Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting Rear Bumper sprayed?

Options
  • 05-08-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

NiSmO wrote: »

Get onto Su_dios, he recently got his done somewhere in Tallaght I think. He's out of the country at the mo tho, so you might have to wait on a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

How much did that bumper cost u if u don't mind me asking. Was there any trouble ordering it? Normally they need a code off a GTi etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

Jaysus how bad. Will look the part. Just for ur own info i was gettin the back bumper on my MK4 sprayed (nice scratch on it and the only one on the car:mad:) and i was quoted 120. This was off a reputable sprayer in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Well i'd be very careful who u pick. I got the bonnet sprayed on my last car off a fella who seemed cheap, when he gave me back the car it was still wet to touch. It took three times before he got it right. And at that i'd say he just used any old black. Unless u are willing to travel i can't help no more:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Don't do it!

The day you start messing with your new Golf is the day you begin to ruin it. If it was supposed to come with a GTI back bumper it would have arrived with one fitted.

To me the car will say "Here comes a Golf GTI wannabe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

i got a quote from a Naas repaint garage - 1k EURO for the whole car inc repair any damage. i think the deal is good, but i walked away - i only need repaint 1 door - 200 euro is too high for a door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Don't do it!

The day you start messing with your new Golf is the day you begin to ruin it. If it was supposed to come with a GTI back bumper it would have arrived with one fitted.

To me the car will say "Here comes a Golf GTI wannabe".

What the o.p is talking about is colour coding half the GTI rear bumper which gti's don't come with as standard. I think it the best look to have on a golf rear and as long as he doesn't shove a GTI badge on it, it won't "ruin it"

Before:
    DSC01687.jpg

After:
    pics007.jpg
    pics008.jpg
    IMG_1244Medium.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It'll cost you when you go to change or sell it. No talking to young fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

I'm no oul fella and i'm big into not making boy racer looks out of new good cars but that rear bumper just looks ridiculous in half black! Why would VW do that!?:confused: Looks way better colour coded;) Nismo-you say you got the bumper in Reillys in Longford? Are you in Longofrd youreself? If so i know a guy who does great work on plastic bumpers. PM me if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah, makes no sense why VW do that, if I was to buy one new I'd make sure the dealer sorted it before I got the car.

Advertisement