Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4-Fuel indicator

Options
  • 05-08-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

On the front display of the A4 is one option to display miles until a refuel is needed. eg "150 mi"

Just wondering how accurate this is?

When the display reaches "0 mi" how many more miles could you get? Would there be a certain reserve amont of fuel availible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Hi guys,

On the front display of the A4 is one option to display miles until a refuel is needed. eg "150 mi"

Just wondering how accurate this is?

When the display reaches "0 mi" how many more miles could you get? Would there be a certain reserve amont of fuel availible?

I reccomend you have a look at this

And then this

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I guess 0 miles would be accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

No 0 miles wouldn't be accurate, i know someone who today drove for a further 15 miles after the clock hit 0 miles. So thats why i was wondering how far it would actually go...

That piece from Top Gear is vey interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd find I normally have 10-15 kms when I'm reading empty. It could be more, but at that stage I'm getting kinda nervous... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

if its a petrol model why not carry a can of petrol and find out, with a diesel model its a bit more difficult:) (unless the VW tdi is self bleeding in which case go for it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

AudiChris wrote: »
    I'd find I normally have 10-15 kms when I'm reading empty. It could be more, but at that stage I'm getting kinda nervous... :p

Ya the guy that did 15 miles yesterday was sweating it at that stage, i was just curious how much more he would have got out of it...

Advertisement