Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Clearly have fired RS.....so as I said, Recoil:rolleyes: As for optics, try iron sights at 600mtrs.

Anyway nuff advise. About that gas MP7........like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iceage wrote: »
    Clearly have fired RS.....so as I said, Recoil:rolleyes:

Yeah, but its airsoft. Weapon makers are trying to remove it and airsoft makers are trying to add it.

I watched a guy put with an AR15, c-mag, put 100 rounds down range in one go and from the vid online, it looked like he hardly moved, but I'm sure there was a fair spread at the other end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

iceage wrote: »
    Clearly have fired RS.....so as I said, Recoil:rolleyes: As for optics, try iron sights at 600mtrs.

Anyway nuff advise. About that gas MP7........like that. :)

believe it or not (and you probably wont. lol ), with my tuned up GBBr its actually comparable with a real armalite 5.56 when it comes to recoil.
    And i haven't installed many aftermarket parts, just machined the current ones and made things better. :)

I was gonna use the "yeah but its Airsoft" line but I thought Dex would have a go at me.....he doesn't scare me.....really. i was more worried about his blood pressure.

Hmmmm Masada, I feel a challenge coming on. Love to see that vid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm sure that's some kind of a joke at me, but I don't get it.

Either way, my original point stands, for me anyway. I don't like the Top Techs because their "blowback" is basically nothing more than a moving bolt cover. From the video that looks to be the same with this MP7 but I'd genuinely love to be wrong because I've been looking forward to these coming out. I'd love a GBB MP7 but I'm not willing to shell out for one if my existing AEG version gives me as much of a kick.

No dig Dex honest, but have to say and I'm not alone I'm sure when I say happy to see the MP7 appear. Recoil as you said would be very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    I just checked and guess what....

It'll be around 40ish euro, :eek:

problem is, its on the other side of the world., lol

I know you just fix the airsoft guns, but your friend Tony, well, he imports them, ask him about it, its a way to make far away things very close :P

Sounds like a very reasonable solution to 700$ on an airsoft replica, shipping would be what, aeg'ish cost? Was it in the US or Vietnam?

I know you just fix the airsoft guns, but your friend Tony, well, he imports them, ask him about it, its a way to make far away things very close :P

Sounds like a very reasonable solution to 700$ on an airsoft replica, shipping would be what, aeg'ish cost? Was it in the US or Vietnam?

Its not quite as clean cut as shipping from china, vietnam is a lot more shifty. things usually take weeks to arrive, even when sent by courier and in a lot of cases, they don't arrive at all. I had an M69 flack jacket sent over for lemming not long after i came back and i havent seen it.

Would it be available in the US market then maybe?

• Advertisement

Im sure ya could get it in US, my missus is heading over in a couple of weeks so i'll give her a photo and a list of surplus stores. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

In fairness, its worth it for what it is. they'll sell very few of the so the price is always going to be high and if your mad enough to have bought the Ino 60 then this is pocket change compared

Are you all implying that I'm gone in the head? :P

I just checked and guess what....

It'll be around 40ish euro, :eek:

problem is, its on the other side of the world., lol

This is a problem? ORLY? ;)
    Im sure ya could get it in US, my missus is heading over in a couple of weeks so i'll give her a photo and a list of surplus stores. :D

IZZATSO? Hmmm .. mind you I foresee problems as she tries to explain what the tripod is when at the check-in desk :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I
    This is just my opinion, but using a different rig would constitute a modification, replacing an integral part of the device with a different one.

Might be worth firing an e-mail on to the IAA or posting in dedicated thread, for some clarification. In any case, err on the side of caution legality wise unless reliably* told otherwise.

*I probably don't count!

I posted on the IAA page in March:
    http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=231

Guess it does not matter now if I cant import myself with the new laws.
    My Plan was "in theory" was more along the lines of purchasing and importing the gun on its own without any rig, should be legal as its got no way of propelling anything on its own and buying or getting a
    custom made rig set to under 1j separately. But then all talks of sourcing bottles
    of gas etc kinda made it too much hassle.

Not going to worry about it too much, with the popularity of all these new GBB's
    out at the moment hopefully we will see new and improved versions of long-arms
    with proper blow back. ie an actual bolt cycles back and forth (not a bolt cover) :-)

Lemming wrote: »

IZZATSO? Hmmm .. mind you I foresee problems as she tries to explain what the tripod is when at the check-in desk :pac::p

Its for a really heavy camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

bullets wrote: »
    I posted on the IAA page in March:
    http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=231

Guess it does not matter now if I cant import myself with the new laws.
    My Plan was "in theory" was more along the lines of purchasing and importing the gun on its own without any rig, should be legal as its got no way of propelling anything on its own and buying or getting a
    custom made rig set to under 1j separately. But then all talks of sourcing bottles
    of gas etc kinda made it too much hassle.

Not going to worry about it too much, with the popularity of all these new GBB's
    out at the moment hopefully we will see new and improved versions of long-arms
    with proper blow back. ie an actual bolt cycles back and forth (not a bolt cover) :-)

Hi Bullets,

We still do not have clarity on this issue. Gas devices seem to be tested to the maximum output they will allow. The IAA is meeting the authorities in the next week and I will get clarity on the external rigs. As it stands if the rig is regulated the max output of the device with the system turned to full should be 1 Joule, you cannot use the defence of I only ever would use it at the sub 1 Joule setting.

Sorry for the delay in response. Our inbox is always open info@irishairsoft.ie and we action these mails with 24 hours, please feel free to prod us via email if were missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I like the way they kept the standard scope mount under the removable 20mm rail but whats with the tiny silencer thing.

just the silencer that tm already make, thread is just a normal 14mm so not an issue to add what you would like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

the scope raiser... so hong mong softers can shoot rapid fire with thier bolty through thier paintball mask... pft....

and the silencer is highly redundant cosmeticly as they cloned the tanaka l96 integrated silencer outer barrel (fail as its fake)

not worth it imo.

• Advertisement

not worth it imo

why ? just we do not know the price yet, with vsr compatible internals insuring a ready supply of parts i can see this appealing to a lof of people

maruzen type 96 parts are readily available...
    clearly, its cylinder CANNOT be vsr10 type, the hop unit is the same, thats the only similarity, belive me. Otherwise, its a crap fake gun without any of the advantages over the maruzen... ie, same fixed stock, its even faker, and wow, a mag, im deffiantely going to buy it for that too long mag.... just what i always wanted :rolleyes:

its nout special, its tm producing more crap for the japanese market, only giving a damn about the japanese market as usual. Remember thier m4 pmc? tm are worse than chinese makers atm... and worse materials and rehashed crap.... you know they painted some m933 colt carbines tan, and charge 30 usd more than the standard model, same with thier 'tan' vsr10 prosniper... *pft*

sorry i like tm, the best pistols i own are tm, i love there m4 sopmod, i love the tm m14 / p90 / ak so we come from polar opposites :) tm has never let me down

a lot of people have been waiting for a correctly maged version for a long time, from the translation of the page parts will be vsr compatible where as some are new, even if it is just the hop up and barrel Assembly that is compatible that is great, a wonderful range of aftermarket parts exist im a glass half full kinda guy

Is this the TM L96 were talking about?

If so, only a fool would write off a TM release without having used it. its common knowledge that the VSR has been the benchmark that every other airsoft sniper has been trying to reach, why would one assume this L96 would be of lesser quality?

From a technical point of view, the TM is a work of art. they took the RS design and followed it much more closely than that of their competitors while making it a springer too, not just banged a gas mech in there. that would be easy.

Only experience will tell how good its going to be but I dont expect to be disappointed.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=27062

KSC mp7 out on redwolf for $349. Like others have said here I'm going to hang back and see just what kind of reviews come back on this regards recoil etc. It says here "Firing the KSC MP7 produces little to no recoil at all"........

Is this the TM L96 were talking about?

If so, only a fool would write off a TM release without having used it. its common knowledge that the VSR has been the benchmark that every other airsoft sniper has been trying to reach, why would one assume this L96 would be of lesser quality?

From a technical point of view, the TM is a work of art. they took the RS design and followed it much more closely than that of their competitors while making it a springer too, not just banged a gas mech in there. that would be easy.

Only experience will tell how good its going to be but I dont expect to be disappointed.

:)
    not writing it off, only pointing out that nobody has used it yet.
    Firstly, its not more accurate actually, the outer barrel is hideous, and never made by Accuracy international, and the mag is far too long.

the new design of the mech MAY be better, OR, may be worse, we just dont know, my point is, its new and untried....

lets not pretend TM are gods, who remembers the ar15 line they still sell? the shocking NBB revolvers, the abysmal ebbs?

who remembers the ar15 line they still sell?

i think that the point its 'still selling' so of there designs are 5 10 years old and still going strong, it has it issues what does not, but people still come into the shopping wanting to buy them

to me the barrel looks very close to the aws

I'll be getting that regardless. :)

will post a review when it comes in.
    Horse84 wrote: »
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=27062

KSC mp7 out on redwolf for $349. Like others have said here I'm going to hang back and see just what kind of reviews come back on this regards recoil etc. It says here "Firing the KSC MP7 produces little to no recoil at all"........

Firekitten wrote: »
    not writing it off, only pointing out that nobody has used it yet.
    Firstly, its not more accurate actually, the outer barrel is hideous, and never made by Accuracy international, and the mag is far too long.

the new design of the mech MAY be better, OR, may be worse, we just dont know, my point is, its new and untried....

lets not pretend TM are gods, who remembers the ar15 line they still sell? the shocking NBB revolvers, the abysmal ebbs?

Im not saying they are 1-1 accurate designs, but they are more accurate than anything L96ish before them. having the magazine in the right place is a big plus for them.
    The electric blowbacks are cheapo stuff for kids too, hardly something you would count as a pattern emerging.

• Advertisement

Afraid the most accurate series model is the aw.338 by ares/star and the well... gas yes, but the most accurate by far...

Advertisement