Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

and the point being....

hears the line

and they did not just go over it, they got in a big rig and ran it into the ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Are you kidding? this would be brilliant in somewhere like sennybridge in the middle of a night game., :D

Are you kidding? this would be brilliant in somewhere like sennybridge in the middle of a night game.,

nope still don't get it , the glow from the screen would make your face a nice target thought so there an up side :P, you could wear a bag over your head to stop that....hay look in fact there are lots of up sides ;)

but no there is no way you can convince me that this is anyway practical, and if you can not find your way round sennybridge even in the dark you have problem :)

lol., its not about practicallity, its about gucci. :D

lol., its not about practicallity, its about gucci.

but come on man there has to be a line :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Nah no one will ever buy it though.

It's in ACU like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

Nah no one will ever buy it though.

It's in ACU like.

the Ghosts might ..... they bought the pyjama cam didnt they

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I think the Ghosts use tiger stripe now. Which, probably, leaves me as the consistent one remaining ACU user in the nation.
    Puding wrote: »
    but come on man there has to be a line :rolleyes:

Gucci knows no boundaries. To know this, is to know Gucci.

Incidentally, I'll take one. Not so much for the GPS, but this is basically a subsection of the Landwarrior system so I reckon there'd be a way of hooking that screen into a RIS mounted video unit to allow checking around corners just as the real one is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

it would be quite cool from a different point of view, if everyone was wearing a basic GPS transmitter the site owner could know where everyone was and once someone dies they could turn it off, it would be kind intersting to watch on screen afterwards what movemnet what teams made and what worked and what not

Problem is that system needs a slave laptop/netbook to run the entire system and an internet connection to give your real time mapping. By the looks of things it's nothing more than a remote screen for your computer with a simple overlay using Google Earth.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Not really a fan of that look tbh... but any actual fan outthere has allready got real steel grips for thiers...

(even if mine are pink punisher skulls)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Firekitten wrote: »
    Not really a fan of that look tbh... but any actual fan outthere has allready got real steel grips for thiers...

(even if mine are pink punisher skulls)

I have been looking for grips like them for weeks now. Its amazing there are not more airsoft versions around . The overall selection of airsoft 1911 grips is very crappy to say the least for such a popular GBB model.

I was going to order real grips but don't want the hassle of having the gards on my door looking for a licence over two pieces of wood. The price of some of the real grips aswell were a bit mad, around $200+ for a nice set of rosewood grips. Then it would kill me to have to take a file to them to get them to fit snugly.

Firstly... the guard wont care... its a bit of polymer or wood... and most will fly under thier radar... if they ask, just tell them its airsoft... theres no way to tell...

I got mine on ebay... check it out '`1911 grips' search... thousands, and not that expensive! I got my punisher grips for 60$ posted, and a second set for half price... They fit perfectly fine with a tiny bit of scalpel work around the hole itself because its a tad proud on the airsoft, but they fit entirely fine... no file work needed. I love mine...
    Kimberkitty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I get 99% of things I get imported stopped by customs, you'd think they'd know me after 3 years:).

Sure last week, the amount of phone calls and emails I had to make over an AR15 wrench and spanner set from RSOV was unreal.

I'll try ol ebay for grips though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

NakedDex wrote: »
    I think the Ghosts use tiger stripe now. Which, probably, leaves me as the consistent one remaining ACU user in the nation.

We Use Both... :D

i think ill start saving for that landwarrior kit now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You all know that the yanks took one look at the field-testable prototype landwarrior systems and sent them back right?

Sh*te, impractical, far more info than your average squaddie needs, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive per man, and ...

wait for it ....

weighed an absolute f*cking ton. Never mind the rest of your kit.

I reckon that could be done will minimal weight to the user actually,
    Ive been building a Felin Industries Soldier loadout for a while now and that would make a nice addition., :)

Lemming wrote: »
    You all know that the yanks took one look at the field-testable prototype landwarrior systems and sent them back right?

Sh*te, impractical, far more info than your average squaddie needs, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive per man, and ...

wait for it ....

weighed an absolute f*cking ton. Never mind the rest of your kit.
    Yeah, but like everything else they've overstretched themselves making, a couple of small good things have come out of it.
    Depending on the price, I'd get it but there's no sodding way I'd be arsed putting a netbook with a net connection into a back pack along with all that GPS gear. I just want the helmet mounted viewfinder to connect to a rifle mounted optic to allow scouting around corners etc.

