Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a rifle or rifles from Ireland to the UK

Options
  • 05-08-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

What's the deal if I want to bring one or more of my rifles to the UK to do a bit of shooting please?

ATB,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You will need to get a visitors permit from the police force in the area you will be shooting. This would need to be arranged in advance by someone local to the area that knows you. Probably a RFD or another shooter.

Also you will need to get an article 7 from your super to bring the guns home again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Also you will need to get an article 7 from your super to bring the guns home again.

No article 7 needed to bring them home again. You need a European Firearms Pass with the relevant firearms on it, available free from your local Garda station, send your ORIGINAL EFP and a copy of your Irish Firearms licence(s) to your sponsor who must apply to UK police in the area you wish to shoot. Your application must be sponsored by a UK resident,preferably one with a Firearms Cert. as they will most likely have suitable storage for your firearm(s) during your stay. Visitor's permit cost is £12 and usually lasts a week or so longer than your intended stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Cheers lads :D

Currently I have three or four offers of shooting on the table, am spoilt for choice as I know a good few shooters over there. So sponsors wouldn't be any trouble.

I think I'll kill two birds with one stone and when I go in looking for the European firearms pass I'll ask about getting moderators as well, or at least sound out the FO (who I've never met!) on it.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

ATB,

John

Advertisement