Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Curl wetsuit warranty anyone?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

hello again.
    bought a rip curl classic wet suit online there 2weeks ago and used it for the first time this weekend just gone.
    thing is i noticed taking if off yesterday that the glued seams around my calves (on the inside) were coming apart. (left leg and right!):eek:
    i've put on other hired wetsuits lots of time no problems and did it carefully as you can. (the wetsuit is a good fit, not loose but not too tight either)
    sooo, the card that came with the wetsuit says:

lifetime warranty on all seams
    2yrs on knees
    12mnths on materials

so seeing as this suit is all of 2wks old i'm guessing i can claim on seams or materials, but

does anyone know where you claim such warranties, i bought online off a uk shop and dont really feel like posting it all the way over if all there going to do is put a bit of black witch on it?
    what i'm hoping is that i can take it to some ripcurl stockist in ireland, anyone point me in the right direction? cheers jim:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

From what I've heard from many a surf shop owner is avoid rip curl wetsuits like the plague.... have never heard a good thing about them.

Talk to the lads in Wind and Wave and ask them about the stockist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

Cunning wrote: »
    hello again.
    bought a rip curl classic wet suit online there 2weeks ago and used it for the first time this weekend just gone.
    thing is i noticed taking if off yesterday that the glued seams around my calves (on the inside) were coming apart. (left leg and right!):eek:
    i've put on other hired wetsuits lots of time no problems and did it carefully as you can. (the wetsuit is a good fit, not loose but not too tight either)
    sooo, the card that came with the wetsuit says:

lifetime warranty on all seams
    2yrs on knees
    12mnths on materials

so seeing as this suit is all of 2wks old i'm guessing i can claim on seams or materials, but

does anyone know where you claim such warranties, i bought online off a uk shop and dont really feel like posting it all the way over if all there going to do is put a bit of black witch on it?
    what i'm hoping is that i can take it to some ripcurl stockist in ireland, anyone point me in the right direction? cheers jim:confused:

good to hear tho u may have got one out of a bad batch does happen. A few years ago i had a ripcurl that lasted me 3 years and that was called the ultimate 5/3 and i never once had a problem with it.
    Deal with it is, you gotta send it back there i can try and have a chat with someone i sell ripcurl :) and see if i can get it sent back to the irish agent, but thats pretty doutfull I however can tell you.

that useually shops and agent in another country dont useually take faulty products... Hazzard of buying on line is that, you have to send them back.. my advise is to contact the shop through phone take pics of the dammeged part of the suit send it to them and ask them will they pay for the shipping back to the uk...

its worth a chance any way....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭wimmy

From what I've heard from many a surf shop owner is avoid rip curl wetsuits like the plague.... have never heard a good thing about them.

Everytime I'm surfing it's 85% to 95% Rip Curl suits in the water...
    Seen a few lads with other suits but it really is the exception...

It's like anything else, buy the cheapest of their line and you'll get
    what you paid for. Go for the high end and there is no issue on what
    brand works best, it's all about quality me think...

Advertisement