly in a box or circle at a set altitude, not as high tech as following gps but the tech is already there and being used in rc so somthing that is a posibility,

fly to location
    turn of controler
    flying in holding pattern
    turn on controler
    fly to new location or land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

RSOV has the AGM M4 GBB Magazines in stock again.

eHobby and Ebaybanned are still out of stock though, mind you with shipping and the new product discount RSOV works out about the same as Ebaybanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Nice crack off the mp7!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Probably not news but I thought I'd post it here, for all the WWII lads
    Sten Gun Sling. Cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Just because its not a good UAV doesn't mean its not a UAV :p:D.
    kdouglas wrote: »
    Touche, however I do have plans to build my own UAV with GPS based guidance system which can fly autonomously, meaning the operator doesn't have to have line of sight to it and also you can watch the video footage without having to worry about flying the bloody thing.

That sounds a lot more useful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Anybody else here about systema going pop?

they've stopped production of airsoft equipment altogether, ohh the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You're kidding? I know you weren't the biggest fan of them but that's still a big hitter to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

NakedDex wrote: »
    You're kidding? I know you weren't the biggest fan of them but that's still a big hitter to go out.

No, its true.

They say its "temporary"...but we'll see. Its very hard to recover from a total shutdown like that.

yup, theres a few stories around the internet about it already.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Anyone know why they're temporarily stopped? It'd be a shame to see them go, I havnt really seen much stuff from them. That said for anyone whos sitting on a systema your gun might suddenly go up in value...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Anyone know why they're temporarily stopped? It'd be a shame to see them go, I havnt really seen much stuff from them. That said for anyone whos sitting on a systema your gun might suddenly go up in value...

Great ... so now airsoft goes like the classic car market. Everyone wants to buy one but as soon as you get one you realise things like "Where the hell do I get replacement parts?".

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Not paticularly suprising... Systema's control of the market of high realism guns has ended. With the advent of the gbb assault rifles, The systema's advantages dwindle...

Stops when empty... gbbs do too...
    fast trigger response... so do gbbs
    real steel dimensions... so do gbbs.

The gbb also has a mag at real weight, and weighs bout the same, not more than a real m4. It also has recoil, and can get stoppages... If anything, systema is probably diving into the gbb market themselves, because the future of realism is apearing with these new generation of rifles....

Will a PTW's value go up? I seriously doubt it, if anything, they will fall.

It might have something to do with the PTW clones out there at the moment too,

i think their stuff was grossly over rated and over priced anyway so its now huge loss. In all the replacement gearboxes i have installed i have never had one work without a hitch, low power, stripped piston etc etc.

I remember a certain guy whining on irc about how he had gotten an 07 model... not an 08 and was deaply upset....

Nomatter how much i told him that was a GOOD thing... because the 08 motors eat themselves with unfortuante regularity... he wouldnt belive that... its 08... its newer.. its better.... the systema buyer mentality is generally ignorant of the fine details.

Overpriced? Totally agree Richie... Especially as i play against them regularly, and see better performance out of regular aegs...
    heck my 320 tavor was outranging and out shooting 370ptws... *whistles*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Always felt systema aegs were a complete waste of money myself, very over priced for what they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

I remember a certain guy whining on irc about how he had gotten an 07 model... not an 08 and was deaply upset....

Nomatter how much i told him that was a GOOD thing... because the 08 motors eat themselves with unfortuante regularity... he wouldnt belive that... its 08... its newer.. its better.... the systema buyer mentality is generally ignorant of the fine details.

I wouldn't believe that? What bs. I know that they do, and I've told you that many times - Fixable by a simple mod. The electronics are much improved over the 07' (Both new pieces). Systema buyers are ignorant of those stuff? Systema owners generally buy them with the knowledge of it's shortfalls and know that when these problems are fixed they have an excellent AEG. Bit of a huge generalization to say that Systema buyers are "ignorant'.

Anyway, It's only Systema traditional AEG parts that are being stopped temporarily. This is due to some of the factories from which they source parts from, which are also automotive factories going bust, so they need to look for new suppliers etc. PTW stuff is unaffected, as it is made in house and sales have actually increased, possibly due to the shortfalls of the CTW.
    Not paticularly suprising... Systema's control of the market of high realism guns has ended. With the advent of the gbb assault rifles, The systema's advantages dwindle...

Stops when empty... gbbs do too...
    fast trigger response... so do gbbs
    real steel dimensions... so do gbbs.

The gbb also has a mag at real weight, and weighs bout the same, not more than a real m4. It also has recoil, and can get stoppages... If anything, systema is probably diving into the gbb market themselves, because the future of realism is apearing with these new generation of rifles....

Gas systems in airsoft guns at the minute are far too unstable to take over AEG's/PTW's. e.g Compare a GBB to an AEG/PTW in the middle of Winter and GBB's are generally useless, only really for Summer use in this climate tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Spetzcong wrote: »
    RSOV has the AGM M4 GBB Magazines in stock again.

eHobby and Ebaybanned are still out of stock though, mind you with shipping and the new product discount RSOV works out about the same as Ebaybanned.

One day and BAM, they're out again.
    http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    One day and BAM, they're out again.

Welcome to my world :(

pictures are a bit old, same source as orginal ares tavor frame, no other deta\ils nothing at all confirmed

maybe just maybe a micro tavor aeg...

tavor4.jpg
    tavor3.jpg
    tavor2.jpg
    tavor1.jpg

I smell clone RIS mount base... and clone Trijicon reflex... a first for airsof in both respects :o DO WANT

edit: also, its not an aeg... read the label.. if my eyes dont decive me... it says micro tavor blow back...

i noticed that as well, but I'm holding judgment as it could easily be a translation issue ( original images from Philippine store) so the blow back could apply to an electric blow back system where the cover flying back and forth about 20mm

considering that the new tsi is rumoured to have a gas version.. its not beyond imagination, but true, it could be
    however neither current maker has an ebb version

tsi did confirm they where working on a drop in gbb kit for there tavor, tsi is a small company based in us as far as i remember could not imagine pictures of there product coming out like this, does have the air of a 'clone', like jls releasing there fn2000

either way will have to wait but would be nice to have the tavor and micro

edit: as you said a clone Trijicon would be very nice, do not fancy paying the 400usd i was quoted when i was looking for one for my m4

• Advertisement

how was the JLS f2000 a clone?

nobody else made one :D

Advertisement