Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

westport music festival

• 05-08-2008 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi im from donegal..goin to westport for da festival at da wend wit my mum and my daughter whos 6...jus wondering is der gonna be activities for kids r stuff goin n durin da day r is it jus all about da music in da evenings? also any recommendations for restaurants and quieter but good pubs dat can take kids 2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Best have a look at this page: http://www.westportmusicfestival.com/Events.html

Regarding restaurants, suitable for children, I would say, if you have a car 'The Helm' out the quay. it's a mile out, but a beautiful part of town.

For a restaurant only, in the middle of town, Mango's restaurant (098-24999), lovely place, some good dishes, and very filling. For pubs, be sure to check out Matt Molloy's. Usually a good atmosphere in there during the festival. Sol Rio on Bridge St. do food during the day. Pointed someone in that direction today, and they came back to say it was lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 snooks x

thanks for dat...il av da car anyways so dont mind drivin abit to find a nice place.seen dat website before it dosnt reali say times r anyting of whats n tho so wonderin does der be stuff n during da day aswell? will go to wesport house an all anyways... deyl be plenty to do!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No offence, but is there any chance you could type in English?

snooks x wrote: »
    Hi I'm from Donegal and plan on going to Westport at the weekend to attend the music festival. I shall be joined by my mum and my six year old daughter. I was just wondering if there will be activities for kids or events taking place during the day? I would also appreciate any recommendations for restaurants and quiet pubs that I would be permitter to take my daughter to?
    snooks x wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I shall be driving down myself so I really don't mind having to drive a short distance in order to find a nice place. I saw that website before and it really does'nt give any indication to the times of the various events. I'm just wondering if there will be events taking place during the day which will occupy the time. I will definetly be going to Wesport house for a day and I'm sure that there will be plenty to do ther.

Fixed those for you as best I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Attica Roma is a suitable restuarant to visit with children.

Re pubs - Matt Molloys is a mecca for visitors and tends to be nearly always busy. Heneghans some doors above it may be a better bet with children. McGings on the right up above the clock fills up in the evening but has a lot of space during most days. Quieter local pubs include : Johnny Morans Bridge St, Tobys' Fairgreen, Wyatt ( formerly O'Malleys ) and Dunnings and Geraghtys ( Grodens ) all at Octagon. Many others . enjoy.

• Advertisement

Thank you all for your recommendations..i will report back.

i am new on here , i started posting fairly much straightaway so i didnt realise that text speak was not acceptable.

I realise it can be irritating to some people...i would have thought mines was mild...obviously not!

note taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Re eating with kids in Westport - should have mentioned that Clew Bay Hotel James St has a playroom for small kids just beside their dining area with glass partitions.

Hi all...the town was very busy all weekend but we managed to get to the helm and mangos...both beautiful..great food and great service! also went to sol rio and the castlecourt..all very good. we were very disappointed by the westport inn hotel...very impressive restaurant but bad menu and the food wasnt great for the price of it. they also have the most irritating waiters in the world...constantly at our table picking off stuff and asking were we ok...7 times asking from 4 different waiters was just too much.there was a man singing in the lounge afterwards who had a fantastic voice though so it made up for a disappointing meal.

the music on the streets was very enjoyable and the weather stayed dry for the most part so that was great. great craic in matt molloys but we had a short stay as it was just getting too busy for a child.other great pubs were Heneghans and Lavelles.

we had a fabulous time ...thanks to all for the recommendations

Advertisement