Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 610 €169 in Harvey Normans

Options
  • 05-08-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Picked up a nuvi 610 - on the stand it was displayed as €289 - but asked the girl about a special offer i had seen in the paper - wasn't sure which one it was but at the price of €169 - she said it was the 610 so happy days - decided to buy it, on the box there was a sticker for €449!! So not sure if its a mistake or what - but seems grand....its only got the uk/ireland maps but suite me grand for what i need it for....2 things though in cork at the minute - checked the maps and it shows them updated to 2008 - but it doesn't seem to have mahon point shopping centre on it - very strange.... also when i try to register it - it doesn't allow me do it on my mac! says i need to down load a plug in but that will only work with windows explorer!

Does anyone know if its a big cost involved in updating maps for Europe or USA? Do i just pick up a sd card with the info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it has 2008 maps then do not register it, wait until the next map version (2009?) comes out, then register it, say you bought it that very day and you'll get the upgrade for free, you'll gain nothing by registering it now.

Yes to expand the maps you'll need to buy them on an SD card, the single region models don't have enough internal memory to take an upgrade to all of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Seems like the Nuvi 610 is a discontinued model.
    Listed as such amoung the list of sat navs on the garmin website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You can get a free download of places of interest from http://www.mypois.ie/

Found it handy.

Advertisement