I just want the helmet mounted viewfinder to connect to a rifle mounted optic to allow scouting around corners etc.

its called a mirror :) never leave home without one in your webbing :P and none of the stupid remarks i know some of your are thinking already ;)

• Advertisement

But that's not Guc... Oh wait, you saw that coming.

I keep a mirror anyway, but a system like that gives you the ability to provide overwatch on a wider arc, check hidden areas that aren't neccessarily corners etc. It also would allow (if the video pack was wireless) to place the camera in a remote location for overwatch, for example, on a weak flank or over an ambush point set up with mines.
    Also, since there's an upsurge in the number of events with vehicles, it could be used for remotely viewing from a pintel mount or mounting/dismounting ramps/doors from the safety of the cab. That, in turn, could help with not being slaughtered as you disembark an APC because you didn't see the five lads shadowing the vehicle.

Plus, it's a gadget. I like gadgets. Especially silly ones.

its called a mirror :) never leave home without one in your webbing :P and none of the stupid remarks i know some of your are thinking already ;)
    That you like looking at yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

NakedDex wrote: »
    But that's not Guc... Oh wait, you saw that coming.

I keep a mirror anyway, but a system like that gives you the ability to provide overwatch on a wider arc, check hidden areas that aren't neccessarily corners etc. It also would allow (if the video pack was wireless) to place the camera in a remote location for overwatch, for example, on a weak flank or over an ambush point set up with mines.
    Also, since there's an upsurge in the number of events with vehicles, it could be used for remotely viewing from a pintel mount or mounting/dismounting ramps/doors from the safety of the cab. That, in turn, could help with not being slaughtered as you disembark an APC because you didn't see the five lads shadowing the vehicle.

Plus, it's a gadget. I like gadgets. Especially silly ones.

You're just looking for a sneaky way around the blind firing rule aren't ya?

Spetzcong wrote: »
    You're just looking for a sneaky way around the blind firing rule aren't ya?

i did not want to be the first one to say it :)

Moi??? While technically it would be a loophole, it's not one I'd exploit. The game is about honour and that'd give a fairly nasty advantage if all I had to do was poke my gun around a corner and pop a few aimed shots off. In real life that saves lives, in airsoft it urinates all over the unwritten code of the game.
    I just want a gadget. It'd also be awesome if I could hook solitaire into it somehow, maybe then I'd develop the patience for sniping.

Hangon... its not a loop hole, its not 'sneaking around it' and its not 'breaking' the rule....

What is blind fire? a safety rule to stop injury by not looking...

Gun cam = looking... Same as mk1 eyeball.... so the rule nolonger applies...

we stray into 'is it sporting' territory, but with the advent of airsoft mortars, whats fair anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firekitten wrote: »
    Hangon... its not a loop hole, its not 'sneaking around it' and its not 'breaking' the rule....

What is blind fire? a safety rule to stop injury by not looking...

Gun cam = looking... Same as mk1 eyeball.... so the rule nolonger applies...

we stray into 'is it sporting' territory, but with the advent of airsoft mortars, whats fair anymore?

You could use the same theory when say looking through a pallet, window, mesh etc.

With my hearing I could safely and accurately locate a target around a corner , knowing the targets distance from myself, but i don't go shooting around corners.

You can only fire at a target when

A) You can sight your rifle at the target through the guns optics, iron sights.
    B) You can sight the target and hip fire.

You could read into the rules and say a mirror or camera on a gun is not blindfire, as I could say its not blindfiring or dangerous play when i shoot around a corner cause i know the persons there.

But you dont do it, it IS against the rules and would just cause controversy...

You filthy dirty cheaters....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

some news predicted by puding

the all steel kalash ak on gunner

db-rk10s-01.JPG

somthing i;ve been waiting for and would snap up at any other time, just the new laws on the horizon making me hold back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

somthing i;ve been waiting for and would snap up at any other time, just the new laws on the horizon making me hold back

same here...i would chance it if it was legal by default but it takes gunner a few weeks to mod it below 328...so in a word....bugger...

Advertisement