Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all DOTNET developers

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

My name is Dean and to be blunt I would like to start a developer community which focuses on DOT NET development in Ireland. I have seen a few other threads which have tried and failed, i think this is because there was not enough action and a lot of talking about the subject of a social group.

My idea is simple. A website, a forum and a formalized method of communication, be it skype, MSN or some other program. Ive been part of a dev group from the US for a while who chat and work on projects via skype. This has allowed us to have some great sessions. I would like to set up a similar group of irish only programmers with the view of being able to organise meetings etc at regular intervils.

I will personally pay for the domain name, hosting and forum software if i get enough positive responses to this. Im not going to lie, im rather new to hosting etc so while I could sort out all the hosting I would need a few members to be part of the admin team. I need the following volunteers to start.

Joint web master - to help look after the daily running of the site etc
    Web Developer - To actually make a functioning site
    Graphic Designer - To make everything look good

These are the only people i require at the moment. If you wish to put your name forward you must have plenty of free time to be useful and also be able to speak on ether skype or msn when necessery (Skype prefered).

These roles MUST be filled for this project to take off, i await your responses. Hopefully we can start something that alot of peole would like to see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

TBH I'm getting a little tired of these 'Lets start a programming group' threads. There's already www.irishdev.com and www.developers.ie, both of which are commercial ventures and do suggest a certain commercial viability of such projects. In that light I am particularly suspicious of people asking for volunteers straight of the bat.

I'm closing this thread.

For future reference if anyone wants to a programming group/club/whatever then go and start one, don't come on here asking for people to do it for you.

And I don't care if you're doing it for the community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement