Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access net through o2

Options
  • 05-08-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭

I have o2 mobile modem but lately having major problems. No problem with connection etc but i cant open any webpage. I keep getting 'Internet Explorere cannot open this webpage' I have not chnged any settings etc or anything like that and im clueless what to do? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

Hi Coillte_Bhoy,

Have you downloaded any Microsoft updates recently? There is one that is known to cause a problem for users of Zone Alarm firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carlywalsh

hi Brian H,
    I'm having da same problem as coillte Bhoy and yes have downloaded any of da available
    microsoft updates, do u no which update is causing da problem

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

Hi carlywalsh,

Microsoft Update KB951748 is the offender. You will find it in Control Panel/Add Remove programs. Make sure the "Show Updates" box at the top is ticked. Follow this link for info on how to fix the problem.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carlywalsh

Hi Brian H
    Thanks, that update was not installed, 4 new updates installed on the 06/08/08 uninstalled them all, one of them caused the problem, workin ok now,
    Thanks
    Carly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Will that work if i dont have zone alarm and o2 problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement