Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ladies and gents, I give you Masada, the official slut of Irish airsoft.

You get around more than herpes at a teenage disco. You also leave everyone with the same sense of shame and regret afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You forgot the "Envy". :p

In other news though, RSOV now have teh AW338 in OD, looks pretty good.
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3856
    gun_0527.jpg

gun_0527_4.jpg

gun_0527_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

just saw this its a laser that goes inside the guide spring

i dont kow if it would work with airsoft though

a_glock37a02.jpg

http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/lasermax_internal_guide_rod_la.htm

They've been out for years. The problem is I think they technically count as a firearm component. If they didn't, I'd be all over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

NakedDex wrote: »
    They've been out for years. The problem is I think they technically count as a firearm component. If they didn't, I'd be all over them.

You think, does anyone know if we can make sure one way or another?

• Advertisement

its a bit of a waste of time in an airsoft pistol. the spring guide in an airsoft pistol has far too much give in them to make it anywhere near useful since it'll never stay zero'd. Id sooner get the crimson trace or that one that hoplite got, theres a review of it in the reviews section. :)

It doesn't have to be zeroed, it has to be shiny. The more pointless it is, the more of a gadget it is and, therefore, the more I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NakedDex wrote: »

If it was for fitting to Airsoft would that not negate that? Its not like say a firing pin that will only work in RS, this is a legitimate accessory for airsoft.

It's a legitimate RS accessory. It's got nothing to do with airsoft. Whether or not it can be used isn't the issue. Night sights are a prime example.

It doesn't Look compatible with an airsoft either, dunno bout the glock one but the M9 one is nothing like an airsoft spring quide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Speaking of pointless cause its shiny... Im currently hovering over a
    "Buy Now" link for a set of tritium sights for a glock 17/18.... Mmmmmm Useless Gucciiiii .... Droooools

their not pointless, they are brilliant., :) they helps a lit with targeting without actually looking for the sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

3 burst kit for WA/AGM m4 on airsoftglobal for about 110 euro

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=10347

Am I tempted??? Eh....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Like i've said before if a viable alternative to those 300 dollar lasermax recoil rods come out for an airsoft 1911 i'd be all over it. Speaking of tritium night sights are the ones on tm 3rd gen glocks any use? Been thinking about starting a new gbb project that aint a 1911

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Is the JG compatable with the agm however?

Yeah their all WA clones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Modify TORUS out, if the quality if anything near modifys past standard and you need a replacement shell, at 50usd its worth a look, i know i will be

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=MDF-MB-02_srch_1
    - Fluted gearbox outer surface for greater strength, weight reduction and faster heat dissipation.
    - Unique internal and external geometry for reinforcing weak points of conventional Ver. 2 Gearbox.
    - Dedicated tappet plate included to match gearbox internal geometry.
    - Openings allow instant visual check of the internal parts and lubrication without disassembly.
    - Oversize, high-torque screws ensure a secure fit and prevent loosening of gearbox and components.

mdf_mb_02_l.jpg

Masada wrote: »
    Yeah their all WA clones. :)
    Just curious as there are several models that are not wa clones...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Firekitten wrote: »
    Just curious as there are several models that are not wa clones...

Only the KJW & WE's but neither have been cloned.

• Advertisement

yup, your bang on beast, the others are all the same. The G&P has a different hammer but is still compatible.

granted, with all airsoft parts, even those that are supposed to be compatible, you might need to do a little bit of trimming to get the to fit. :)

who clones the cloners?

Cool, however a plastic m4 is a smelly idea... my agm is nice :D 150yoyo after muppet customs got hold of it... not a bad price, i wont gripe over 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Masada wrote: »
    It doesn't Look compatible with an airsoft either, dunno bout the glock one but the M9 one is nothing like an airsoft spring quide.

It is a fundamental part of the pistol so yeah id say its counted as a firearm component. The recoil spring and guide rod are designed to fit the real thing so they interlock with the barrel and the frame and the recoil spring is designed to take the recoil of the real thing so even if by some fluke it did fit id say you would never get the slide to operate. I'm sure someone could hack an Airsoft one together though.

How the hell do you turn it on and off though??

Rew wrote: »
    It is a fundamental part of the pistol so yeah id say its counted as a firearm component. The recoil spring and guide rod are designed to fit the real thing so they interlock with the barrel and the frame and the recoil spring is designed to take the recoil of the real thing so even if by some fluke it did fit id say you would never get the slide to operate. I'm sure someone could hack an Airsoft one together though.

i believe the real ones are actuated by the slide release, if i remember correctly from an old G&A reveiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The North Koreans.

More clones of clones, SVD & PSO1 scope(presumably):
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog...48ac7eb913b682

that would just be the a&k version with the clone posp scope that is alreayd out, the clone posp is known o not fit correctly so i would stay clear

Rew wrote: »

They come with a new upper release catch which has the switch assemply inside it, theres a metal contact on the back of the laser and as you press in the take down lever as if you were to remove the slide, the circuit is completed.
    with those glock ones you need to pull down on the catch to release the slide and to switch on the laser you push in on the catch so it has 2 functions. with the amount of energy that goes through that spring and guide i don't think id be trusting these on a firearm, the rod is a lot sturdier on a real gun too but theres still movement so i cant see how exactly these things are going to stay accurate, plus, it doesn't look like they are adjustable. :)

Id much sooner blow my hard earned on crimson trace kit. a lot more idiot proof. :)

Richie hon... these are generally designed FOR real firearms... not toys.

Puding wrote: »
    that would just be the a&k version with the clone posp scope that is alreayd out, the clone posp is known o not fit correctly so i would stay clear

yeah i know that... i already have one, got it thrown in with another sale that was cheap so im not complaining, like a red dot ACOG, its for looks only.

i was under the impression that the SVD was some new no name ACM company as opposed to A&K, being thet it was released at a much lower price, as ACM, when the A&K one were out of stock everywhere for a while.

could be completely wrong on tat, as just my interpretation of things.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Richie hon... these are generally designed FOR real firearms... not toys.

yeah but if you can get an airsoft version or make your own sometimes there is no other alternative.

Advertisement