Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

NakedDex wrote: »
    The concept of a more realistic 40mm grenade has been around for some time, the problem of sheer danger is still there with this version. You've still got a full size grenade hurtling through the air. One mistimed firing, wild shot or unannounced movement and some poor sod is taking it to the head. As ever, the point of them is to fire at something like a wall, but accidents happen.
    None of this will be of consequence to us, however. Anyone want to work out the expected muzzle energy required to launch a gassed and loaded 40mm grenade even 20 yards and round it off to the nearest 10J?

That AP mod looks good. It's a shame they didn't build a better stand-alone mine instead of modding the Tornado though. It looks good there but, lets be honest, that's a promotional video so of course it does. I'm not sure I trust the Tornados reliability yet.

I think even those rubber caps for a 40mm grenade worked out at about 3J, so this is way out of our league unfortunately.

The impact tornado looks good. Could be useful, if it works in practice that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dexxxxxx did you have to go and say that ahh well one can dream ,
    id say where they would come into there own is room clearing in cqb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

The bounding trip mine looks sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i always had a hope we could get those grenade covers (the projectile one on rsov for example) and have a spot clear of people that dictates if a bunker is destroyed, kinda like a target the size of an a4page. the objective is to get close enough to fire some at a bunker....pity its way over the joule limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Given the unreliable timing of airsoft grenades, the impact grenades should be much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

humm bouncing mine :) lovely i can see it being painful coming down on someones head thought :eek: impact grenade great idea really nice for those indoor site in particular i would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Puding wrote: »
    humm bouncing mine :) lovely i can see it being painful coming down on someones head thought :eek: impact grenade great idea really nice for those indoor site in particular i would say

or alternatively, stand on something, look down to see what it was, have your nose broken

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the bouncing betty could be tethered using fishing line ,to aviod flying close to anybodys head ,
    then again it could accidentialy used like a 203

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Given the unreliability of the timer, I can envisage the shooting up in the air, falling back to the ground and having to wait a further number of seconds before it goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Given the unreliability of the timer, I can envisage the shooting up in the air, falling back to the ground and having to wait a further number of seconds before it goes off.

keep her warm and oiled and she will work like a dream.

i use the AI grenade oil on mine every second throw and when im going skirmishing i put mine in a pouch with a reuseable pocket hand warmer to keep it warm. i can set my watch by it;)

• Advertisement

picture of the echo1 proto type m240, possibly cheaper than the trigger version, yes please

echo1_m240b_1008.jpg

to me looks like could be a clone of the trigger happy version, knowing echo1 they could have done what they did with the clone p90 just buy the complete first run, possible a&k clone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

An M240, a proper support gun. M60 wha.....

Yes. Bloody. Please.

I'll take one with provision for a pintel mount thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

New ripstop muilticam on ebaybanned and its in the proper cut this time. the print also looks a lot better than previous ones. :)
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/prop-style-ripstop-multicam-coat-pants-p-2436.html
    Tank%20style%20Ripstop%20Multicam%20Coat%20&%20Pants.jpg
    this on gunner too, looks nice. glad i waited :)
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1670&osCsid=3448fe32972f67665be5b5e64c84bdc7
    well-g96dtan-01.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Should I be ashamed that I want the Multicam?

Tan AW.338? Yes please. Yes bloody please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

No Lefty everyone gets that urge just try not to go further with it or it'll cost you your soul

I think I'd rather the .338 in a darker tan but it is pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Should I be ashamed that I want the Multicam?

Yes. Yes you should :P:pac:

Have to say, I do like the cut of those BDU's. I wouldn't mind a set in OD or a khaki colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Anyone want to work out the expected muzzle energy required to launch a gassed and loaded 40mm grenade even 20 yards metres and round it off to the nearest 10J?

Even at 20m/s that's anything from 35 to 50 times over the limit. There's no practical set of rules you could come up with that would make that safe in a game. At 10m/s you might be around 13J, which is slightly less than paintball, but you'd still need a license, it might not even clear the launcher, and you'd need everyone armoured up :) Let's not go there.

I think it would be fun to use foam grenades to take out vehicles or "blow up" bunkers, providing they're light enough to stay under the joule. MadBull make one, but I can't find out what the projectile weighs. The effective range is given as only 10m. 8 grammes at 15m/s would work.

OzCam wrote: »
    Even at 20m/s that's anything from 35 to 50 times over the limit. There's no practical set of rules you could come up with that would make that safe in a game. At 10m/s you might be around 13J, which is slightly less than paintball, but you'd still need a license, it might not even clear the launcher, and you'd need everyone armoured up :) Let's not go there.

I was being sarcastic, hence "round it off to the nearest 10J". Depending on the weight you're looking at energies above 20J at a guess. Remember, this has to have enough power to detonate on impact, which means the impact against the flat surface it hits has to be sufficient to drive a firing pin of some description. It's going to need some serious energy to maintain that impact at any range.
    Regardless, the point is academic. It's not for us.

And with regard to the yards/meters thing. Everything in aviation is done in Imperial still, with the exception of Airbus plans (just the aircraft, everything else, including the engines, are back to Imperial) and, oddly Russian airspace (who demand everyone use metric while in their sky) so using yards is just pure habit for me. Hence why I use fps more so than m/s and talk about effective range in feet and yards rather than meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

So wait... In Ireland you limit a gas grenade? As its not even a 'rif or an IF' how does it even factor? Ours are not even cronoed... id love to see someone crono one legally...

by the way, have you considered that one bb in a moscart may equal '20j' but 200 = average of 200 per bb? ie, the active fireing fps?

unfortunately it would be a barrel and a projectile coming out of a barrel, so falls under the 1j rule

Right, ignore me, I just screwed the theoretical pooch in wondering wtf this was on about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

No worries, Dex. I'm known to take things very literally sometimes - too many years sitting in front of VDUs. I don't always see sarcasm unless it's pointed out to me. The yards/metres thing is my standing joke.

Anyway, I'd still like to see if we could legally use soft foam Nerf rounds. Maybe they'd be a waste of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

OzCam wrote: »
    Anyway, I'd still like to see if we could legally use soft foam Nerf rounds. Maybe they'd be a waste of time?

I would also like to see if these could be used

how does one quantify the muzzle energy of a nerf rocket with a moscart behind it? I've seen it done with regular shells... afterall its not a bb... and nerf rockets are legal ...

The issue is that, following the letter of the law, the launcher counts as a barrel, the moscart as the propellant/charge and the nerf rocket as the ammunition. Consequently the muzzle energy of the launcher must also be under 1J.
    This can be chrono'd, you'd just need one of the wider gate chrono's to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement