Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Puding wrote: »
    some new cyma ak stuff

rpk74
    dsc00916fct.jpg
    looks good accurate, good wood and lovely fake bolt, hoping for m version with maybe folding stock and plum furniture :)

Any idea what way it goes together, im presuming a la VFC given their recent offereings, a RA Tech kit and CO2 mag internals inside an RPK mag would the the right job for keeping heads down, if a little low on capacity, though im sure that could be worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i believe it is vfc construction method, cymas last akm was also vfc design they seem to have switched over so yes the ratech kit would fit in co2 mags and adjustable value would work rather well, expensive on mags but nice nether the less :)

fitting the co2 mags into a rpk mag would not be easy also due to there design changing of the co2 capsule would also be made harder

edit: i did price up doing a gbb rpk with external rig, this may just make that a cheaper and more practical over the lct version

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

external rig up, although i abhor them, would be the way to go for a support gun, epecially if they ran AEG mags....or a drum....

Didnt some yank airgun manufacturer bring out something like that a while back for AKs?

http://www.airsoftgasblowbacks.com/

i got the quote from them, i do not normal like the external system but for a support weapon i do think it is the way to go

only issue i had was where to get tanks charged :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

On the note of support weapons....

Who thinks we should all chip in to get lemming one of these?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=LCT-ACC-M122_srch_1

• Advertisement

i noticed that on lct's web site some time ago, did not expect such a high price thought :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

BOC Gas will rent you a CO2 cylinder by the month or year for a good price (they've most likely changed since I looked at them). Once you empty it you just call them and they'll send out a tech to refill it for you for a charge (which, again, isn't much).
    We got them the odd time for O/A torches.

will have to look into that, i might have to send you a pm i have little experience of external rigs so might need some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Firekitten wrote: »

jeeze, if i had an m60 i would so get that....

Firekitten wrote: »

Íosa Críost... $700? For that money I could buy the A&K version and get the materials to make up the same tripod, and still have money left for a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Price fail.

hears hoping for a clone version :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

In fairness, its worth it for what it is. they'll sell very few of the so the price is always going to be high and if your mad enough to have bought the Ino 60 then this is pocket change compared, If i had a 60 I would buy it., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

hears hoping for a clone version :P

Heck, how much is a real m60 tripod rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

http://www.airsoftgasblowbacks.com/

i got the quote from them, i do not normal like the external system but for a support weapon i do think it is the way to go

Ah brings back memories, I remember asking about
    Airsoft Gear that was externally powered by a rig before
    but never got an answer as to if it was Legal to purchase or not.

As in, the Airsoft gun itself is not responsible for the
    Power of the gun, it could be sub 1j or over 1j depending
    on the supply of the gas!.

An External rig purchased seperatly to the gun could be
    fixed to supply gas so the gun fires at under 1j.....
    ....but a different external rig could be used to make it fire over 1j.

So it begs the question is the gun itself legal to purchase.

I personally would love something like this, the gas line
    is hidden in the sling, and the external tank can be on yer back, and you can use a gas for continues fire without the
    cool down effect.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Id hazard a guess that the Airsoft gun becomes a part of the overall device, the rig being an integral part.

Imagine an aeg, with two springs, a hot one and a legal one.

By installing the hot one, the legal aeg becomes illegal, so using a rig of gas that can't produce +1 joule energies would be legal, as installing another rig would be akin to installing a different spring.

This is just my opinion, but using a different rig would constitute a modification, replacing an integral part of the device with a different one.

Might be worth firing an e-mail on to the IAA or posting in dedicated thread, for some clarification. In any case, err on the side of caution legality wise unless reliably* told otherwise.

*I probably don't count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bod is god

Id hazard a guess that the Airsoft gun becomes a part of the overall device, the rig being an integral part.

Imagine an aeg, with two springs, a hot one and a legal one.

By installing the hot one, the legal aeg becomes illegal, so using a rig of gas that can't produce +1 joule energies would be legal, as installing another rig would be akin to installing a different spring.

This is just my opinion, but using a different rig would constitute a modification, replacing an integral part of the device with a different one.

Might be worth firing an e-mail on to the IAA or posting in dedicated thread, for some clarification. In any case, err on the side of caution legality wise unless reliably* told otherwise.

*I probably don't count!

or maybe try the DOJ....them that actually make the laws.....

advise phfail:cool:

Heck, how much is a real m60 tripod rig.

I just checked and guess what....

It'll be around 40ish euro, :eek:

problem is, its on the other side of the world., lol

Looks like 330-350fps in a 30degree temperature. That might just be on the sweet spot for our climate, i reckon it would be about 300-310 in ours. 20rps too, not bad.

Doesn't look like that thing could kick snow off a gate. Where's the recoil? What's the point of a GBB if there's no recoil?!
    I do want one, but I want to try it first. If there's any kick in it at all, I'll get one.

• Advertisement

Isn't that one of the main attractions of the real one? lack of recoil.

Everything has recoil, it's just a case of how much. The MP7 reportedly has very little alright, but not none. I haven't fired the real one to know how much but from the videos I've seen it's a heck of a lot more than what that one is producing.

comparing the performance from an airsoft to that of the real deal is kinda sad though, wouldn't ya agree,
    Were never gonna have realistic recoil, and that one is probably better than you think anyway, recoil is often better than it appears in the vids because of the frame rate not being able for the speed of the recoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

But still, the general idea of a GBB is to have, blow back, so doesn't that just make it a mp7 G..?

I don't see the point in a gas gun other than blowback.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That actually looks pretty good overall, any word on a price for it? I'm guessing around 270-300USD?

Masada wrote: »
    comparing the performance from an airsoft to that of the real deal is kinda sad though, wouldn't ya agree,
    Were never gonna have realistic recoil, and that one is probably better than you think anyway, recoil is often better than it appears in the vids because of the frame rate not being able for the speed of the recoil.

You compared it by saying the attraction of the real one is lack of recoil? Sad? Easy now.

I'm not looking for bang on realistic recoil, I'm just looking for actual recoil. I know the frame rate fecks up proper videos of such a fast motion but I there are tell tale signs normally. Like I said though, I'm reserving judgement until I get a few shots off on one myself. If it kicks like the Mac11, that's plenty for me. I'm not looking for something that's going to shake the molars out of my head, I'm just looking for something more than the bolt cover shattering over and back like the Top Techs and L85's.

But still, the general idea of a GBB is to have, blow back, so doesn't that just make it a mp7 G..?

I don't see the point in a gas gun other than blowback.

Heres a video of My AGM GBB the day i got it, as you can see it doesnt appear to have any recoil at all, except...Byy-gum It does...:eek: (Say in Yorkshire accent)
    Video's can be deceptive. I wouldnt make up my mind based on one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Recoil:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Masada wrote: »
    Heres a video of My AGM GBB the day i got it, as you can see it doesnt appear to have any recoil at all, except...Byy-gum It does...:eek: (Say in Yorkshire accent)
    Video's can be deceptive. I wouldnt make up my mind based on one. :)

Ah sure that's just because moggser's a beast and has no time for Blow back.

Some have compared him to Chuck Norris.
    What little blowback you see there, is from Moggser and infact not the gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iceage wrote: »
    Recoil:rolleyes:

Clearly never fired an M4 GBB, even better effect is when you fire it with a scope on it and see how far the crosshair shifts from where you were aiming it, even at short range of 20 metres or so and a bi-pod fitted.

Advertisement