Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overheard in Waterford

• 05-08-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Fajita's and myself were walking along the quay on Saturday night outside Dooley's hotel, heading towards the Forum when we met a group of pished 14-17 year olds with their cans. A young couple belong to the group was trailing along behind them when the guy piped up;

'If you have thrush, I'm not ridin' ya tonight'

Who said romance is dead ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Who said romance is dead ?

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    Me.

thought so :P

i'll get my coat...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

LOL. That was one of the funniest things I've overheard ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Another I heard quite a while ago was two old ladies waiting at the bus stop, taking about a local rough lad who had moved to the States but now the 'MFI' were after him ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

heard a good one about a chap calling to pick up his mate in his mothers house and when he got there he found his mates mother crying so he asked "what's wrong "?. she replied it's paddy(her son) he's gone. so his friend asked "where"? and the mother said he took his bag and is gone to the phillipine's.........................turned out he was gone for a swim to the guilleameane's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

a personal one .....my mother was once warning me about my excess drinking and she said that i was "drinking myself into bolivia" she ment obilivion
    but i thought how bad! go out on the piss and wake up in south america happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

"I've never seen one of those wimmin bus drivers before."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Another I heard quite a while ago was two old ladies waiting at the bus stop, taking about a local rough lad who had moved to the States but now the 'MFI' were after him ...

****, like MFI the department store in the UK are after him?
    Maybe he owes them money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

i heard a great one, but its Dublin related.. so it might be off topic.. but im sure all will enjoy

Sleazy Italian - "You are a beautiful girl, you have such pale completion, in my country you would be a princess with that skin"
    Dublin burd - "In my country you'd be working in a chipper!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i was on a bus when a not so classy girl sat behind me and started talking to her friend. Basically the conversation was about a party she had and her bf got completey angry at the forementioned lady and proceeded to strike her , but alass his punch was misguided and failed to hit the mark.

In return however her kick to the youngmans face was well on target, and so the conversation went on how she pummeled him, and how his friends got a good laugh out of the whole experience, oh yes.....classy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

hahaha thats sooooooooooooo funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Posted this yesterday in after hours but it was said in Waterford pub so think it qualifies.

When to the toilets in my local one night and ran into a 70 + regular,
    The hand dryer was hanging off the wall as I looked at the old man quick as a flash he states

" don't look at me I am not destructive , same as I am not constructive , I ain't putting the f**ker back. "

Taught it was great , hope if I see that age , I'll be that sharp.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Posted this yesterday in after hours but it was said in Waterford pub so think it qualifies.

When to the toilets in my local one night and ran into a 70 + regular,
    The hand dryer was hanging off the wall as I looked at the old man quick as a flash he states

" don't look at me I am not destructive , same as I am not constructive , I ain't putting the f**ker back. "

Taught it was great , hope if I see that age , I'll be that sharp.

this wasent the auld lad that always in muldoons was it? haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

this wasent the auld lad that always in muldoons was it? haha

Tommy Towers??

tonc76 wrote: »
    Tommy Towers??

dont know his name, but he is the little fella thats always in there on weeknights with a glass and a bottle of stout... always out getting his groove on, in his 60's at least.. ?

Advertisement