Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

the real one wont fit... but im sure something could be made... tbh lasers are pretty pointless... if you cant aim a pistol without one, it slows you down too much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Firekitten wrote: »
    Richie hon... these are generally designed FOR real firearms... not toys.

Thats what he said??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Masada wrote: »
    They come with a new upper release catch which has the switch assemply inside it, theres a metal contact on the back of the laser and as you press in the take down lever as if you were to remove the slide, the circuit is completed.
    with those glock ones you need to pull down on the catch to release the slide and to switch on the laser you push in on the catch so it has 2 functions. with the amount of energy that goes through that spring and guide i don't think id be trusting these on a firearm, the rod is a lot sturdier on a real gun too but theres still movement so i cant see how exactly these things are going to stay accurate, plus, it doesn't look like they are adjustable. :)

Id much sooner blow my hard earned on crimson trace kit. a lot more idiot proof. :)

Spring is taking all the force really, the slide is guided by the frame and the guide rod is really only there to keep the spring in place. Other lasers I have see have small adjusting screws but it would be a real pain to strip, adjust, fire, strip, adjust, fire etc if it does have adjustments.

Im convinced lasers are only good for the movies and intimidating people into surrender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

This looks very interesting. the M11 specific silencer can be hard to come by and a bit over priced, now you have a choice of whatever silencer you like, and at less than a fiver. :)
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3815
    kit_0269_0.jpg
    kit_0269_112512779414a94fc75424ef.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks like VFC is in on the GBB rifle band wagon. This looks very interesting and we all know what VFC quality is like. shame though since its almost a dead cert it'll be way over priced.

M4GBB_AD.jpg

Some nice new delevopments coming from china today,
    this is the new MP5 from Cyma and comes in MP5 K and PDW setups. coems with a metal upper receiver and low cap magazines. :)
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1741
    cm-041pdw-02.JPG

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1740&osCsid=bc43a6914a464f89d659730a30516a6d
    cm-041k-02.JPG

*Dribble* I want one... no, make that two...

Never let it be said that Masada can't please a woman... well, as long as she plays airsoft... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Dunno if its been mentioned but im too lazy to read back, I see there's now a WE SCAR GBBr out, shouldnt be too long before theres a GBB Masada for the gucci crew

The Scar is already for sale on a few of the big retailer sites. i cant see a masada coming anytime soon since WE themselves have rubbished the rumour, I would love to see it materialize though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

For those of us with iPhones or iPod Touch's, there's a handy little free app available on App Store now. It goes by the name "airsoftcalc" (easier to find via search than trawl through the app lists) and is basically a handy reference calculator for FPS to Joule ratings but has some nifty other options like an effective range estimator and velocity limit differences.

98c89de5.jpgc1700d8d.jpg

The only niggle is the bb weights are selected, rather than typed in and the choices don't include .23, but it's hardly a problem.

cool... they finally found something useful an Iphone can do...:rolleyes:

I have no end of uses for mine. It pretty much saves me from having to do any formula in my job when working out anything from capacitor codes and IC pin-outs, to phase angle calculations and three-phase motors. Damn thing is the handiest reference guide I have.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I have no end of uses for mine. It pretty much saves me from having to do any formula in my job when working out anything from capacitor codes and IC pin-outs, to phase angle calculations and three-phase motors. Damn thing is the handiest reference guide I have.
    sounds awesome. But can you ring anyone?;)

Through regular cell calls or via Skype, yes. Can your phone send texts? That's an extra you know, as a purist you should really just have a phone that only makes calls and does nothing else. It shouldn't even have a display, you don't need it. It doesn't need to be portable either really, why not get one that just plugs into a power socket altogether so you don't worry about battery life? Or better yet, a wind up one. Screw it, why not go back to semaphore?

Sheesh, people and their xeno/technophobias...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

tirelessrebutter.jpg

I take it you don't get that said often to you about your iPhail then Dex? ;)

It's more a case of knowing the particular cut and brand of those who decry it so often. Generally those who are ignorant to it's uses from never having owned one and prefer to pootle along merily on the anti-Apple bandwagon. You might have seen it? Big grey thing with no windows to see the world passing the occupants by?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's more a case of knowing the particular cut and brand of those who decry it so often. Generally those who are ignorant to it's uses from never having owned one and prefer to pootle along merily on the anti-Apple bandwagon. You might have seen it? Big grey thing with no windows to see the world passing the occupants by?

I'll take it that's a yes then :p

Humour. You know, that funny thing? Almost as funny as an iPha ... oh wait, pardon me :pac:

edit: Mind you the no windows thing is a bit moot as the world passes you by whilst engrossed in the touchscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I know understand, the internet was built to accommodate you, and you were born, to unleash your hate and fury upon the world, with your glorious command of their language to hold us in bedazzlement, as was the infamous frostmourne passed onto you from the frozen depths of northrend, into your hand it slid like a glove, so you could wield it to bring carnage and destruction to those who oppose you and your diety.

See jason, I can do it too, your big paragraph basically said " Get off your bandwagon" while mine said " your a fanboi"

I love you man <3

• Advertisement

For the record, i Own and really like my ipod nano... trot on now dex ;)

On topic... I cant see any special function to that calculator... anyone that knows a foot and a meter, or the 'between mps and fps' button on a chrono will have as easy a time... and the 'site limits' bit is amusing... as its all the same here and never changes..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

thread_direction.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

The Master wrote: »
    thread_direction.gif

This thread is anow about funny images :pac:

Looks like theres someone else making paint specificly for guns and its said to be teh exact shade of FDE used by Magpul. €13 quid a can. :)

taccustom_fde_2708.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    Looks like theres someone else making paint specificly for guns and its said to be teh exact shade of FDE used by Magpul. €13 quid a can. :)

taccustom_fde_2708.png

If you can get it in an exact shade that magpul don't use count me in.

AKA, OD*

*away with ye pedants, magpul prob does make od gear, but in this context, aka richie, they only make tan!

The Chinese have started cloning the flectarn desert now too, which is good, i like desert fleck and theres some really gucci accessories available for it in Germany too. :)

http://www.airsoftpark.com/german-desert-camo-tactical-field-uniform-shirt-pants-ver3-p-1624.html?osCsid=28123e315060e879f9cc3b1815a7df08
    German%20Desert%20Camo%20BUD%20Field%20Uniform%20Shirt%20Pants%20Ver3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

You can get issued Desert fleck cax and top for 50 pounds, then about 7 shipping.

more expensive, but it's issue gear, not cheap Chinese clone stuff, it can't be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

2.10 vfc gbb hk416

Advertisement