Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tattoo shop in Navan?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in Navan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 defenders2008

chewed wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in Navan?
    I'd have serious doubts about true love tattoo i checked out their site and the guy call glen
    quotes that he is tattooing for 5 years. He starting an aprentiship with manik fish tattoos in 2005 !!! he was tattooing for a few months before from his house on friends.

His work is avrage and so is the other studio body graphics i think thats the name.

Your better off paying the extra and heading up to dublin its not that far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Your better off paying the extra and heading up to dublin its not that far
    Agreed..the trip won't be too long, and the inks gonna be on you for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xtraevil6666

Hey As for tattoos in navan, I got tattooed By Matthew a few years back, he is from Navan and he's been tattooing for 20 years or more. He tattoos in Sweden at his shop but he visits Navan from time to time. I get tattooed by him , he's well worth the wait but if you can't wait then Bren harte in Dublin is a good one, his shop is called Dragon Tattoo. hope this helps. Ned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I cannot emphasise this more....

NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE!!!

DON'T BLOODY DO IT!!!

I know the guys who run the studios and I swear it's not worth it!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Heary87

Hi got a tattoo done lst week in True Love and Glen done it. He is brill, It's clean and there at average price, wat more do u want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

post pic??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FZappa

Im sorry, I beg to differ. Dont know where you got your info from. Secondly, Let people judge for themselves by visiting True Love's Website www.truelovetattoos.net. They are by far the best in Navan! I will definitely be going back there for my next tattoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Fairly mediocre stuff to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LITTLEDEE

Body Graphix is definitely the place to go to get work done in Navan! I actually drive in from Dublin!! Nothing close to mediocre when you look through Roberts portfolio. I am half way through a full back from him and got a half sleeve from him last year. He is a Polish artist with his masters in art and something like 8 to 10 years experience...when you have sat as long as i have you get to know a little about a person!! Awesome guy and my artist for life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Anna353

Rob at Body Graphix did my butterfly with some swerls and lots of colour, he is really good and professional check out his portfolio in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

FZappa wrote: »
    Im sorry, I beg to differ. Dont know where you got your info from. Secondly, Let people judge for themselves by visiting True Love's Website www.truelovetattoos.net. They are by far the best in Navan! I will definitely be going back there for my next tattoo!!

As truthinwords said....

Fairly mediocre. The pics of his skull work are bad to be honest. Very lopsided. His depth of perception isn't great either. Certain things in the foreground of an image being smaller than what is in the background.

LITTLEDEE wrote: »
    Body Graphix is definitely the place to go to get work done in Navan! I actually drive in from Dublin!! Nothing close to mediocre when you look through Roberts portfolio. I am half way through a full back from him and got a half sleeve from him last year. He is a Polish artist with his masters in art and something like 8 to 10 years experience...when you have sat as long as i have you get to know a little about a person!! Awesome guy and my artist for life
    Anna353 wrote: »
    Rob at Body Graphix did my butterfly with some swerls and lots of colour, he is really good and professional check out his portfolio in the shop

He's okay. Nothing overly special, Justin and Jani would both be a fair bit better then him at black & grey and his colour work is fairly ropey. If your travelling from Dublin for this guy you should probably go take a look at Justin Russels portfolio and Jani (Zulu tattoo in Templerbars) portfolio aswell as colourworks if your looking for colour stuff.

Is Justin not gone from Zulu now truthinwords?

Thought I read on here that he was now in Limerick or some other hell-hole...

Yeah he is, the Zulu bit was for Jani. I heard he had his own place on Amiens St (near Bus Aras) and went and had a look but couldn't find it. Wouldn't advise trekking around that end of town by yourself either and I live there haha.

Ah Amiens Street isn't so bad. As long as you walk through in daylight. Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

BodyGraphix is now closed.

Rob is an excellent tattooist, he's working in Ballymun for the minute. Daragh on the other hand was muck.

TrueLove is a good shop, Glen is very good, Piku is great. They have a good piercer as well.

To whoever is in love with Justin and Jari, they are both good, neither are great. Piku and Rob are both better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

Will, you know Rob from Snakebite, next time you're talking to him, ask him about Woodsy from Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Anna353

Doberman wrote: »
    BodyGraphix is now closed.

Rob is an excellent tattooist, he's working in Ballymun for the minute. Daragh on the other hand was muck.

TrueLove is a good shop, Glen is very good, Piku is great. They have a good piercer as well.

To whoever is in love with Justin and Jari, they are both good, neither are great. Piku and Rob are both better.

Hay just for a up-date Rob is no longer in Ballymun, he is now at Snakebite on Abby st. Cheers

Lay off the crackpipe son.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 evilsdaughter

true love is a brill tattoo parlor, i'd recommend glen to anyone gettin one done! Wouldnt recommend piku though! i've got 15 or 16 done with him, and ones with serious amnout of fickley detail in them and i was VERY pleased with them, goin back in a few weeks to get another piece done hopefully! you can check out his work inthe shop and decide for yourself, but personally he's the only perspn i'll let near me with a needle and ink! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

true love is a brill tattoo parlor, i'd recommend glen to anyone gettin one done! Wouldnt recommend piku though! i've got 15 or 16 done with him, and ones with serious amnout of fickley detail in them and i was VERY pleased with them, goin back in a few weeks to get another piece done hopefully! you can check out his work inthe shop and decide for yourself, but personally he's the only perspn i'll let near me with a needle and ink! :D
    Hi Glen! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Will, you know Rob from Snakebite, next time you're talking to him, ask him about Woodsy from Navan.

hahah oddly enough i asked him that couple years ago when i went into him so he could change my lip ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 redbiddy

I have been tattooed by John at Holyshow Tattoo, he is in the business for 'bout five years and is now opening his own shop in Navan. So I would say he is worth goin' to. You can look up his work on fb and he has a website called Holyshow Tatoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tommybrown

Heary87 wrote: »
    Hi got a tattoo done lst week in True Love and Glen done it. He is brill, It's clean and there at average price, wat more do u want.
    Thanks for the nice info

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

There's a tattoo place in the car park opposite the shopping centre. (with xtra vision etc in it) I got mine done there a few years ago, A few friends also got theres done there and we have not had any problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Research your artist. Visit the studio.
    A tattoo is with you for life. Don't just turn up and pick any old crap from a folder. Don't get a tattoo on impulse.
    I flew over to London, hired a car and then drove up to Colchester for a black and grey jobbie by Jason at Immortal Ink. And that was after waiting over 12 months on the waiting list.
    If you want a first class job, be prepared to travel....... And join a waiting list!

Advertisement