Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quicket way to Put Money on a Credit card (URGENT)

Options
  • 05-08-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

hey guys so my situation is , i have a dell voucher code and have to use it by midnight wednesday , with my credit card limit im falling short of making the payment by €100, so i have to put money on my credit card, dont have the transfer option as im not signed up to 24hr banking, but is there any way i can put money on the card so i have it asap??

is it possible to go into the bank and put money straight onto the credit card , I have till Midnight Wednesday , otherwise ill end up paying €150 extra :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Going direct to the bank is the quickest way but there is no way it will make it to the card be the end of the day. If you got it in wed, it'll be friday before its on the card and thats a long shot.

Why not ring the CC provider and ask for a small limit increase. This can be marked onto the card straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Was going to suggest putting it in a bank envelope as hole in the wall payment but that would only put money into your savings account , not on your CC .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

no because i only have the card 2 months and rang them and they said i cant increase the limit as you need to have the credit card at least 6 months to incease the limit :(:( so theys nothing i can do???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I belive DELL.ie also accept lazer card not 100% sure on that tho. might speed things up :)

dont think so my friend :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Pay before 12am (I think) and the money will be on the card the next day.

If i put it on my credit card like 8 in the morning if there any chance it be done for midnight????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Best case scenario would be the next working day. I think it depends on the bank. When I first opened my account, and pre online banking days, if I did it at the branch it would take 3 working days, however if I had the card registered, it would be next working day if I did it at the atm.

i got it transferred to my credit card this morning so waiting for it to actually come in on the credit card , i put it ona ten this morning so will it be there for midnight exactly or abit after,

Because the dell website is one hour behind so if it is showed up on the card at say half 12 then i should be ok !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The balances normally wouldn't be updated until later in the night/morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭banchang

Be careful putting your CC into credit.

There was an unbelieveable but true story which you can listen to on podcast here

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

search for 'Credit Card Disaster'.

This may work also

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2008/pc/pod-v-160608-04m01s-liveline.mp3

Basically the guy's credit card was deactivated because he lodged money & kept it in credit for a short break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

In fairness i don't see why he put the 2k onto his card. surely the card would have enough credit to charge what he likes to the card and then pay it back when he gets home.

I can see why the company don't want people having 2K sitting on the card as they could be liable to pay the holder interest and i don't think the banks want to be paying people 20% odd in interest.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭banchang

I can see why the company don't want people having 2K sitting on the card as they could be liable to pay the holder interest and i don't think the banks want to be paying people 20% odd in interest.

I don't see that at all.

The terms & conditions of the issue of the credit card are clear that it is not a deposit account on which they would have any obligation to pay interest. If I open a deposit account, this is a contract where the banks obligations are clear. There is no such obligation when I load a credit card into a credit balance, & as such no such exposure for the credit card company.

Advertisement